Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Jesus makes you aim better (esp shooting rag heads) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

omninulla

Anxious Phantom

20,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:16 pm
DancesWithBats
As for the "it gives the wrong impression" argument, I didn't realize we were the thought police?
We can't control what our troops call their weapons, and we can't control what people think.

no we are not "the thought police" but, we are trying to get out of the middle east; and the only way we can get out of the middle east is if we get their government functioning properly; and the only way that will happen is if we get them to cooperate with us; and that will be rather difficult to do if they think that we're trying to start a holy war with them.
this war was, its self, started with a group of people who got to thinking the wrong things because of Americas inability or unwillingness to straighten out misconceptions. if we aren't careful to be culturally sensitive we will, in the least, be set back. considering how difficult this task will be without setbacks i think it would be wise to be as cautious and diplomatic as possible with this topic.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:14 pm
THIS IS LACK OF SECULARISM! I CALL FOUL PLAY!  

dl1371

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:47 am
DancesWithBats
The price of production isn't raised by the serial numbers, because it isn't personalized, it's randomized. As it stands it's an excellent sight that is cheap to make and inexpensive to buy.

The fact is that someone at that company spent time and money to create a specialized system to make special serial numbers that fit biblical references, rather than just using a random number/letter system that no doubt already existed. This costs more money. I don't see how it couldn't.

Maybe it's inexpensive now, but it should be more inexpensive. This company the government was dealing with was wasteful with its resources. That's a problem.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff