Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Tired of hearing the words "Nothing Can't Create Everything" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dl1371

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:53 pm
Captain_Shinzo
3.) If your beliefs were correct all long, you have permission to gloat. =D

This
but its not like we don't already  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:18 pm
Lethkhar
Pirate Captain Sushi
Lethkhar
dl1371
i would actually like to know how most of you think the world was created. i have an explanation myself, but it is usually accompanied with a long lecture on particle physics

I don't think there's an answer to that question, at least not that we know of. Even science's explanations of "creation" (Big Bang, etc.) don't really mean "creation" in the sense of "nothing into something", or at least it depends on who you talk to.

He said the world, not the universe.
wink whee
Asteroids and commets would be a suitable answer.

Thank you, Noam Chomsky. stare

'Tis but a statement, Frederic Skinner. dramallama

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:27 pm
Pirate Captain Sushi
Lethkhar
Pirate Captain Sushi
Lethkhar
dl1371
i would actually like to know how most of you think the world was created. i have an explanation myself, but it is usually accompanied with a long lecture on particle physics

I don't think there's an answer to that question, at least not that we know of. Even science's explanations of "creation" (Big Bang, etc.) don't really mean "creation" in the sense of "nothing into something", or at least it depends on who you talk to.

He said the world, not the universe.
wink whee
Asteroids and commets would be a suitable answer.

Thank you, Noam Chomsky. stare

'Tis but a statement, Frederic Skinner. dramallama
SKIIIIIIIIINNER!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:02 pm
BlackAngelDust
No to be mean or anything, but why does it matter if we know how the world was created? Even if we did know, I doubt that there would be much use for the information.

Apparently it would be useful information considering that if we had such information it would debunk a huge chunk of religions claiming that they have the one true God that created the universe, thus bringing a lot of people back to reality.  

MiniSiets

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:20 pm
MiniSiets
BlackAngelDust
No to be mean or anything, but why does it matter if we know how the world was created? Even if we did know, I doubt that there would be much use for the information.

Apparently it would be useful information considering that if we had such information it would debunk a huge chunk of religions claiming that they have the one true God that created the universe, thus bringing a lot of people back to reality.

Don't forget the twisted and immoral sides of religion like the torture of children in Africa due to the belief in witches or Scientology.

( Many have died under the workings under Scientology, famous or not. )

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff