Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Senshi Ages Between Manga and Anime Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:13 pm
If you're gonna get so mad about other people telling you they believe your sources are wrong, why did you make this thread?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:34 pm
The "Meet Sailor___" books are untrustable, they were published in America with Dub information which was severely flawed. The Sailor Moon Resource book is equally untrustable, as it ALSO says the four Shitennou were the kings of the Inners planets. I think we all know that's untrue.

The senshi's ages are:

Inners: 14 at the start, 15 at the end (they're in first year high school in Stars, which is equivalent to Sophomore year.)
Chibi Usa: 5-6 (unclear in most sources, though she's generally depicted in kindergarten or first grade)
Outers: Michiru and Haruka are 15, then 16 at the end. Setsuna is 19-20 (she attends college, I can't recall if her attendance year is stated). Hotaru is an average age of 12, but is Chibi Usa's age in SuperS and Stars Manga, and goes to school with her.

Starlights: 15 (they're in the same grade as the Inners)  

Syndrama

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:00 pm
@Solar

Gomen ne! I didn't mean to sound so mean. I've been stressed because of stuff here and accidently took it out on you.

kyrana kirri
The "Meet Sailor___" books are untrustable, they were published in America with Dub information which was severely flawed. The Sailor Moon Resource book is equally untrustable, as it ALSO says the four Shitennou were the kings of the Inners planets. I think we all know that's untrue.

The senshi's ages are:

Inners: 14 at the start, 15 at the end (they're in first year high school in Stars, which is equivalent to Sophomore year.)
Chibi Usa: 5-6 (unclear in most sources, though she's generally depicted in kindergarten or first grade)
Outers: Michiru and Haruka are 15, then 16 at the end. Setsuna is 19-20 (she attends college, I can't recall if her attendance year is stated). Hotaru is an average age of 12, but is Chibi Usa's age in SuperS and Stars Manga, and goes to school with her.

Starlights: 15 (they're in the same grade as the Inners)

The book doesn't say anything about the Shitennou being kings of the inner planets. I just checked. It says that they were the guardians of Prince Endymion before being currupted by Queen Beryl. And acutally...Chibi-Usa is over 900 years old (if you go by the manga). She just looks that young. But that's something else entirely...lol  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:05 pm
Personally, I never paid attention to the years because- well I think of them as time less. But yah, I believe int he books and I look at the systems more closely.

That last known age of chibiusa was that she's 902- that's in the mini adventure where she's off on her own.

Hotaru's age is hard to pin point because she is reborn once more. So I must think that while the first time around, Hotaru was 12- in the sixth grade.

And Chibiusa was most likely in the 4th or 5th grade because she did age a little.

The mentioning of Chibiusa in the second grade was still during the Black Moon Family season or a little into the Supers.

Haruka and Michiru must be at least 16.

Setsuna is timeless. She's really thousands of years old since she is the daughter of Cronos. (prehaps a demi-god?) Therefore she'll always look like she's 18+ forever.

So her age will always be a mystery because she had never died until she was in the future and used Time Stop in the Manga.

Given the chance to live again, I suppose she would be about 21 by our stanards in america for her to be able to buy liquor.

>>

Mamoru, well he was 17 in the 11th grade when he met Usagi who was 14. Being that he's three years older by the time Stars was over- the actual battle- she was sixteen and he was around nineteen.

They did get married in the manga at the end of Book 3.

I'd like to think they waited til she was at least twenty before the wedding, but that might not be so.

At sixteen she could marry him and all that jazz. (As I've said before America and Japan are different always the culture is important to understand the shows as well as their laws.).  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:11 pm
About Haruka and Michiru's ages.

It is possible that they ARE older than the inners, but if you watch the anime where they talk about the school, they say that they snuck into the school. So it IS entirely possible that they are the same age as the other girls. Haruka also has a FAKE driving license since in Japan you can't even get one till you are 18.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:37 am
If you go by the sailor moon rpg and resource book, it could be that due to a time paradox, the inner senshi lost at least a year worth of age due to a time paradox (p. 130, timeline). That would explain why the outer scouts gained a year on them, yet were born in the same year.

IMHO, I would check doi's website though. Maybe it would know.  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100

Zahmira

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:23 am
Roselite Blade
The book doesn't say anything about the Shitennou being kings of the inner planets. I just checked. It says that they were the guardians of Prince Endymion before being currupted by Queen Beryl.
Does it happen to say anything about their ages? I've always been curious.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:20 pm
I've read a little something from Takeuchi-san about Usagi being twenty-one when the book ended. I'd rather believe her than the books, gomen. But that whole thing about getting into high school at the beginning of SuperS...I dunno. I don't want to start anything though, I just want to post my small opinion.
Gackt.

Ai to Seigi

Syndrama

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:24 pm
Megami Selene
I've read a little something from Takeuchi-san about Usagi being twenty-one when the book ended. I'd rather believe her than the books, gomen. But that whole thing about getting into high school at the beginning of SuperS...I dunno. I don't want to start anything though, I just want to post my small opinion.
Gackt.

Where/when did she say that? confused If it was published on the SOS website, I wouldn't believe it. They also swore she told a magazine that Haruka was male in the past and that the starlights were adopted children from planets Galaxia destroyed and Kakyuu raised them sweatdrop

The ages of the Shitennou are given in an artbook, I believe it's shown on kurozuki.com. They are ranged from 20ish (Kunzite) to approx 16 (Zoisite). I'd have to go look at it to get the exact ages again, but I know it said Zoisite is youngest at a mid-teen age and Kunzite was in his early 20s.

As for the Kings thing, I'll admit I never read the book, but people who tried to enter an RP of mine said that the book told them that fact. Sorry if that information is false, it's a good thing I outright denied those people anyway, since they apparently lied to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:43 pm
kyrana kirri
The ages of the Shitennou are given in an artbook, I believe it's shown on kurozuki.com. They are ranged from 20ish (Kunzite) to approx 16 (Zoisite). I'd have to go look at it to get the exact ages again, but I know it said Zoisite is youngest at a mid-teen age and Kunzite was in his early 20s.
Yeah, I've heard the same thing. Somewhere...

I took a quick look at the website and couldn't find anything, but I'll take a better later. Thanks for the pointer.  

Zahmira

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:45 pm
Yeah, I saw that too. I love that site!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:38 pm
kyrana kirri

Where/when did she say that? confused If it was published on the SOS website, I wouldn't believe it. They also swore she told a magazine that Haruka was male in the past and that the starlights were adopted children from planets Galaxia destroyed and Kakyuu raised them sweatdrop

Definitely NOT the SOS website. When I was in Japan I was trying to get my brother to pull some strings...and I got to meet my favorite mangaka. In my rush (and the crowd) I didn't get to ask anything important though. Someone did ask for the ages, but it wasn't clear what she said.
Gackt.

Ai to Seigi

Syndrama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:01 pm
Roselite Blade
About Haruka and Michiru's ages.

It is possible that they ARE older than the inners, but if you watch the anime where they talk about the school, they say that they snuck into the school. So it IS entirely possible that they are the same age as the other girls. Haruka also has a FAKE driving license since in Japan you can't even get one till you are 18.

True, but I think they just meant that they're not real students of that school. If you pay close attention (I think they cut most of it out of the dub), there was an episode where they flashed back to the school they were in before they awakened. Also, the episode where they give Makoto a ride home, Makoto says 'You're only sixteen, and you have a license?" Haruka's response: "I.. uhh... have an overseas license from Europe." Probably lying, but still, Makoto states that Haruka's age is 16 at that point, and Michiru goes to her grade, meaning Michiru is probably 16 too. Usagi turns 15 during S (on her June b-day, she gets presents to help her study for the high school entrance exams... sigh...)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:13 am

Woah..

Here's a little something I got off of Moon Princess.

What are all the Sailor Senshi's ages and birthdays?

It is very risky to specifically state an age for any of the Sailor Senshi on a profile page because they get older as the series progressed. It's easier to state their birthdays and then calculate from there how old a Sailor Senshi was during a specific time or season. Here are their birthdays with year:

Moon - June 30, 1978
Mercury - September 10, 1978
Mars - April 17, 1978
Jupiter - December 5, 1978
Venus - October 22, 1978
Neptune - March 6, 1978
Uranus - January 27, 1978
Pluto - October 29, 1976
Saturn - January 6, 1981
Chibi/Mini Moon - June 30, ????
Tuxedo Mask - August 3, 1975
Star Healer - February 8, 1979
Star Maker - May 30, 1979
Star Fighter - July 30, 1979

It's important to note that the time in the Sailor Moon world was parallel to real time when the show first aired in Japan. For example, the show aired on March 3, 1992 so in Sailor Moon's world it was also March 3, 1992. Time in Sailor Moon's world continued like this throughout the whole series. This is how I was able to calculate what year everyone was born in.

It will be very difficult for me to map out each character's age during the progression of the entire season so I will map out Usagi's (Sailor Moon) age throughout each season and hopefully, you can use the birthdays to figure out everyone else on your own.

Usagi was 13 years old when the show aired on March 3, 1992. However, she was 14 years old by Japanese Episode 17 so she was 14 years old for most of the first season. (Okay, this part gets confusing.) The only episode where we see Usagi celebrate her birthday was Japanese Episode 101 in Sailor Moon S when she wanted a pair of glass slippers that was later infected with a daimon. This episode was Usagi's 15th birthday, even though it was June 1994 BECAUSE at the end of the first season, the Silver Crystal granted Usagi's wish that they would all be normal teenagers again so they jumped back one year in age. So in June 1993, Usagi turned 14 AGAIN. This would make Usagi 16 years old in the beginning of Sailor Stars when Mamoru leaves for America on May 11, 1996. Mamoru would be 19-years-old at the same time, factoring in the time jump backward.

The time jump backward essentially forced Usagi, Ami, Rei, Minako, and Makoto to repeat the eighth grade. So in order for the Sailor Starlights to be in the same grade as them in Sailor Stars, the Sailor Starlights must be a year younger than Usagi and the other girls.

Though Sailor Neptune and Uranus were one grade above Usagi, they were still born in the same year. This is also due to the Silver Crystal time jump. Sailor Neptune and Uranus were in 10th grade during "Sailor Moon S" while Usagi was in 9th grade.

However, in the manga, there was no time jump so the Sailor Starlights would actually have been born in 1978 like Usagi in order to be in her grade in Sailor Stars. Sailor Neptune and Uranus can still have been born in 1978, regardless of the time jump, because school begins in March so they could have been accepted into the grade above Usagi's though they were born in the same year.

I hope this clears some things up, because it is a very well thought out explanation of their ages that this girl took her time into researching instead of fighting viciously with others to prove that she is right!

Nyok0u

4,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Syndrama

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:19 pm
Don't scream but, your math and logic that the day of the episode = the day for the characters is flawed. How could she be 16 in May when her birthday is in June? She probably TURNS 16 in the middle of the series, but everyone's too busy fighting to realize it's her birthday, or is dead. Also, how can she be 13, then 14 by the episode 17 when she's still in school through all of classic and R, and it's the same grade?

If you want to know their ages, look at the artbooks, if she wrote the Shitennous ages in one, she probably wrote everyone's ages. She's a note taker who loves to write next to her sketches. sweatdrop

All I'm saying is that it's easy and almost fanficcy to just come up with 'The silver crystal jumped them back a year' to explain fancifully what can just be explained as easily by saying that the Outers were just reborn a year before the inners to keep the Planet guarded, Setsuna just -looks- 20 but is over a thousand years old, and the Starlights were born the same year as Usagi and co.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff