Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Debate on Homosexuality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Revolutionary Justice

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:50 pm
What I hate is the argument that homosexuality goes against procreation as if we need more people walking around on this earth. That being said nothing is stopping a gay mans sperm from entering a lesbians v****a and impregnating her is there. Unless of course they're like other straight men/women who have problems in that area and couldn't have babies anyways.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:02 pm
Tell me about it. The world is overflowing with people as it is. And as somebody pointed out before, it's nobody's f*cking business who we love.  

BlackAngelDust

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:18 pm
In 15 years, the world increased by twice.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:01 pm
Captain_Shinzo
In 15 years, the world increased twice.

That is ******** alarming.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:31 pm
User Image

I'm kind of sick of this argument. If people want to hate and hate and hate even until they die, let them hate. Our time is too precious to be wasted on getting mad at these people.

The truth is, gay people will continue to exist. It's been here since mankind has been here and I can guarantee it's not going away. If one day there are no more gay people in the world: my only conclusion is that the world has ended.

So, until they tire of screaming their BS into people's ears, let's just party.

Oh, by party, I mean discounting all their credited sources:
1) article from narth: NARTH? really, NARTH? You could at least find a source that's more neutral and less biased.
2) Dr Hansen: of course children raised by homosexual parents are more likely to engage into homosexual behavior. DUH. Same thing for children whose parents smoke and children whose parents are charitable. If your parents smoke, you are more likely to smoke. If your parents abuse you, you are more likely to abuse your children. If your parents donate money to help people regularly, you are more likely to do the same. So what? It's not like it's a bad thing that they become homosexual. Or, are you saying it is?? *le gasp*
3) Fatherhood guy: Yes, yes, fathers are important. That's exactly why it's great to have two fathers, isn't it? (LOL) Besides, if children without fathers are messed up, then you're saying that all children raised by single moms are messed up. That's a lot of people you're gonna be offending.
4) children missing contact with parents: This article isn't even written to prove a point about homosexuals. It's written to say that children needs parents. NO DUH WE KNOW CHILDREN NEEDS PARENTS. That's why we put orphans into orphanages and keep them from the streets where they can learn to do bad stuff. Besides, both gay couples and straight couples can divorce and make children become orphans so... straight people are kind of on the same boat here.
5) Gay marriage infidelity: Ok, so gay people are more likely to cheat. So what? It's not like straight people don't cheat. They just cheat less because it's possible to get the girl pregnant and s**t will hit the fan. If it was possible to never knock someone up while cheating, let's see the cheating rate in straight couples then, huh?
6) catholic bishops gay guidelines: gay people suffer from mental and physical pain? HMMM, I WONDER WHY. And the distorted number with the FBI case percentage? the .0001% to 39%? You think I didn't see that? YOU'RE WRONG. the FBI number is so small because you're putting violence against homosexuals cases over ALL OTHER cases, including terrorist crimes, ethnic hate crimes, domestic violence crimes, etc etc etc. SO NO DUH the number is so small. And the 39%? That's the gay men abused by gay men percentage, and since the two numbers are so close, NO DUH the percentage looks big. Try putting violence against homosexuals over all VIOLENCE BASED ON ORIENTATION cases and see what you get. It's going to be more than .0001%.
7) HIV/AIDS life expectancy: that may be true in Canada. CANADA. But don't you go using this one specific example and generalizing it on all the other people. Because 1) in South Africa, the main way of transferring AIDS is through HETEROSEXUAL, aka STRAIGHT, sex. And this is significant because South Africa has most of the world's AIDS victims. 2) Simply using HIV/AIDS to say that gay people have a lower lifespan is not valid, because AIDS is not the only cause of death in this world, quite obviously. If you take into account of all the people who smoke, who have heart diseases, etc, straight people and gay people probably have the same lifespan.
8. Domestic violence: domestic violence is a problem in both gay and straight couples. Now quit throwing the spotlight onto gay couples and overshadowing the straight couples.
9) Citizenlink: the audio doesn't even work.
10) NCPTSD: gives me a random website.
11) "As much as 33% of child molestation is committed by homosexuals": The other 67% are all committed by straight people.
12) The bible: are you serious?
13) Heterosexual marriage is not unique. And this is the third time you're using that lifesite source.
14) unnatural unions: Where's your source for that? Oh btw, a guy in Japan married a game character. This stuff happens already anyway with or without gay marriage being legalized.
15) homosexual marriage is not a "right": neither is heterosexual marriage.
16) a**l cancer article: yes, having gay sex makes you more likely to get a**l cancer and AIDS. Having straight sex makes your more likely to STILL get AIDS and other STDs. So? Why don't we just not have sex altogether, hm?? Same reason why people don't quit smoking even if it makes them more likely to get lung cancer. Besides, a**l sex is not the only way gay people can have sex... 8D
17) Can I get HIV from a**l sex?: no duh. And, in case you didn't know, gay men aren't the only ones who have a**l sex.
18. Dictionary.com definition of hetero: what the hell does this prove?
19) NARTH again: I went over this. See #1).
20) Gay gene article: Yes, gay people aren't born with a gene that tells them to be gay. So? Do you mean to say that they CHOSE to be gay? Like, they wake up one day and go, "Hey, I think it's a GREAT IDEA if I become gay!"
21) Homosexuals should not be rewarded benefits of marriage because immoral behavior should not be rewarded: okay, so you're equating homosexual with immoral. Where's your source for that? The Bible? *giggle* Are you serious? *giggle* Go back to kindergarten and start over, please.

I can get high doing this s**t. 8D
Let's not play their little "marriage" game, guys. It's all lies! Marriage is horrible! Gay people are way ABOVE marriage.

xDDD

*gets shot*

~peace out~

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:42 pm
dl1371
Lethkhar
Captain_Shinzo
ImOnlyHuman16
Wow what a load of BS. I still don't understand why it's society's business who we love. I have a bunch of those christian friends who thinks it's a sin. How is love a sin? Explain that to me. They think that we are sexual monsters or something and heterosexuals aren't?

I used a similar argument like that before and someone told me
" ***** use that 'love' excuse. Does that make it right? "
I was deeply shocked, kinda.

Yeah, that's like the "The next thing you know, people will be marrying their dogs!" argument.

It's all a matter of consent. Children can't legally consent, and neither can animals. Full-grown men and women, gay or straight, can consent.
You forgot corporations

Don't even get me ******** started... stare  

Lethkhar

dl1371

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:00 pm
Lethkhar
dl1371
Lethkhar
Captain_Shinzo
ImOnlyHuman16
Wow what a load of BS. I still don't understand why it's society's business who we love. I have a bunch of those christian friends who thinks it's a sin. How is love a sin? Explain that to me. They think that we are sexual monsters or something and heterosexuals aren't?

Yeah, that's like the "The next thing you know, people will be marrying their dogs!" argument.

It's all a matter of consent. Children can't legally consent, and neither can animals. Full-grown men and women, gay or straight, can consent.
You forgot corporations

http://murrayhillweb.com/new_day/index.html
=D  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:34 pm
so.... my fever just went up to 103. great.... i should leave this forum while i am sick.  

ranch_and_potatos

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:37 pm
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
User Image

I'm kind of sick of this argument. If people want to hate and hate and hate even until they die, let them hate. Our time is too precious to be wasted on getting mad at these people.

The truth is, gay people will continue to exist. It's been here since mankind has been here and I can guarantee it's not going away. If one day there are no more gay people in the world: my only conclusion is that the world has ended.

So, until they tire of screaming their BS into people's ears, let's just party.

Oh, by party, I mean discounting all their credited sources:
1) article from narth: NARTH? really, NARTH? You could at least find a source that's more neutral and less biased.
2) Dr Hansen: of course children raised by homosexual parents are more likely to engage into homosexual behavior. DUH. Same thing for children whose parents smoke and children whose parents are charitable. If your parents smoke, you are more likely to smoke. If your parents abuse you, you are more likely to abuse your children. If your parents donate money to help people regularly, you are more likely to do the same. So what? It's not like it's a bad thing that they become homosexual. Or, are you saying it is?? *le gasp*
3) Fatherhood guy: Yes, yes, fathers are important. That's exactly why it's great to have two fathers, isn't it? (LOL) Besides, if children without fathers are messed up, then you're saying that all children raised by single moms are messed up. That's a lot of people you're gonna be offending.
4) children missing contact with parents: This article isn't even written to prove a point about homosexuals. It's written to say that children needs parents. NO DUH WE KNOW CHILDREN NEEDS PARENTS. That's why we put orphans into orphanages and keep them from the streets where they can learn to do bad stuff. Besides, both gay couples and straight couples can divorce and make children become orphans so... straight people are kind of on the same boat here.
5) Gay marriage infidelity: Ok, so gay people are more likely to cheat. So what? It's not like straight people don't cheat. They just cheat less because it's possible to get the girl pregnant and s**t will hit the fan. If it was possible to never knock someone up while cheating, let's see the cheating rate in straight couples then, huh?
6) catholic bishops gay guidelines: gay people suffer from mental and physical pain? HMMM, I WONDER WHY. And the distorted number with the FBI case percentage? the .0001% to 39%? You think I didn't see that? YOU'RE WRONG. the FBI number is so small because you're putting violence against homosexuals cases over ALL OTHER cases, including terrorist crimes, ethnic hate crimes, domestic violence crimes, etc etc etc. SO NO DUH the number is so small. And the 39%? That's the gay men abused by gay men percentage, and since the two numbers are so close, NO DUH the percentage looks big. Try putting violence against homosexuals over all VIOLENCE BASED ON ORIENTATION cases and see what you get. It's going to be more than .0001%.
7) HIV/AIDS life expectancy: that may be true in Canada. CANADA. But don't you go using this one specific example and generalizing it on all the other people. Because 1) in South Africa, the main way of transferring AIDS is through HETEROSEXUAL, aka STRAIGHT, sex. And this is significant because South Africa has most of the world's AIDS victims. 2) Simply using HIV/AIDS to say that gay people have a lower lifespan is not valid, because AIDS is not the only cause of death in this world, quite obviously. If you take into account of all the people who smoke, who have heart diseases, etc, straight people and gay people probably have the same lifespan.
8. Domestic violence: domestic violence is a problem in both gay and straight couples. Now quit throwing the spotlight onto gay couples and overshadowing the straight couples.
9) Citizenlink: the audio doesn't even work.
10) NCPTSD: gives me a random website.
11) "As much as 33% of child molestation is committed by homosexuals": The other 67% are all committed by straight people.
12) The bible: are you serious?
13) Heterosexual marriage is not unique. And this is the third time you're using that lifesite source.
14) unnatural unions: Where's your source for that? Oh btw, a guy in Japan married a game character. This stuff happens already anyway with or without gay marriage being legalized.
15) homosexual marriage is not a "right": neither is heterosexual marriage.
16) a**l cancer article: yes, having gay sex makes you more likely to get a**l cancer and AIDS. Having straight sex makes your more likely to STILL get AIDS and other STDs. So? Why don't we just not have sex altogether, hm?? Same reason why people don't quit smoking even if it makes them more likely to get lung cancer. Besides, a**l sex is not the only way gay people can have sex... 8D
17) Can I get HIV from a**l sex?: no duh. And, in case you didn't know, gay men aren't the only ones who have a**l sex.
18. Dictionary.com definition of hetero: what the hell does this prove?
19) NARTH again: I went over this. See #1).
20) Gay gene article: Yes, gay people aren't born with a gene that tells them to be gay. So? Do you mean to say that they CHOSE to be gay? Like, they wake up one day and go, "Hey, I think it's a GREAT IDEA if I become gay!"
21) Homosexuals should not be rewarded benefits of marriage because immoral behavior should not be rewarded: okay, so you're equating homosexual with immoral. Where's your source for that? The Bible? *giggle* Are you serious? *giggle* Go back to kindergarten and start over, please.

I can get high doing this s**t. 8D
Let's not play their little "marriage" game, guys. It's all lies! Marriage is horrible! Gay people are way ABOVE marriage.

xDDD

*gets shot*

~peace out~

User Image

They keep talking as if all bad things happened to/because of homosexuals.

What did you expect from immoral, biased opinions? rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:19 pm
dl1371
Lethkhar
dl1371
Lethkhar
Captain_Shinzo
ImOnlyHuman16

You forgot corporations

=D

"The representative from Microsoft has the floor..."  

Lethkhar

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:21 pm
Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU6og94qDwk

Last verse. I dare you not to get shivers up your spine. It's probably the bravest verse I've ever heard in Hip-Hop, considering the rampant homophobia present in the genre. Brother Ali's incredible.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:20 pm
Lethkhar
Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU6og94qDwk

Last verse. I dare you not to get shivers up your spine. It's probably the bravest verse I've ever heard in Hip-Hop, considering the rampant homophobia present in the genre. Brother Ali's incredible.

s**t rocks man.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

dl1371

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:16 pm
Lethkhar
dl1371
Lethkhar
dl1371
Lethkhar

You forgot corporations

=D

A representative isn't a corporation...
It would be a lot more funny is a corporation became a congressman  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:52 pm
dl1371
Lethkhar
dl1371
Lethkhar
dl1371
Lethkhar

You forgot corporations

=D

Hm...Actually, come to think of it, I think somebody should do this. If corporations are allowed to "speak" with money, and they're people in every other right, then I think one should try to run for election. Let's see what the court says about that.  

Lethkhar

dl1371

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:19 am
Lethkhar
dl1371
Lethkhar
dl1371
Lethkhar

=D

Hm...Actually, come to think of it, I think somebody should do this. If corporations are allowed to "speak" with money, and they're people in every other right, then I think one should try to run for election. Let's see what the court says about that.
I'd laugh if it actually happened
Then I'd run, to Canada.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas