Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
I love Canada's Hockey Team. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:58 am
Hey at least Canada still has curling. Ahahahaha.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:00 am
*American high five*  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:59 am
Harupiggy
lol All this hockey s**t while lacrosse is our national sport.
And yet America have won half of the Champion's Cups, with most of their success coming recently.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:42 am
racism is ******** everyone but america
WOOO

I view the Olympics as a celebration of our countries' friendships and it's people with attitudes like Kuzo's about it that piss my right the ******** off. People who are arrogantly patriotic are annoying, I'll give you that. But there are people like that in every country: Canada and the U.S. included. Treating the Olympics as a ******** battle proving which country is better is only going to make that worse.

Americans are great people. I've made a bunch of American friends through the Cult mostly, and they are just as nice as anybody I know here. Okay, you beat is at hockey. Congratulations! I'm sure it was a great game. But let's face it, the States doesn't have the best image with the rest of the world right now and the people being arrogant douchebags about this aren't going to help that one bit.

Sure, you deserve to celebrate. You beat Canada at hockey! Hooray! Just keep in mind that there's a difference between celebrating and acting like an elitist p***k.

AK OWT.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:08 pm
Dino Pakkun
racism is ******** everyone but america
WOOO

I view the Olympics as a celebration of our countries' friendships and it's people with attitudes like Kuzo's about it that piss my right the ******** off. People who are arrogantly patriotic are annoying, I'll give you that. But there are people like that in every country: Canada and the U.S. included. Treating the Olympics as a ******** battle proving which country is better is only going to make that worse.

Americans are great people. I've made a bunch of American friends through the Cult mostly, and they are just as nice as anybody I know here. Okay, you beat is at hockey. Congratulations! I'm sure it was a great game. But let's face it, the States doesn't have the best image with the rest of the world right now and the people being arrogant douchebags about this aren't going to help that one bit.

Sure, you deserve to celebrate. You beat Canada at hockey! Hooray! Just keep in mind that there's a difference between celebrating and acting like an elitist p***k.

AK OWT.
lol AK reading WAY too much into this  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:14 pm
Dino Pakkun
racism is hilarious

Canadians aren't a RACE, dumbass.

ALL SOUTH AFRICANS ARE DARKIES ESPECIALLY THE ONES BEHIND APARTHEID.

Besides, you kinda need some redeeming qualities to qualify as a race anyways.

(If you REALLY want to get into the nitty grittty, the reason Canada pisses me off is that the country tends to define itself by their discrepancies from us. Well, now you have one more: You're not better at us in Hockey!)  

Allegro

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:21 pm
that part was a JOKE, dumbass

EDIT: and even if it's not necessarily racism, I'm sure you know what I'm TRYING to say. Sorry I don't know the proper term, it's too bad I'm not a sociologist!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:24 pm
Kinda interesting how the first responses to my post are ones calling me stupid. It almost supports what I was saying about people being dicks instead of trying to get along as different nationalities... wink  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:25 pm
Dino Pakkun
Kinda interesting how the first responses to my post are ones calling me stupid. It almost supports what I was saying about people being dicks instead of trying to get along as different nationalities... wink
My being a d**k has nothing to do with me being American, or you being Canadian.

It has to do with me thinking that you're STUPID.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:31 pm
How am I stupid?

Because I think that it's better for people to try to get along instead of make everything about who's better? Because I think Canadians and Americans and... ********'... people of EVERY nationality ought to be aiming to treat each other as equals instead of making hateful posts in forums about how retarded members of the other country are?

And for the record, I had nothing against you. What set me off was Kuzo ranting about how stupid Canadians are. I understand being competitive, that's just part of the sport, but there's clearly a line being crossed here.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:35 pm
Well when you bring the whole world together to see who is the best at X sport, you're kinda in a fight for bragging rights.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:36 pm
Dino Pakkun
How am I stupid?

Because I think that it's better for people to try to get along instead of make everything about who's better? Because I think Canadians and Americans and... ********'... people of EVERY nationality ought to be aiming to treat each other as equals instead of making hateful posts in forums about how retarded members of the other country are?

Basically every Canadian Cultie does this to America. Didn't/doesn't bother me, cause I'm proud of what we have. Bugs me more when Cheesio tries it. The ONE time I show some friendly national pride at beating a talented hockey squad, you all grow MASSIVE manginas.

Yeah, I made fun of your country because something you pride yourself on was stripped from you, however briefly. You think it makes me happy that you ******** call us warmongers? Yeah, like I have a ******** influence on a societal trend.

Just because I think you guys are smarmy doesn't mean I don't like the country as a whole. Calgary rules, and you're the number one place we export to. Just don't be proud cause you don't have a lot of qualities we do.

Cause you still have the one that matters the most right now: Excessive national pride. And this is what it's like to be on the other side of that.  

Allegro

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:42 pm
It's still not fair to say that an entire nation is stupid just because of some excessively nationalist ones said something in a thread somewhere. I said it before, I think America is great. I love your movies, your food, your literature, and your video games, and some of my best friends are American. Right here, living proof that not all Canadians hate America. And hey, just because some assholes tend to go overboard with the America-bashing doesn't mean that Canada as a whole is evil. There are ignorant assholes in every country of the world. Probably a fairly equal amount, too.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:44 pm
CANADAAAA YOUR GAME IS THROUGH

'CAUSE NOW YOU HAVE TO ANSWER TOOOO

User Image

(hockey) TEAM AMERICA  

Waynebrizzle

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:45 pm
Dino Pakkun
There are ignorant assholes in every country of the world. Probably a fairly equal amount, too.
Then they should be prepared for turnabout. it's fair play, I hear.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff