Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aw Heck, it's a Pokemon!

Back to Guilds

A friendly easy-going pokemon guild, with news, strategies, and more! 

Tags: Pokemon, Nintendo DS, Nintendo, Heart Gold, Soul Silver 

Reply Mainlands
Shinies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rekka Atsuma

Girl-Crazy Pyromaniac

8,300 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:28 am
even still, shiny pokemon do have drawbacks now, as they are so rare, a good useable one is even rarer with the fact that the nature and EV/IV conditions may be bad

or rather, you could get a shiny wild abra, but it'd be adamant with 0 IV SPatk, sure it's rare, but is it worth it?

my simple point is perhaps it was better you lsot him, cause this way you could still make the team and have better chances of making it a good team  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:11 pm
I totaly think your right because when i got her the slowking and raised it to level 47 it had already 155 sp. atk and when i went on serebii i found out that was pretty amazing for its level

Then again i would have no idea what that slowpokes stats nor nature would be if i had only caught it Dx  

Cerina-lynn

Distinct Gaian

3,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50

Rekka Atsuma

Girl-Crazy Pyromaniac

8,300 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Cerina Uchiha
I totaly think your right because when i got her the slowking and raised it to level 47 it had already 155 sp. atk and when i went on serebii i found out that was pretty amazing for its level

Then again i would have no idea what that slowpokes stats nor nature would be if i had only caught it Dx

yes, thats true, it may have been an almighty one, but still you've safer chances with a non-shiny, thats my point, thoguh it's not really a big deal lol shineis are only so popular because they are different color, thats why i myself like digimon and spectrobes, because in digimon, altered colos are different names or modes and in psectrobes the same spectrobe is foten available in two or three colors, but only a select few recolored ones(namely on the wii) are rare  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:31 pm
So wait Shinies are weaker than regular ones? Oh man I think I been wasting vitamins then? I was trying to make Gravler the fastest one ever as well have some good special def. sweatdrop So much money wasted.....

Oh well.  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Dr WickedOreo

Codebreaking Genius

10,575 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:31 am
Once on pokemon saphire, I found a shiny electrike (blue) and evolved it into a magnetric (black). Unfortunately, I erased the game. I was young, so I didn't know. cry  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:16 am
Lol my first legit shiny out of my 8 years playing pokemon is Shinx, Wich i found just 3 weeks ago on pokemon platinum....

Wait does the Red gyardos count from Crystal? xD  

OneBadAssMofo

NDG Silver

Tricky Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:56 am
OneBadAssMofo
Lol my first legit shiny out of my 8 years playing pokemon is Shinx, Wich i found just 3 weeks ago on pokemon platinum....

Wait does the Red gyardos count from Crystal? xD

Well, that one is a storyline shiny, so I wouldn't really count it.
>.>

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:28 pm
dklepto
I have three total shinies: A golden Oddish in Pokemon Gold and a green Wingull and brown Graveler in Pokemon Pearl. I've never used them much because I was paranoid that they'd change color when the evolved. *L* I know they won't, but still...

In a somewhat related note, has anyone ever had the Pokerus? You know, the "virus" that makes your pokemon stronger? I've played hundreds of hours in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but I've never gotten it.

I was playing emerald, in victory road, i didn't have a pokemon with flash, so i thought, " can golbat learn flash? " so I saw a golbat, caught it but it couldn't learn it.. so, I looked at it's stats to see if it was good. i saw a purple bar that said "pkrs" I thout it was poison, but it didn't get hurt in battle. when i relized it was pokerus, I screamed so loud the people across the street could hear me! (the chanses of seeing a pokemon with pokerus AND cathing it is sooo low, you have a higher chance of, the first time you see Arceus, it's shiny, throwing 1 POKE BALL at it with full hp, and cathing it! this is carring on too long so I'll say bye.  

cyndaquilrules123

Ebil Lemonz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:24 am
I found a Shiny Grimer in SS and caught it, i almost spazzed out. It was real tricky cause it was in te Safari Zone. Once in Fire Red i came across a Shiny pidgey, but i had no poke balls, i almost cried XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:04 am
Miss-dark8607
So wait Shinies are weaker than regular ones? Oh man I think I been wasting vitamins then? I was trying to make Gravler the fastest one ever as well have some good special def. sweatdrop So much money wasted.....

Oh well.

not entirely, take this for example:
Shiny Scyther, relaxed
Shiny Scizor Modest
---both are bad
scizor relies heavily on it's physciall attack and not at all on special attack, but modest power SPA and depowers A
relxaed scyther are as so but Defense and Speed are in question

now:
Modest Shiny Blaziken
---a good pokemon as Blaziken's spatk is his highest stat but his movepool is mixed

now for the real good one:
Mild Shiny Alakazam
---increase SPA but cuts Defense, perfect shiny right there
----this is what i was getting at, you've better chances of a useable non-shiny than a useable shiny  

Rekka Atsuma

Girl-Crazy Pyromaniac

8,300 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100

Rekka Atsuma

Girl-Crazy Pyromaniac

8,300 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:22 am
cyndaquilrules123
dklepto
I have three total shinies: A golden Oddish in Pokemon Gold and a green Wingull and brown Graveler in Pokemon Pearl. I've never used them much because I was paranoid that they'd change color when the evolved. *L* I know they won't, but still...

In a somewhat related note, has anyone ever had the Pokerus? You know, the "virus" that makes your pokemon stronger? I've played hundreds of hours in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but I've never gotten it.

I was playing emerald, in victory road, i didn't have a pokemon with flash, so i thought, " can golbat learn flash? " so I saw a golbat, caught it but it couldn't learn it.. so, I looked at it's stats to see if it was good. i saw a purple bar that said "pkrs" I thout it was poison, but it didn't get hurt in battle. when i relized it was pokerus, I screamed so loud the people across the street could hear me! (the chanses of seeing a pokemon with pokerus AND cathing it is sooo low, you have a higher chance of, the first time you see Arceus, it's shiny, throwing 1 POKE BALL at it with full hp, and cathing it! this is carring on too long so I'll say bye.

actually, its much more simple: the chances of getting a shiny pokemon are higher of getting a pokemon with pokerus,
catching is not factored in

unless of course someone went through the trouble to mathematically evaluate it all, i dont see how finding shiny arceus first time and catching it are relavent to the shiny being more common then PKRS

also it's worth noting: steel and poisons cant be poisoned at all  
Mainlands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces