Reply Social Room
Suicide, Thoughts. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:37 pm
That is bullshit. Committing suicide is not okay because life is "pointless" life is a great universal experiment, and ending it prematurely is bullshit. Just because people think their lives are pointless doesn't give them the right to decide that everybody else's are pointless too.

My father committed suicide and it ******** ruined me. He didn't do it because he thought it was "Okay". He did it out of mental sickness. His brain was damaged, and it looked for self destruction. Anybody who just kills themselves because they decide to is even more defective. Suicide isn't some brave way to cheat destiny. It is forcing the future you want onto people who know you because they are forced to live without you. That entire snippet about destiny is just ******** ignorant. You wanna change destiny, you ******** get up and you make changes. If this was some attempt to "be a d**k" it ******** worked. This hurt me bad, and I am not happy.

There are too many unknowns to say that life is pointless.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:06 pm
Not knowing what the point is doesn't make something pointless.

I always thought that it was more selfish of the people to stop a person from committing suicide. If a person is driven to that point they (generally) have no will to live and have a strong will to die, so who are you to stand in their way?  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:22 pm
Meta_Fish

I always thought that it was more selfish of the people to stop a person from committing suicide. If a person is driven to that point they (generally) have no will to live and have a strong will to die, so who are you to stand in their way?
'Right to die' only applies to people in actual physical suffering, most often from incurable things. Less than 50% of the people who contemplate and openly discuss suicidal thoughts actually want to die. Lots of people who say they want to commit suicide or make halfhearted attempts want to be stopped. Think about it: if a person were driven to a point where they genuinely had no will to live and wished they were dead, the last thing they would do is tell somebody who cares about them enough to try to stop them, or stop to argue with someone trying to stop them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Owwin
If this was some attempt to "be a d**k" it ******** worked. This hurt me bad, and I am not happy.

Sorry, this wasn't meant to be a d**k move or hurt you, and I apologize for doing so.
I'm just trying to get my thoughts out and figure out life and such.
I'm not aiming to kill myself, I'm just wondering about the point of it all.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:38 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
Meta_Fish

'Right to die' only applies to people in actual physical suffering, most often from incurable things. Less than 50% of the people who contemplate and openly discuss suicidal thoughts actually want to die. Lots of people who say they want to commit suicide or make halfhearted attempts want to be stopped. Think about it: if a person were driven to a point where they genuinely had no will to live and wished they were dead, the last thing they would do is tell somebody who cares about them enough to try to stop them, or stop to argue with someone trying to stop them.
The main problem is that we can't tell if people really do just want to die or just want attention. They can't even decide which of the two they are. But I think if I were going to do off myself I would want to at least talk to my loved ones one last time, to at least say my final farewells. Maybe a small part of me would want them to stop me, but it is impossible to say so the point is somewhat moot. I guess it's like when a relative dies, and a part of you just thinks of all of the unfinished business between the two of you. If it's your choice to die (or you know that your number is up) you can say all of the things you wanted to say. I guess this would be the point of suicide notes. -shrug- I'm not an expert.

Edit: Kuzo: I don't think we'll ever see the "point" of life in the overall scheme of things. Different people will tell you different things. Life is what you make it; you find your own point, etc, but in my opinion if you decide to press "power," it's your decision. You are the master of your own destiny or something like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:41 pm
Meta_Fish
Lady Psycho Sexy
Meta_Fish

The main problem is that we can't tell if people really do just want to die or just want attention. They can't even decide which of the two they are. But I think if I were going to do off myself I would want to at least talk to my loved ones one last time, to at least say my final farewells. Maybe a small part of me would want them to stop me, but it is impossible to say so the point is somewhat moot. I guess it's like when a relative dies, and a part of you just thinks of all of the unfinished business between the two of you. If it's your choice to die (or you know that your number is up) you can say all of the things you wanted to say. I guess this would be the point of suicide notes. -shrug- I'm not an expert.
Very seldom do people actually leave suicide notes. I think it's in about 10% of all suicides that there is one, maybe even less.  

Orphie

Montiqueue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:46 pm
All I know is that if you're really serious on committing suicide and not just doing it for attention, that they wouldn't tell a single soul about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:46 pm
Orphie
Meta_Fish
Lady Psycho Sexy
Meta_Fish

Very seldom do people actually leave suicide notes. I think it's in about 10% of all suicides that there is one, maybe even less.
It's not too common.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:30 pm
Meta_Fish
YOU DO GET IT! *Anti-gonk-face*

Meta_Fish
Wait, false alarm.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:07 am
Meta_Fish
Orphie
Meta_Fish
Lady Psycho Sexy
Meta_Fish

It's not too common.
User Image
It's not common on paper anymore, but with time cave email services you can send a suicide note to everyone you want to and they will receive it after you die; this is the most common form of suicide note nowadays because it can be cancelled if you survive or chicken out and nobody will find it prematurely. I think there's even a time cave program for posting them as notes on Facebook, though that's just tacky, imo.

I would think if you had the resolve, you wouldn't want to waste it by seeing everyone you'd want to live for one last time; that kind of behavior would come across to me as looking for a reason to live. I don't know. I think if I wanted to kill myself I'd treat it like anything I was afraid of: just do it. The bigger the spiel you make about it and the longer you contemplate it, the more likely you are to lose your resolve.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:12 am
[Kegan]
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVAAAAAAAAAAAH~!?
inb4 really bad twilight quotes  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:14 am
GrowingDandelion
[Kegan]
User Image
Or, you know, more Queen lyrics.

TOUCH MY TEEEEARSSSS

WITH YOUR LIIIIIIPS

TOUCH MY WOAH-WOEEEEE

WITH YOUR FINGERTIIIIIPS

User Image

Cabron the Swan

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:21 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
GrowingDandelion
[Kegan]
User Image

TOUCH MY TEEEEARSSSS

WITH YOUR LIIIIIIPS

TOUCH MY WOAH-WOEEEEE

WITH YOUR FINGERTIIIIIPS

User Image
SPARE HIM THIS LIFE FROM THIS MONSTROSITY!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:28 am
GrowingDandelion
Lady Psycho Sexy
GrowingDandelion
[Kegan]
User Image

TOUCH MY TEEEEARSSSS

WITH YOUR LIIIIIIPS

TOUCH MY WOAH-WOEEEEE

WITH YOUR FINGERTIIIIIPS

User Image
User Image
Wrong song. xd

User Image

Cabron the Swan

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:36 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
GrowingDandelion
Lady Psycho Sexy
GrowingDandelion
[Kegan]
User Image

TOUCH MY TEEEEARSSSS

WITH YOUR LIIIIIIPS

TOUCH MY WOAH-WOEEEEE

WITH YOUR FINGERTIIIIIPS

User Image
User Image
Wrong song. xd

User Image
I'm aware of that. I sadly couldn't tell what song it was, so I changed it into a medley, or something.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff