Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe RP Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:53 pm
In rather the same way a magician pulls a tablecloth out from beneath piles of ridiculously fragile objects, so did Ford pull himself out from under the girl. Sighing, he stood up.
"I am Ford Prefect," he said to her. "And you'd better have a stiff drink somewhere on your person."
He paused for a moment, considering something.
"Also, your socks don't match."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:54 pm
Arthur Dent stood up and said, "I'm Atrhur Dent. Who are you?" He knew this was a stupid thing to say, but he didn't care.  

Fearless Trowa

layzy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:47 am
LifeLoveandstuff
Now you can pretend to be your favorit H2G2 character or make up your own while we all watch the end of the world.

Claimed Characters:
Arthur Dent= The Heretic 59548
Ford Prefect= Spike_Theta
Marvin= lifeloveandstuff
Trillian= Periathien

ok ill be zaphod if i may surprised , though i will give up my place if a better role player comes along later.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:22 pm
"I", the girl began after pretending to clear her throat, "am Alyssa. I journeyed here from the planet Earth. Well...not the Earth that you may be familiar with" She said the last bit while looking at Arthur.
"The earth I lived on was not destroyed by Vogons. In my world you (she said pointing at Zaphod, Marvin, Arthur, and Ford) are simply characters in a book."
The girl began to rummage through her oversized backpack before pulling out a well worn paperback novel. The cover of the book read "The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy"  

LifeLoveandstuff

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:45 pm
Ford looked at the book and almost blinked. He recognized paperback books from his time on Earth and knew that such an inefficient medium could never even begin to contain even a fraction of the information of a publication as vast and convoluted with cross-references as the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - not even if all the entries ran along the lines of "Mostly harmless" or "Completely harmless" or "Really very painfully harmful."
"The Guide?" he scoffed. "That primitive thing? You couldn't even fit half the stuff written about Alnilam Three in there!"

{OOC: Erm, did Alyssa intentionally not point at Ford? eek }  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:30 am
Zaphod stood up and quickly fixed his scruffy hair to look like that of an x president of the galaxies should look like, then briefly did the same to his other head which nodded in approval, winked and replied "awesome as always man."

At this moment Zaphod realised the predicament of so many people being in the same room as him and needed no probability drive, especially that of an infinite one to work out there was a fair chance that someone may just work out who he was and thus get him arrested, at that moment though his other head decided to do a bit of thinking too and cleverly reminded his left brain that the whole universe was in fact about to end in a few hours and so his sentence wouldnt be the biggest one. In fact the chances of him even being taken to a prison in time before all things in existence snuffed it was slim to none.

Slim to none was a probability that Zaphod liked and so he happily stood up from the crouching position that he had quickly thought of to hide himself and began to walk towards ford who was still smirking at the book infront of him zaphod looked around and then decided to carry on his short journy across the room waving at an extremely shocked and angry vice president sitting at table 17.

"Hey man!" Exclaimed Zaphod grabbing ford around the shoulder "hows it going!"  

layzy

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:38 am
Zaphod's socks didn't match, but Ford did not bother pointing this out. It would only be stating the obvious. Indicating the young Earth girl, Ford explained the situation to his semi-cousin. "This is Alyssa. She claims we are all fictional characters and for some reason wishes to speak with us."
"And this," he continued the introduction, "is Zaphod. Which should be fairly obvious," he added, rapping on Zaphod's left head and grinning at the hollow sound it produced.
"I don't suppose," he said to Zaphod, "that you happen to have a stiff drink on you?"

{ooc: bleah, my tone's way off whack tonight.}  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:45 pm
Dynam1c
LifeLoveandstuff
Now you can pretend to be your favorit H2G2 character or make up your own while we all watch the end of the world.

