Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Where to start? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:23 am
I must say for the mirror scrying I am a genius at razz

Well more crystal gaze against a dark service with two pillar candles...>> I figure it is the same for a dark mirror XD

Anyway though the point of this post: Keep the mirror covered, because things can and will get through if you are not careful. I have had too much experience with things coming through mirrors and messing with me.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:59 am
Yes, definitely keep it covered!  

Underworld Priestess

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:25 pm
Yes, I've read about the picture frame and black paint thing (Except it was a convex clock face, turned around and the outside painted.)

I could give that a go. I have some black enamel paint laying around, i think. If not, i could get some black enamel paint pretty easily.

I had limited success with Scrying before (I used a snowglobe with a wizard in the center as a Palantir (The kind of badass wizard you'd expect to see on the side of a large black van), but It wasn't as successful as I had hoped)

Yes, I know that you are supposed to keep your scrying surface covered (especially Palantir's, which are not even supposed to see sunlight, as well as them being used as "portals" for entities), I've read that you are supposed to cover them with black velvet (to imitate night), any truth to this?

Just asking general questions now.

For sigilization, is there any process you prefer? There's a lot of different ways to fire off Sigils, after all.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:33 pm
-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-
Yes, I've read about the picture frame and black paint thing (Except it was a convex clock face, turned around and the outside painted.)

I could give that a go. I have some black enamel paint laying around, i think. If not, i could get some black enamel paint pretty easily.

I had limited success with Scrying before (I used a snowglobe with a wizard in the center as a Palantir (The kind of badass wizard you'd expect to see on the side of a large black van), but It wasn't as successful as I had hoped)

Yes, I know that you are supposed to keep your scrying surface covered (especially Palantir's, which are not even supposed to see sunlight, as well as them being used as "portals" for entities), I've read that you are supposed to cover them with black velvet (to imitate night), any truth to this?

Just asking general questions now.

For sigilization, is there any process you prefer? There's a lot of different ways to fire off Sigils, after all.

I personally like removing all the repeated letters and just keep simplifying it and making it all artsy until I can't remember what the hell it is for XD  

Cunning Witch Angus

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 pm
So keep refining it over the course of a few days, until you forget what it was for?

And then hide it in a box with all of your other sigils, pick one at random, and fire it?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:02 pm
-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-
So keep refining it over the course of a few days, until you forget what it was for?

And then hide it in a box with all of your other sigils, pick one at random, and fire it?

No, I usually get into a trance and by that time it is so driven into my subconscious that my conscious mind forgets what the hell it is for.

I fire it off at that point usually via masturbation.  

Cunning Witch Angus

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:21 pm
Oh, I see. That seems fairly simple, too. And a lot less random in effect than the box method.

I've heard of it being done both ways.

I'll probably use the box method for general things, and then the other one for more urgent or specific effects.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:34 am
If you are starting in any form of magic I cannot stress this warning enough. Cleanse the area where your going to do your spell work, and remember to keep the seals and incantations whole.

The slightest spell can have major ramifications if even one thing is misspelled or mispronounced.

Be careful of Chaos magic and Blood magic.

Find a Wicca Owls pendant, that should also aid in spellcraft.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Musubi P.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am
Well I would advice to start with meditation and/ or self psychotherapy. Why? Well if you would read some of the writings of Christopher Hyatt or Israel Regardie, you would naturally understand that they recommend, that you first allow your mind to be cleared of hate and complexes, before engaging in any occult practice? Why? Because those things will interfere with your work and might bring undesirable results.

Here's an easy to practice, scientifically proven therapy recommended (and practiced) by Isreal Regardie, hyatt and other occult practitioners.
http://reichiantherapy.net/

Reich along with Jung is one of the most popular psychologists in the occult circle.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:59 am
-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-
Alright, cool.

I'll work on obtaining these books sooner rather than later, and I'll go back over my Sigil books for a quick refresher. I think I'll keep this thread around to keep track of my progress for all of you to read if you want. I don't mind if it's moved to another subforum, though.

Oh, before I forget, any other books you would recommend?

Especially books with lots of tables of correspondences and charts (I love stuff like that xD)?

I'm looking to expand my collection (which is mostly PDF files, sadly. I want paper, dammit! D<)

I have some good books that might help you get started in picking a direction to go. I'm not sure if you've already read these but here it goes.

Modern Magic By D.M. Kraig - Gives a no nonsense approach to deciding what path to take and how to go about it.

The Mystical and Magical System of the AA By James Eshelmen- basically a cheat sheet/cliff notes version of the Blue Equinox that gives a syllabus of study in a well thought out and no nonsense format that gives suggestions of what to read or where to go to find information based on interest of the reader.

A short course in Scrying by Benjamin Rowe

The Essential Skills of Magick By Benjamin Rowe
Practical Sigil Magic by Frater U.D.
Books of Occult Philosophy 1-4 by Robert Turner

This gives a basic starting point before you do any sort of spell work and allows for guidance in your decision making process. If you'd like I have all these books on pdf if you're interested in any of them i'll be glad to provide them to you.

I have pretty much every book you could want with tables, charts, sigils and summons but i think this is a good place to start with you. No sense in handing you a loaded gun without making sure you know how to shoot it. If you have any questions feel free to pm me!

(i have a collection of over 2,000 occult/psychology/fiction pdf files if anyone needs a book thats out of print or just wants to read something)]  

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers