Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Janie_the_Star

2,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:04 pm
kk, i get the fee thing, but for the people that DO want to bid more for a bigger prize in the end is there a way that we can have a minimum AND maximum bid?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:05 pm
BlkDth999
kk, i get the fee thing, but for the people that DO want to bid more for a bigger prize in the end is there a way that we can have a minimum AND maximum bid?

you can always "donate" to the event i guess

but most people want to pay the cheaper price  

Bobannan

MoccaMash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:06 pm
bo_bannan
MoccaMash
hi.......may i have a question?

one by one of us will do hard?

what do you mean? yes the difficulty is on hard for all of the events

i mean one by one of us will do hard.........................?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:00 am
MoccaMash
bo_bannan
MoccaMash
hi.......may i have a question?

one by one of us will do hard?

what do you mean? yes the difficulty is on hard for all of the events

i mean one by one of us will do hard.........................?

It's a team effort. The entire team (of 5) will do the instanced area on hard at the same time. You can form or join a team in the Official team thread biggrin  

everwhispers

dl1371

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:22 am
but wont it still kind of mess up the run if the judges are in the crew
because even if they aren't in the area, it will still spawn as if they were

oh well...
it just makes it more challenging

and the fee is 90k per team?
thats not that much of a reward...

and the deaths point system should be excluded from the soloing event as well
unless you can sneak a revive past the judges, you wont get more than one death  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:55 am
Okay, I have several questions:

1. In DMP, the event is for fastest time. Does that include killing all the animated or just running through and killing OMGWTF?

2. At the start of the event, are you allowed to buff before entering an area then beginning your time, or do you have to enter the event with ZERO rage and begin buffing after the timer begins? I assume it would be the 2nd, but you should just clarify that as part of the rules.

Also, maybe you should list all the members that have joined and don't have a team yet on the Teams thread as free agents. I know there is a members list, but I think it would just be easier that way.  

Rex Bannon

O.G. Noob

zOlympics
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:08 pm
dl1371
but wont it still kind of mess up the run if the judges are in the crew
because even if they aren't in the area, it will still spawn as if they were

oh well...
it just makes it more challenging

and the fee is 90k per team?
thats not that much of a reward...

and the deaths point system should be excluded from the soloing event as well
unless you can sneak a revive past the judges, you wont get more than one death

The reward would depend on how many teams participate. We just wanted to cut down the fee because many people were unhappy with 30k/person

It's the same for all crews (5 person + judge) so I guess that's all that matters.

Rex Bannon
Okay, I have several questions:

1. In DMP, the event is for fastest time. Does that include killing all the animated or just running through and killing OMGWTF?

2. At the start of the event, are you allowed to buff before entering an area then beginning your time, or do you have to enter the event with ZERO rage and begin buffing after the timer begins? I assume it would be the 2nd, but you should just clarify that as part of the rules.

Also, maybe you should list all the members that have joined and don't have a team yet on the Teams thread as free agents. I know there is a members list, but I think it would just be easier that way.

Thanks for catching the bit about buffing. For DMP, it's just killing OMGWTF. Also, the judge will have to follow the crew inside and stay right by the gate because it's possible to leave DMP without killing OMGWTF

As for the list, there is a recruiting forum. Because not everyone in the member's list might be participating and it's hard to know who's already in a half-formed crew, I'll just start a thread where people can make a post if they're looking for a team and I'll add the names there...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:32 pm
i have a question thats been bothering me it's about the Substitute. Can the substitute person sub in during a certain event. For example Hive just say after 2 hours someone has to leave can the subsitute sub in for that person or not?  

Mikey-Chan5

Bobannan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:04 pm
Mikey-Chan5
i have a question thats been bothering me it's about the Substitute. Can the substitute person sub in during a certain event. For example Hive just say after 2 hours someone has to leave can the subsitute sub in for that person or not?

the sub can always substitute. but as long as the main crew people were there for a substantial amount of time i dont see a reason why you should be deducted 2 points from scoring. 2 hours is quite a bit of time, so you should get full credit for something like that. a smaller event like a mini-boss most people would be able to be there for the whole thing anyways though.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:20 am
bo_bannan
Mikey-Chan5

the sub can always substitute. but as long as the main crew people were there for a substantial amount of time i dont see a reason why you should be deducted 2 points from scoring. 2 hours is quite a bit of time, so you should get full credit for something like that. a smaller event like a mini-boss most people would be able to be there for the whole thing anyways though.

ok thanks.i figure the boss battle don't take long but something like EB and Hive take a long time thats why i ask..thanks for the help ^^  

Mikey-Chan5

Vile Atrocities

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:13 am
Would the crew get disqualified if someone gets disconnected due to an internet browser crash, or gets glitched into a wall? When a browser crashes, zOMG usually boots the person out of the crew very quickly. If someone got stuck into a wall, would they have to stay there for the rest of the event? Being stuck in a glitchy Hive, unable to leave or do anything must be rather boring.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:22 am
disco3232
Would the crew get disqualified if someone gets disconnected due to an internet browser crash, or gets glitched into a wall? When a browser crashes, zOMG usually boots the person out of the crew very quickly. If someone got stuck into a wall, would they have to stay there for the rest of the event? Being stuck in a glitchy Hive, unable to leave or do anything must be rather boring.

We have discussed this and as far as I know, if you get glitched up or are experiencing extreme lag you can refresh after notifying the judge, as long as you receive no buffs while outside (but if you refresh fast enough you shouldn't even leave the instance)... please note the timer will not stop as you do so, so it is in your best interest to hurry (also, if you're dazed you may not leave the instance until defibbed, so that means no nulling, sorry)

If you D/C your crew must notify the judge that they have disconnected (although if they are not able to do so that is okay, because the judge wouldn't stop the clock until they all leave anyways). Same rules apply, no buffs or assistance from outside.

If you DO get buffed we ask that you suppress, go to null and unsuppress back to the level you should be. This should get rid of any buffs someone might have stuck on you.

Does that answer all your questions? smile  

Saburoo

Desirable Sex Symbol

12,750 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100

dl1371

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:41 am
so basically, if the judges are with the crew, you only get one try, unlike the video plan

i like it...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:14 am
dl1371
so basically, if the judges are with the crew, you only get one try, unlike the video plan

i like it...

you can get more than one try, but it costs you. 5k for an instanced boss, 10k for ss/eb or hive

so if your crew dies, thats a redo. or if you want a better time. I think 5k or 10k is reasonable considering the judges have better things to do then watching crews all week long. The redo money goes into the overall pot to the winning team.

we have this charge, but we took away the late fee charge and absent fee  

Bobannan

Labcat X

Fashionable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:01 am
Um I disaprove of the disqualification of people for leaving the area: zOMG is very laggy so you can't expect everyone to work all fine and dandy. Just saying no rudeness to be found here just opinion. If the user leaves ON PURPOSE then they should be disqualified but if they lag then they time out or something then it should be allowed as long as they re-enter.  
The zOMG Olympics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff