YEAH! TAKE THAT CANCER! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:03 am
xBowserxChanx
you do realize that through the course of human history, once we've eradicated one major disease another one wipes out half our population right?
This one isn't a virus or anything though, this one is a defect in our own genes that causes cells to malfunction. The problem with curing most diseases is that we try to eradicate them, instead of making ourselves stronger against them.

@ cookie. Cancer cells don't lose there telomeres. Telomere decay causes aging, not cancer. If we could find out how to get cancer cells to decay like normal ones they would prolly die from reproducing so fast. Making our telomeres not decay would make cancer worse. We can only stop aging after we stop cancer. Because being eternally young would suck with eternally young cancer too.
Long story short, we need to trade with cancer.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:10 am
I've always thought of cancer to be synonymous with drawn out death. gonk

So we pretty much found out specifically how cancer spreads? :D That's great! Seriously.  

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:21 am
Owwin
xBowserxChanx
you do realize that through the course of human history, once we've eradicated one major disease another one wipes out half our population right?
This one isn't a virus or anything though, this one is a defect in our own genes that causes cells to malfunction. The problem with curing most diseases is that we try to eradicate them, instead of making ourselves stronger against them.

@ cookie. Cancer cells don't lose there telomeres. Telomere decay causes aging, not cancer. If we could find out how to get cancer cells to decay like normal ones they would prolly die from reproducing so fast. Making our telomeres not decay would make cancer worse. We can only stop aging after we stop cancer. Because being eternally young would suck with eternally young cancer too.

I know all that. If we were to find the gene that allows for the production of telomerase, we could shut down cancer cells easily, as well as keep ourselves younger.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 am
Wantcookie
Owwin
xBowserxChanx

I know all that. If we were to find the gene that allows for the production of telomerase, we could shut down cancer cells easily, as well as keep ourselves younger.
Oh well hell yeah then.  

Owwin

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:49 pm
That's amazing. This should have been all over the news, seriously.

I don't think that we're going to find a cure as fast as we should though, because of all the suits up there "running" the charities. They're gonna be riding that gravy train for as long as humanly possible, sadly.

Also, once I read that nanotechnology could eventually have itty-bitty lazers tracking down and shooting up the cancer cells. pew pew.

@Cookie: s**t, I'd go for everlasting youth.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:45 am
GrowingDandelion

I don't think that we're going to find a cure as fast as we should though, because of all the suits up there "running" the charities. They're gonna be riding that gravy train for as long as humanly possible, sadly.

Also, once I read that nanotechnology could eventually have itty-bitty lazers tracking down and shooting up the cancer cells. pew pew.

Nah, this shouldn't be all over the news. If that happens, then people are going to expect a cure by tomorrow.  

Orphie

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:20 pm
We've succeeded at giving cancer a firm, swift kick to the v****a.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:01 pm
Orphie
GrowingDandelion

Nah, this shouldn't be all over the news. If that happens, then people are going to expect a cure by tomorrow.

In other words, it's not big news.  

Waynebrizzle

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:15 pm
Owwin
Wantcookie
Owwin
xBowserxChanx

Oh well hell yeah then.
Of course then there's ethics you run into.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:17 pm
Holy s**t, that's awesome.  

Delta Machine

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:27 pm
Nomega
Owwin
Wantcookie
Owwin
xBowserxChanx

Oh well hell yeah then.

i found the gene that produces time

lets destroy it  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:25 pm
Waynebrizzle
Orphie
GrowingDandelion

@Cookie: sh*t, I'd go for everlasting youth.

IT'S A SCIENTIFIC BREAKTHROUGH! THAT'S TOTALLY NEWS!  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

System C O R R U P T

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:48 pm
Waynebrizzle
Nomega
Owwin
Wantcookie
Owwin
xBowserxChanx

Oh well hell yeah then.

i found the gene that produces time

lets destroy it

I'll grab the death laser.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:49 pm
Nomega
Owwin
Wantcookie
Owwin
xBowserxChanx

Oh well hell yeah then.

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:00 pm
GrowingDandelion
Waynebrizzle
Orphie
GrowingDandelion

@Cookie: sh*t, I'd go for everlasting youth.

IT'S A SCIENTIFIC BREAKTHROUGH! THAT'S TOTALLY NEWS!

I'd consider it progress, but not really a breakthrough. Not until we see some practical application with this discovery, at least.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff