View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 am
Overrated.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:00 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
ChaosTorrent
The only game of the series I've ever played myself was that one downloadable fan-translated ROM of mother 3 for GBA. It was kinda meh.. While I did enjoy the soundtrack, I didn't find the battle system particularly amusing, nor the visuals overall. I did do some research on the confusing story, and I'm not very impressed. Actually, I'm kind of sick of some kids randomly setting out to save the world, and things like Giygas (while being a very cool boss itself) just don't go with the whole rest, IMO.

Also, Pokey is just the plain worst ******** villian ever. What the hell. Even Fawful is less goddamn annoying.

Renz casted FlameWard Ω!
User Image
The combat system is bossssss

Auto-fight is the best thing everrrr

best thing everrrrrr

User Image
s**t YEAH

GONNA MAKE THE GAME PLAY ITSELF

I AM HAVING SO MUCH FUN

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  

Allegro

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:22 am
User Image
more like s**t YEAH

FREE HANDS FOR MY BONG

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 pm
I played earthbound on an emulator. Well, one day about halfway through the game my file was deleted so I lost all my progress. I just don't have the patience to start again right now.  

Satrevi

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:17 pm
Barf!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:42 am
I'm a fan of the Mother games. I played 1 and 2 but not 3.

Mother 1 happens to be my favorite RPG ever and this is primarily due to it's soundtrack.  

Mephisto D

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:49 am
Never tried because the hype was off putting.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:15 pm
Satrevi
I played earthbound on an emulator. Well, one day about halfway through the game my file was deleted so I lost all my progress. I just don't have the patience to start again right now.
User Image
Yeah, it is a little tl;dr at times. But if you haven't been through Moonside and Magicant yet you owe it to yourself to replay it, preferably with a session at the ready. wink

moonsid emoon sidemoonsi demoonside moonsidemoo nside

s**t was so cash

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am
I LOVE the Mother series.It's a real shame that Mother 1 and 3 never made it to our shores and that Nintendo won't put EarthBound on the Virtual Console.I hope that Nintendo makes a Mother Trilogy game for the DS so we can play all 3 Mother games the way they're supposed to be played:legally.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:02 am
I'm not a huge RPG fan, but I really like Mother and Mother 3. Never played Earthbound. Never got to finish Mother 3 before my computer s**t out. Still need to replay that.  

Owwin

SlashFighter1988

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:11 pm
God Of Video Games
Earthbound (Or Mother in japan) is a very awesome Nintendo series. In fact, it is one of my favorites. The battles are challenging and the parodies and humor were great. But of course this is just an opinion, what are your views on Earthbound (Mother)?

I have nixed thoughts about Mother. I don't really Earthbound Zero (NES English Patch ROM) because the enemies are overpowering right from the start. Earthbound is a balanced RPG though, it keeps you hooked and provides a decent challange.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:05 am
i find it uninteresting and overrated.

Just sayin. Its not all people said it was.  

donugee

God Of Video Games

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:22 pm
I don't know, when Lucas accidentally killed his younger twin brother Claus, my eyes started to water.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:27 pm
God Of Video Games
I don't know, when Lucas accidentally killed his younger twin brother Claus, my eyes started to water.

Fix'd.  

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

God Of Video Games

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:30 pm
TtheHero
God Of Video Games

Fix'd.
thanks  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas