Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
The Manga Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

favorite series?
  the original sailor moon
  super sailor moon
  stars
View Results

Zahmira

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:23 am
I see. Thanks for the info guys. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:08 pm
Luamervara
Zahmira
Tetki
I cant find any to buy =( and its to much on the net =/
That's what happens when popular books go out of print. crying

@Luamervara: Do you know where in the manga it says this?

Says that it's the golden kingdom- no, but it was Named Elysion. The sacred temples and the palace were on the same grounds.

(though I could be wrong but I didn't see it...>>; wink

Where the Kingdom was located- nope. But it's a good guess. Naoko didn't give it a place. I'm guessing the barren lands in Russia because it would be a good guess and why no one lived there.

>> Though if I had to pick a country I would say Greece.

The style of buildings (pillars and open courtyards) and dress that everyone had shows that it was a Greco-Roman land, which leaves Russian lands right out, because Alexander's conquerings never went that far.

Elysion wasn't Endymion's kingdom. 3nodding It was a special area that Endymion visited frequently as I understand it. Many loopholes were left, unfortunately.  

Syndrama

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:58 pm
kyrana kirri
Luamervara
Zahmira
Tetki
I cant find any to buy =( and its to much on the net =/
That's what happens when popular books go out of print. crying

@Luamervara: Do you know where in the manga it says this?

Says that it's the golden kingdom- no, but it was Named Elysion. The sacred temples and the palace were on the same grounds.

(though I could be wrong but I didn't see it...>>; wink

Where the Kingdom was located- nope. But it's a good guess. Naoko didn't give it a place. I'm guessing the barren lands in Russia because it would be a good guess and why no one lived there.

>> Though if I had to pick a country I would say Greece.

The style of buildings (pillars and open courtyards) and dress that everyone had shows that it was a Greco-Roman land, which leaves Russian lands right out, because Alexander's conquerings never went that far.

Elysion wasn't Endymion's kingdom. 3nodding It was a special area that Endymion visited frequently as I understand it. Many loopholes were left, unfortunately.

I only said guessing. I still think his kingdom was right near the temple.

Naoko could've just used that style to go with her theme but still for all we know it could've been in the heart of Africa.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:01 pm
Elysian was the Land of Dreams that Helios guarded as well. And just because she uses Greco-Roman influences for pretty much everything doens't mean we can assume that the Golden Kingdom was from Greece-Rome. It could be in Rome. I'd assume it existed way before the adventures of Alexander the Great. For all we know, it could be a place in Mesopotamia, which was around prior to Alexander...  

Solar Kitty-chan

Syndrama

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:33 pm
Solar Kitty-chan
Elysian was the Land of Dreams that Helios guarded as well. And just because she uses Greco-Roman influences for pretty much everything doens't mean we can assume that the Golden Kingdom was from Greece-Rome. It could be in Rome. I'd assume it existed way before the adventures of Alexander the Great. For all we know, it could be a place in Mesopotamia, which was around prior to Alexander...

One of my reasonings behind it being Rome is that there are Four Kings of each direction on top of Endymion's absolute rule (yes it was a bow to Buddhism, but hear me out), Rome put people in charge of areas they took over. The emperor was high ruler, but in those areas, everyone answered to a single ruler as well, who was usually a military general.

Truthfully, it's just a mythical kingdom she created, all we're really arguing is what she based it off. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:46 am
I'll always love the Original. ^______^;  

Erisyu

Saturn_Eclipse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:53 pm
I only seen the original and the SuperS, so i think the SuperS is way better so far only becaus eit looks better, i mean her pictures looked way better then her first couple pictures.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:12 pm
Endymion's kingdom was Elysion, and i could have swore Helios said it was in the center of the earth, but i could be wrong. Oh and i've never read the Sailor V manga, i'd very much like too as she is my favorite scout. I think i'll try ebay. 3nodding  

The[Princess]

Fashionable Millionaire

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:56 pm
PrettySoldierSailorV
Endymion's kingdom was Elysion, and i could have swore Helios said it was in the center of the earth, but i could be wrong. Oh and i've never read the Sailor V manga, i'd very much like too as she is my favorite scout. I think i'll try ebay. 3nodding

I remember something about it being at the centre of the Earth, but Elysian is a whole other realm.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:48 pm
Solar Kitty-chan
PrettySoldierSailorV

I remember something about it being at the centre of the Earth, but Elysian is a whole other realm.
but wasn't it on Earth?  

The[Princess]

Fashionable Millionaire

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:37 pm
PrettySoldierSailorV
Solar Kitty-chan
PrettySoldierSailorV

but wasn't it on Earth?

If it was in another realm, then probably not. The Golden Kingdom was on Earth but Elysian is a world of dreams, so I don't see it existing on Earth.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:03 pm
I could've sworn he said something about the center of the earth too...*goes off to check her manga*  

Mercuryangel
Crew

Zahmira

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:25 am
I've heard that the kingdom was at least underground. Again, only from fan websites.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:24 am
In all honesty I perfer the Stars Manga's because I like the ending! I love how Mamoru proses to "Bunny" and stuff. Then I love how at the wedding Bunny tells him that ChibiUsa's on her way. It's romantic. I also love how Chibi Chibi is explained to everyone. (unlike the animated series) it makes more sense.)

(to me the English version kind of confuses me but when I finally got my hands on the stars version of the Sailor Moon manga's it all made sense to me. which is the reason I like the original better!)  

Serena-chan01

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:27 pm
Ok guys, i'm getting out my Sailor Moon SuperS manga where it talks about Prince Endymion's kingdom...*reading*.....

......ok, found it!

Helios says & i quote: "prince, your family has protected this shrine for genorations. Elysion is where your Golden Kingdom existed before."

then Mamoru says in response as an inner monolouge: "Golden Kingdom! That's right! I know this place! Elysion, the green land where the Earth's wind once blew. I lived on this land, I liked this land."

that's in book 3 of the SuperS series, ok? so technically his kingdom was called the Golden Kingdom and it was on the land of Elysion.

there, that argument has been settled....

anyway. I like the anime and manga both and each one has something different about it that i wish was in both.

manga: I love Naoko's drawings and her story lines for Sailor Moon are a little more mature than the anime, little things, but still things i wish were in the anime (for instance, the sword the inner senshi use and the more complexness of the SuperS or when Princess Kakyuu turns into a Sailor senshi)
anime: the villans and minor characters have more character development than in the manga plus there's music in anime xp  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff