Totally Not Sonic Related Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonic?!
  <3
  He broke my heart. D=
  I'm not a fan... (******** THAT ******** HEDGEHOG!)
View Results

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:21 pm
User Image
This is either going to be Sonic's saving grace or the nail in its coffin. I'm thinking the latter, but you never know.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:19 pm
Quote:
All the Sonic favorites [are] here for sure! Spin dash, power sneakers, etc. But you will also see the homing attack added

This made me nervous and excited at the same time.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:50 pm
So calling it Sonic 4 makes it better somehow? Do you remember when they named a game "Sonic the Hedgehog" in 2006, claiming Sonic was "going back to his roots" and it was going to be totally awesome? I'm not holding my breath. I'm naysaying this.

This project has been hyped for months now. Nearly six, to be true, and it's a downloadable game. Six months of teasing and we finally get to see gameplay footage of which we get mere seconds and it looks pretty underwhelming. The animations aren't very fluid or good looking in any department, really. I'm expecting a bit more from "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 4."

Releasing it in episodes is interesting, at least.

Mephisto D
Wait....so Sega actually is doing something I've been asking for?!

Nice.
Sonic Rush?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:27 pm
Meta_Fish
User Image
Releasing it in episodes was probably my biggest turn-off. I don't understand the appeal of paying multiple times for a single storyline, especially when 2D Sonic games seldom put much into a storyline at all.

(Before 3/S&K, that is, and even then all they really did was add Knuckles the c**t.)
User Image

Cabron the Swan

Hashire Kazemeijin

Distinct Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:45 pm
Am I the only one who likes the 3-D Sonic games more than the 2-Ds? I really could never enjoy any of the 2Ds except for Sonic 2 because I could hide Sonic and control Tails and kill all the bosses with no worries.

But I loved SA2 and enjoyed Secret Rings.

Still wanna try Unleased because I don't believe all the crap it gets since it's been the same as with all his 3D games.

And I'm sure yu're all gonna flame now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:19 pm
I've never really tried the new sonic games lately. Last ones I've tried where the gba and ds versions. I will make myself try the bigger console ones soon...and see if the general public where just being loud mouth a**l beads like half the internet population is when it comes to hyping or bad mouthing a game.  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Evamortte

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:20 pm
Dammit, now I feel like playing Sonic Rush.
In fact I think I will. DS... AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:54 pm
Hashire Kazemeijin
Am I the only one who likes the 3-D Sonic games more than the 2-Ds? I really could never enjoy any of the 2Ds except for Sonic 2 because I could hide Sonic and control Tails and kill all the bosses with no worries.

But I loved SA2 and enjoyed Secret Rings.

Still wanna try Unleased because I don't believe all the crap it gets since it's been the same as with all his 3D games.

And I'm sure yu're all gonna flame now.
Well the Wii version is less irritating when playing with the classic or GCN controller.  

MaverickDrifter

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:57 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
Meta_Fish
User Image
Releasing it in episodes was probably my biggest turn-off. I don't understand the appeal of paying multiple times for a single storyline, especially when 2D Sonic games seldom put much into a storyline at all.

(Before 3/S&K, that is, and even then all they really did was add Knuckles the c**t.)
User Image

You pay for story-lines? I pay for games.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 pm
I don't really like Sawnic, but I'd be more tempted to buy this then any of the other recent Sonic games.  

Orphie

Owwin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:48 pm
I don't see why everybody thinks that going 2d is gonna solve all the problems, or making sonic the only playable character, just like I don't see how adding more speed was supped to help. There were good 3D games as well as 2D. Even though this is 2D, it could be terrible. Also playing as robotnik and E102 was fun as hell.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:03 pm
I don't get why people are being so negative. To me it looks like they're going in the right direction. The gameplay they showed looked like Sonic Rush which is a great game. ******** yeah I wanna play that in HD!  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Mephisto D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:30 pm
Meta_Fish

Mephisto D
Wait....so Sega actually is doing something I've been asking for?!

Nice.
Sonic Rush?

Nah, I've been asking for a downloadable game in the same light as Bionic Commando Rearmed or Mega Man 9 for the Sonic series and that they should call it Sonic 4.

If they plan to go back to a somewhat return to Sonic's traditional routes with that Genesis charm, I'd be pretty content.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:54 pm
Dino Pakkun
Lady Psycho Sexy
Meta_Fish
User Image

User Image

You pay for story-lines? I pay for games.
User Image
wow ak that post was so relevant and on-topic

Anyway I pay once for games, and I usually expect a game I have paid for to contain the entire storyline. That might be a little far-fetched in the age of DLC, but, y'know, it was reasonable enough last gen. This 'episodic' thing just screams money-grab to me.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Owwin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:58 pm
Dino Pakkun
I don't get why people are being so negative. To me it looks like they're going in the right direction. The gameplay they showed looked like Sonic Rush which is a great game. ******** yeah I wanna play that in HD!
Sorry, I just wanna be cautious.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces