Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
The essencials to good web design Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Catani

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:56 am
Bolweevil
Oh, sorry about that thought you meant both at once when you said "and".

More than likely theres a way to do it with just javascript if php isn;t an option, but you would have to ask someone who knew more about javascript than I do.

But if you are really serious about experimenting with this, you can get cheap hosting that supports quite a few options.
well either it's js or php you still heve to write few lines of code to interchange links to css file... neutral

and i think it's not that easy task to create a page like that, cause you'd have to make the base structure page with all content included and only alter it with css files
if you don't have much experience with web pages that's just looking for trouble imho

p.s. i didn't write "and" - koiyuki did asking... xp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:17 pm
Bolweevil
Catani
Bolweevil
I think the java is optional.

You can include the CSS with PHP. The java that phpBB uses on ther forums may help streamline some of the things they do, but I can think of how the process could work without any Javascript at all.
ehh....
i meant either php or javascript if one does not have host with php... sweatdrop

in zen garden it's done using php without javascript...
Oh, sorry about that thought you meant both at once when you said "and".

More than likely theres a way to do it with just javascript if php isn;t an option, but you would have to ask someone who knew more about javascript than I do.

But if you are really serious about experimenting with this, you can get cheap hosting that supports quite a few options.

I am quite serious, and hope to learn as much as possible about the process. Where could I start learning CCS and PHP and such?  

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Catani

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:26 pm
Koiyuki
I am quite serious, and hope to learn as much as possible about the process. Where could I start learning CCS and PHP and such?
ok if you know html/xhtml fairly well you can look at w3schools.com - i think php is there too  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:33 am
Catani
Koiyuki
ok if you know html/xhtml fairly well you can look at w3schools.com - i think php is there too

I'll be sure to check that out...when my computer starts working properly. *has a worm that resets the comp everytime I save as a JPEG or PNG in Photoshop. stressed *

Is it hard to learn and do, for those that have experience with this?  

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers