Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Hey, people can you answer my question? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXxXxDaRkKaRmA13xXxXx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:59 am
xXxMyBlAcKwEePiNgHeArtxXx
The music:
It's basically punk rock, except the lyrics are about emotional things rather than being a rebel. Emo is a kind of rock music which describes several independent types of music with common similar roots. Mid-tempo hardcore punk, pioneered around roughly '85 by the D.C. band Rites of Spring. It's in no relation to the pseudo-emocore/mall punk of today. Google REVOLUTION SUMMER/MID-WEST EMO for more information on the legitimate genre.

The People:
It is a label people give themselves for being apathetic and emotional to an extreme (usually miserable), but wallowing in it and not wanting it to change. They tend to feel they are misunderstood and that life is not fair to them in specific. It is in fashion with some of the group to cut themselves and wear heavy eye make-up. The hair cuts tend to have awkward sharp angles and are often glossed. Many of the guys wear very tight jeans, often women's. The girls tend to lean more towards late 70's to early 80's fashion.

Goth means that you feel inferior and not understood they hear a
lot of hard eged music and wear black some times with peircings

Goth is short for gothic, the gothic culture forms around gothic rock and people just tend to dress dark as what the music is intended to be.

Emo is short for Emo-tional
people who would rather read a book and are more creative rather than to go out partying and socializing

though there are stereotypes saying that they cut i do have several "goth and Emo" friends and they are friendly fun and never a dull moment and and they despise the thought of self harm.

though there are several idiots who are actually sad enough to follow the stereotype because they think its "cool"

personally i cant stand these fangled stereo types, you are who you are you cant catagorize yourself because were all unique not one person is the same.
I am emo myself, but I am different from a lot of others  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:55 pm
ok so basically emo skater_gurl2114 just basically said the exact oppisite of what your views are. i dont think she read the article  

Moths_and_Lace

MeetMeOnTheDarkside

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:59 pm
its kinda a touchy subject with me but i think that goths are just people who have a like for black and would cut but are top afraid of the pain. unless they really have it that bad and they need the pain but are scared of it then they are emo. but emo people arent what people make them out to be. their not eyeliner obsessed, they dont always cry, and they arent always negative. i would say more but i think it would be too long of a post so im sorry and if anyone would like to talk about it or friend me then feel free to. thank you.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:11 pm
In terms of people:
Goths (Real true goths, not your common high school mall goth kid) are free thinkers, artists, and romantics, who are looking at the darker side of things, seeing it as not bad, but just different. Looking at the other side instead of keeping their minds closed to it. A lot of times they seem to be depressed, but it's usually more because Goths tend to be very introverted people, sitting back and observing situations and thinking about them. They tend to keep to themselves and usually prefer to think on some thing, instead of talk with some one about it. That's what it's about more then being depressed.
As for the dress it all stems from the bands that goths enjoy, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Siouxie and the Banshees, etc. The origin of that being in punk rock. If you really look at it, both have a lot of common ground in terms of their ideals, but there are some light differences.

Where as Emo these days at least is about being upset, or for some reason thinking that life isn't good. I do believe back in the 90s when the subculture started up, it was more about embracing emotions in general, and feeling them full on instead of repressing them. So in that aspect it's similar to goth.

If you look at them both though, you can see that they really have nothing to do with each other at all, and both are different subcultures that spawned out of punk at close to the same time. If you think that the two are related it shows that you just don't know much about either one.

And really I feel like Goth is more legitimate then emo is as a subculture because there is actually organization beyond fads and trends, and Goths tend to ostracize people who don't understand the subculture yet claim to be a part of it. If you are a baby bat, who's new to it, and willing to learn that's one thing, but mall goths who claim to be big into the culture will usually be given a verbal beating if they come across a true goth.

It makes me a bit sad that emo has lost most of its original ideals and has been taken over by all the stupid trendy mall s**t that most kids think of as being true emo.  

Onani Master Luna Thoth

Hygienic Humorist

emoboyhinata

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:13 pm
i think it's all different.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:07 pm
One has a p***s, one has a v****a.

One wears all black the other is a wannabe who wants attention and woman. In less it is a girl then she just wants to try to look pretty.

'nuff said.  

Slothapus
Crew

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:45 pm
Luna Thoth

Where as Emo these days at least is about being upset, or for some reason thinking that life isn't good. I do believe back in the 90s when the subculture started up, it was more about embracing emotions in general, and feeling them full on instead of repressing them. So in that aspect it's similar to goth.

If you look at them both though, you can see that they really have nothing to do with each other at all, and both are different subcultures that spawned out of punk at close to the same time. If you think that the two are related it shows that you just don't know much about either one.

And really I feel like Goth is more legitimate then emo is as a subculture because there is actually organization beyond fads and trends, and Goths tend to ostracize people who don't understand the subculture yet claim to be a part of it. If you are a baby bat, who's new to it, and willing to learn that's one thing, but mall goths who claim to be big into the culture will usually be given a verbal beating if they come across a true goth.

It makes me a bit sad that emo has lost most of its original ideals and has been taken over by all the stupid trendy mall s**t that most kids think of as being true emo.

i agree with this post.

at one point emo did have a subculture, it would be silly to deny that because pretty much every genre of music has one, big or not.
but it isn't relevant now, even though there may be people here and there that fit that old emo subculture. because the music transformed and mutated into something different, the culture did too. so i guess there's no use trying to tell these kids they are "wrong" because it is right for what emo is now.

ramble ramble pointless post.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:08 pm
emo- music taste and wear more colors, major depresion and the like longish hair. mostly snakebite percings and are carmra hores

goth-wears mostly black and CAN[sometimes dosent] worship saten, dont cut normaly, little more dangerous,percings everywere

yeahh and exc ;p  

Bunni_Brutality

9,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games