Claimed Characters:
Marvin= lifeloveandstuff
Trillian= Periathien

ok ill be zaphod if i may surprised , though i will give up my place if a better role player comes along later.
Perhaps that person is mahself..*holds chin thoughtfully and poses, but fall because some ferrety thing has run underfoot*  

Silvertanuki

Fearless Trowa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:03 am
LifeLoveandstuff
"I", the girl began after pretending to clear her throat, "am Alyssa. I journeyed here from the planet Earth. Well...not the Earth that you may be familiar with" She said the last bit while looking at Arthur.
"The earth I lived on was not destroyed by Vogons. In my world you (she said pointing at Zaphod, Marvin, Arthur, and Ford) are simply characters in a book."
The girl began to rummage through her oversized backpack before pulling out a well worn paperback novel. The cover of the book read "The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Arthur Dent just stared blankly at the wall.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:29 pm
Silvertanuki
Dynam1c
LifeLoveandstuff

Claimed Characters:
Marvin= lifeloveandstuff
Trillian= Periathien

Perhaps that person is mahself..*holds chin thoughtfully and poses, but fall because some ferrety thing has run underfoot*

if ur as good as you say whee ill gladly let a better rp'r take my place whee *gives his place to Silvertanuki*  

layzy

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:23 am
The Heretic 59548

Noticing this, Ford decided to surrender his quest for a stiff drink for the moment out of concern for his friend.
"Arthur? You there?" He waved his hand back and forth in front of Arthur's eyes. "Hallooo? Ear-" Ford stopped himself short of saying 'Earth to Arthur'. He was sober enough, for once, to recognize this as being not at all tactful.
"Tell you what," he continued. "First stiff drink I find, I'll give it to you." Now that's sacrifice, thought Ford. "You look like you need it. And I'll give you my socks, t- Oh. My socks don't match either. Nevermind."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:40 pm
Zphod looked around wildly, sauntered over to the bar, and bought most of it.  

Silvertanuki

Fearless Trowa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:28 pm
Spike_Theta
The Heretic 59548

Noticing this, Ford decided to surrender his quest for a stiff drink for the moment out of concern for his friend.
"Arthur? You there?" He waved his hand back and forth in front of Arthur's eyes. "Hallooo? Ear-" Ford stopped himself short of saying 'Earth to Arthur'. He was sober enough, for once, to recognize this as being not at all tactful.
"Tell you what," he continued. "First stiff drink I find, I'll give it to you." Now that's sacrifice, thought Ford. "You look like you need it. And I'll give you my socks, t- Oh. My socks don't match either. Nevermind."

at this, Arthur looked up at Ford and said, "Okay."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:21 pm
The Heretic 59548
at this, Arthur looked up at Ford and said, "Okay."

"All right." With a final departing clap on Arthur's shoulder in what he judged to be a bracing and reassuring manner, Ford began a new quest: aquiring a stiff drink for his friend.
Tea would be best, of course, but finding an alcoholic beverage would be quicker by about a decade or so.
Silvertanuki
Zphod looked around wildly, sauntered over to the bar, and bought most of it.

Noticing Zaphod's recent aquisition of a great deal of alcohol, Ford made his way into Zaphod's general vicinity.
"Zaphod!" exclaimed Ford. "My oldest, dearest, drinking buddy!" Actually, Ford's oldest drinking buddy was Rqwhshar Mandlebrot of Gwarnion 7, and his dearest drinking buddy was of course Arthur. However, this was a Quest for Alcohol, and thus nescessitated the use of Tactics.
With a broad smile on his face, Ford continued. "How about sharing a bit of the wealth? A bit of the love?"
Giving Zaphod a bit of time to ponder the proposal, Ford motioned to Alyssa. "Hey," he said to her in a friendly manner, "You want a drink too?"  

Yuki-Onna Reed

LifeLoveandstuff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:56 pm
"Uhhh...sure" Alyssa said with a shrug of her shoulders. She was filling a bit depressed because her grand entrance now seemed anti-climatic and not so grand. She was also trying to remember the important message she had traveled so far to relay. Unfortunately it seemed the matter of importance she had been excited had been erased from her brain.

((OOC: Sorry that I've been absent for a couple of days. School and Stuff. Bleh.))  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games