Submit

Which of the two?
  God Child
  Before God Child
View Results

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:50 pm
Cain_Hargreaves
I prefer the Godchild series both in art and storyline--not because of Cain, but because of (dun dun dun). . Riff. Riff is in Godchild so much more than he was in the other half of the series, and has a much more involved role.

Plus, Kaori Yuki seems to have a better grip on the relationships between the characters and knows where she's going with them. I loved the way she brought together all sorts of little things in the end that one could have easily passed over as having nothing to do with anything.

OMG, I haven't seen you in a while! cool

I agree with what you were saying. And I agree for the same reasons, because of Riff.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:16 pm
i like the godchild art better....but i'm not saying i don't like the count cain style either.  

Innuendos In Tea

2,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

black rabbit37

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:41 pm
Yes, I noticed that too. Everyone looks so different in Count Cain and Godchild, and Cain is, I dunno, more blunt? But perhaps it is because he was a little younger in Count Cain than in Godchild...people do age, ya know rofl sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:48 pm
I prefer the Godchild art.
It was the one I first saw,
and thus was the first I fell in love with.
I migh even go as far to say that I dislike the Count Cain art in the first 2 volumes.
I didn't really notice a change in Cain's personality...
but more in Merry Weathers.
In Count Cain,
she was more childlike.
And in Godchild,
she's cold and detached and doll-like.
And comes alive only in certain times.
Sorta?
User Image  

.Green.Tea.Pocky.

alicelights

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:16 am
First off, The Cain saga is my favorite of Kaori Yuki's works. I read it though from Count Cain to Godchild not the other way round like most.

I love lots of aspects from both Count Cain and Godchild. For me, Cain's personality change was not very important. The cutting of the slice-of-life factors was.

In God Child I got a little annoyed when everything went back to Alexis. It being all about this creepy underground network. It was nice IN CC where threre were murders that came...driven from cruel dark human nature. Not just from one sadists hatred for his son. It got more than just a bit silly sometimes.

I didn't like the artwork of the first volume - the ones after that were better than that.

In a nutshell, I think Godchild has the artwork and Count Cain has the story.

General complaint - not enough Oscar in Godchild... T.T

momo_chan4
Yes, I noticed that too. Everyone looks so different in Count Cain and Godchild, and Cain is, I dunno, more blunt? But perhaps it is because he was a little younger in Count Cain than in Godchild...people do age, ya know rofl sweatdrop

So one would think, but I think Cain stays 17 thoughout.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:36 pm
alicelights
First off, The Cain saga is my favorite of Kaori Yuki's works. I read it though from Count Cain to Godchild not the other way round like most.

I love lots of aspects from both Count Cain and Godchild. For me, Cain's personality change was not very important. The cutting of the slice-of-life factors was.

In God Child I got a little annoyed when everything went back to Alexis. It being all about this creepy underground network. It was nice IN CC where threre were murders that came...driven from cruel dark human nature. Not just from one sadists hatred for his son. It got more than just a bit silly sometimes.

I didn't like the artwork of the first volume - the ones after that were better than that.

In a nutshell, I think Godchild has the artwork and Count Cain has the story.

momo_chan4

So one would think, but I think Cain stays 17 thoughout.

[Major uber spoilers]
Yeah...the ending to God Child was a bit abrupt, and I guess its kinda silly that one man could be responsible for everything, but its not just him and his hatred for his son.
Its not even his hatred for his son...cause...he doesn't hate his son ^_^;; At all.

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

dieux

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:14 am
alicelights

Here here. Whoorah rof that one.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:40 am
dieux
alicelights

I'll agree with this, too. Though he did have quite a big appearance in The Mortician's Daughter and Yuda no Seppun.  

Cain_Hargreaves

dieux

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:25 am
dieux
alicelights

rof? rofl I meant for! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:45 pm
for some reason i like both  

TimeSquareLovers

6,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

364 Unbirthdays

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:33 am
I prefer the style in Godchild.
And his personality seemed so much more open and less clever in Count Cain.
He also looked older and less attractive in the earlier volumes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:21 am
Kitty-chan~17
I prefer the style in Godchild.
And his personality seemed so much more open and less clever in Count Cain.
He also looked older and less attractive in the earlier volumes.

I always tend to side what came first, so that could be a reason I like the pre-godchild things.

But on the contrary, I somewhat found his god-child appearance to lack... elegange? Something. I'm not quite sure.  

dieux

black rabbit37

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:18 am
I don't know about lacking elegance, but maybe the same simplicity?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:32 pm
kaori yuki improved upon god child in the begining of count cain it looked almost like devil inside 0~0' quite shocking really....wasnt expecting it to change so abruptly lol but hey thats great that it got so much better but you can actually see it changeing as it goes along XD  

Yuuasa

AnubusRa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:02 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
I prefer after God Child. Since artwork is a really important factor for me, it's makes sense for me to pick God Child. I also find that God Child has more of a plot, in a way. That's when he was determined to find his father and learn about Deliah (I think it's called, it's been a while since I've reread it).

I also didn't really like Cain's personality too much in Count Cain...

Cain's personality in Count Cain is great but the drawings make him look too old  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff