Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Old Contests and Specials
Valentine Avatar Contest!! ~WINNERS!~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pick your favorite Valentine!
  One
  Two
  Three
  Four
View Results

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:34 pm
Okay now I know I'm behind...who the heck is Cyrano the Warrior?

By the way Monster I think your Valentine avi is just fine it takes all kinds right? ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:22 pm
Lol, sorry, literary license. For some reason, the outfit reminded me of Cyrano de Bergerac, the main character in a play by the same name.

Cyrano falls in love with a woman named Roxane, but she loves Christian. Christian doesn't know how to woo a woman (yes, I said woo), so he asks Cyrano for help. Cyrano writes letters and tells him what to say, and he wins the maiden's hand. They are married right before he leaves to fight in a war. For some reason, Cyrano continues to write letters for Christian to send to his bride. She sneaks across enemy lines to see her husband and tells him that the letters have made her love him FOR HIS SOUL. In case you didn't catch that, that means that she loves the man behind the letters, which isn't her husband. Christian tells Cyrano that they should tell Roxane the truth, but Christian is killed in battle, and Cyrano decides to let Roxane keep her illusion of her romantic dead husband. Fifteen years later, Roxane is living in a convent (why is it always a convent?), and Cyrano visits her regularly with news of the outside world. On this last visit, he is mortally wounded (by something stupid, don't ask) and asks to read Christian's "farewell letter" to her, which he had written himself for the man fifteen years ago. As he reads it out loud, Roxane realizes that he was the man who had written all those letters and declares her love for him right before he dies. The end.

The play was supposedly based on the real man named Cyrano de Bergerac, but it was really nothing like his real life, so it's not worth telling you about him.

Anyway, the outfit just reminded me of the court-style costumes from the play, sort of a cross between Romeo and Juliet and Don Quixote. But it had a dash of warrior thrown in, so that's why I said "Cyrano the Warrior." xd

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm
Ohhh wait is this that one where the dude has a seriously long nose and from behind a tree tells the man what to say to the woman that's in a balcony? Or something like that is a scene in it somewhere??

If so then I know what you're talking about but man has it been a long time since I've seen that. If not...Oops. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:20 pm
That's it! surprised  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Jeez. I remember reading the screenplay for that in French. I was so confused. (Mainly because a few of the words I didn't understand ... and a few others I was confusing for one another) I finally saw the movie with Gerard Depardieu and got what was going on. rofl rofl ....None the less, it is a cute story in the end. ♥

User Image
{eclectic princess; rinioa}

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:06 pm
good luck  

Sweetkitty

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:23 pm
Good luck everyone!

(*whisers* Psst...Purple...thanks for doing up the voting and all that.)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:16 pm
whee No Problem!  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Sweetkitty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:26 am
Thank you

and congrats to winners  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:43 pm
Congrats, Jealous and Kitty! heart  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:18 pm
Congrats to all those who entered! And congrats to our winners! Hope to see you next time!!  
Old Contests and Specials

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff