Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Just bought a bad game for the first time in... like 8 years Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vaettur

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:23 pm
If you like stuff like the DS Zelda games, i suggest Dragonball Origins.

It's like Phantom Hourglass, only harder and longer.
And you do not have to know the anime/manga at all, because the game starts at the beginning of the series.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:38 pm
Allegro
GoG.com has a great stack of adventure games, including The Longest Journey and its sequel, Dreamfall, which you can pick up on Steam. If possible, I'd grab the GoG games (which are digital like steam titles, but you also get them chaper, and with bonus stuff like the soundtrack, manuals, an all that jazz.) You won't find a game for over 10 bucks on GoG.
You're gonna hate me for not enjoying it, or something, but I actually played the demo of The Longest Journey, and I was on a boat, and given little or no direction, and the visuals were very dated(For an old game, probably good), but the scenery was still kinda ugly. I mean, they were on par with... say, Chrono Cross, but the ship was just ugly, and I had no idea what was going on.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:36 pm
If you don't have it already, try "The DIG."

It's an MS-DOS point-click adventure game created by LucasArts that was released in 1995. It's still pretty fun though, at least to me.

I loved that game when I was a kid. Some of the puzzles are challenging, but not unbearable. Mind you, there's going to be some backtracking from time to time if you don't have a clue what's going on. The musical score of the game is to die for.

It's available on Steam.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:48 am
[Kegan]
Allegro
GoG.com has a great stack of adventure games, including The Longest Journey and its sequel, Dreamfall, which you can pick up on Steam. If possible, I'd grab the GoG games (which are digital like steam titles, but you also get them chaper, and with bonus stuff like the soundtrack, manuals, an all that jazz.) You won't find a game for over 10 bucks on GoG.
You're gonna hate me for not enjoying it, or something, but I actually played the demo of The Longest Journey, and I was on a boat, and given little or no direction, and the visuals were very dated(For an old game, probably good), but the scenery was still kinda ugly. I mean, they were on par with... say, Chrono Cross, but the ship was just ugly, and I had no idea what was going on.
No, I played that demo, and it sucked. TLJ is more of a narrative, and what's there makes up for a lot of the graphical drawbacks. But just getting thrown into it is like "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

That said, GoG offers a pretty damn sweet Graphical adventure (Beneath a Steel Sky) for FREE. So pick that one up, at the very least, sift through the catalogue to see what strikes your fancy.

I'll throw in another recommendation for The Dig as well. Steam also has a couple other Lucasarts games, including the Monkey Island series (which I would take a look at if you enjoy absurdist humor in your point and clicks, although it's best in small doses).  

Allegro

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:26 am
Monkey Island. GO!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:24 pm
Is GoG gonna send me a bunch of sponsor emails, because I opted out with EA, and I still get emails from pogo... infact, even when I told pogo to stop, they kept sending them... I mean, seriously, how ******** lame is that?  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:42 pm
[Kegan]
Is GoG gonna send me a bunch of sponsor emails, because I opted out with EA, and I still get emails from pogo... infact, even when I told pogo to stop, they kept sending them... I mean, seriously, how ******** lame is that?
They'r eoptional, but I still like 'em. They E-mail you when discounts are on, and when they get new games (which are usuall awesome.)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:13 pm
MONKEY ISLAND.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:24 pm
Allegro

That said, GoG offers a pretty damn sweet Graphical adventure (Beneath a Steel Sky) for FREE. So pick that one up, at the very least...

I will try this game out.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:00 pm
I tried Under the steel Sky, and I couldn't figure out how to save... no instructions were given.

I had to look it up, but I accidentally closed the game in doing so.

Silly old games.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:17 pm
MONKEY ISLAND. I WON'T SHUT UP UNTIL YOU PLAY IT.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:19 am
MONKEY ISLAND.
xd  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:28 am
MONKEY ISLAND.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items