Submit

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:28 am
Zynga Games (the company responsible for such time sinks like Mafia Wars and YoVille) is running donation campaigns on a few of their games. I donated by buying two Haitian Drums in Mafia Wars. One was from an earlier drive during Christmas, so only 25% of the value of that one went to Haiti, but the new drum from the earthquake campaign sends 100% of its value to Haiti.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:57 am
It makes me really happy to see the world come together like this to help Haiti. Makes me kinda sad at the same time though, since there are always people in need and this is the first time I've seen something like this happen.  

Cabron the Swan

Owwin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:00 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
It makes me really happy to see the world come together like this to help Haiti. Makes me kinda sad at the same time though, since this sort of global effort doesn't happen all the time.
Don't be happy. There are douchebags trying to bank off of this as we speak. Scammers and the like. There are lynch mobs and riots in Haiti, and a guy from around where I live got shot there trying to help people. No, people are pretty much bad. Don't let them fool you. We gotta be good to make up for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:52 pm
I'd rather donate to AIDS research.

Haiti is a temporary problems, AIDS is ongoing, and even more deadly.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:55 pm
Kuzodav

You will die from AIDS in 3-5 years. You will die from starvation in 30 days. If you're trapped under the rubble, you will die from lack of oxygen in ten minutes.

Besides, Elton John has a good 10 years left of performance on him, and he's been working for free to fund AIDS research since the 90s.

@Owwin: There is no good and bad. Almost everyone feels completely justified in their actions and sees themselves as the good guy. WE could be the bad guys. OMG ********>  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:02 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
There is no good and bad. Almost everyone feels completely justified in their actions and sees themselves as the good guy. WE could be the bad guys. OMG ******** class="clear">
No, that's bull. Scammers know what they are doing is wrong. They just lie to themselves until they get caught. Some situations there is grey, but that is pretty black and white. I justify things I know is wrong, but that doesn't make it right.  

Owwin

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:06 pm
Owwin
Lady Psycho Sexy
There is no good and bad. Almost everyone feels completely justified in their actions and sees themselves as the good guy. WE could be the bad guys. OMG ******** class="clear">
No, that's bull. Scammers know what they are doing is wrong. They just lie to themselves until they get caught. Some situations there is grey, but that is pretty black and white.

That's true. It's really sad though. ._.'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:10 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
That's true. It's really sad though. ._.'
Yeah. Makes you wish that the people looting and rioting and suffering had a better scapegoat than each other to take all their frustration out on. When we catch scammers we should ship them and all the money they stole directly to the people. Give them some relief and a deserving target. The U.S. justice system won't get you results like that.  

Owwin

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:11 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
Kuzodav

You will die from AIDS in 3-5 years. You will die from starvation in 30 days. If you're trapped under the rubble, you will die from lack of oxygen in ten minutes.

Besides, Elton John has a good 10 years left of performance on him, and he's been working for free to fund AIDS research since the 90s.

With AIDS you'll watch not only your health, but your life decline. You deal with prejudice, medical bills, work, your family life goes down, as well.
You become a burden on those around you as you lose the ability to care for yourself, as you die a slow and painful death.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:13 pm
Kuzodav
Lady Psycho Sexy
Kuzodav

With AIDS you'll watch not only your health, but your life decline. You deal with prejudice, medical bills, work, your family life goes down, as well.
You become a burden on those around you as you lose the ability to care for yourself, as you die a slow and painful death.
It's the same with MS. Why AIDS research and not MS research?

It's not about who needs it most, it's about who needs it now.

Cabron the Swan

Owwin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:17 pm
Poverty isn't a temporary problem either. AIDS is serious, but it is usually a result of poor education in an area, which is a result of poverty. We fix poverty and AIDS is sure to disappear too. It'll take time, but ******** what doesn't right?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:19 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
Kuzodav
Lady Psycho Sexy
Kuzodav

Because I'd rather give to AIDS than MS.  

Kuzodav

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:22 pm
Kuzodav
Lady Psycho Sexy
Kuzodav
Lady Psycho Sexy
Kuzodav

You do that, and I'll give to Haiti.

FOR EACH OF YOU ******** THAT DOESN'T DONATE

I'M GOING TO DONATE THREE TIMES

No I'm not because my dad would be sooooo mad when he got the cellphone bill. But I ought to. ********>  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:27 pm
Kuzodav
Lady Psycho Sexy
Kuzodav
Lady Psycho Sexy
Kuzodav

Do you have to only donate to one? :/

It's not like there's a law saying you can only support one cause ever.  

Allegro

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:34 pm
Allegro
Kuzodav
Lady Psycho Sexy
Kuzodav
Lady Psycho Sexy
Kuzodav

Do you have to only donate to one? :/

It's not like there's a law saying you can only support one cause ever.

There's not.
Regardless, this isn't the thread to have an argument in.
Anyway, I'm not donating, either way.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces