CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:22 am
Suggested Beat Em Ups and Fighters:

Clay Fighter 2, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Super Double Dragon, Sonic Blast Man, Final Fight 2, Final Fight 3, TMNT In Time, Spiderman & Venom Maximum Carnage,Super Punch-Out, Killer Instinct,

ARR PEE GEEZ:

Final Fantasy 2, Final Fantasy 3, Tales of Phantasia, Super Mario RPG, Ys 3

Shooters and Other:

Contra 3, Super Bomberman, Super Gameboy, Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country 1,2,3, Mega Man 7,Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Rock n Roll Racing, Mystical Ninja,Kirby Superstar, Kirby's Dream Land 3, Tetris Attack,

Just to list a few ^^; if you can't decide just take a browse through a emulator and see what you like and go from there? I will note to you that ebay will be an essential need if you plan to buy cartridges. Or having access to many flea markets and pawnshops

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:19 pm
Why not just download the roms? Cartridges break down eventually. Files get copied. Seriously, you can get all the SNES games for free. Nintendo isn't manufacturing old cartridges anymore. So, why worry about paying for it?

Just buy an external controller, put it on your computer. Download the emulator, set your controls. You are still using a controller so it practically feels the same. For the cost of one usb game controller if you know where to look you can get all of the old games for free just like that.

Anyways, on topic. Final fight is good but 3 was the fairest out of the trio. Super mario world of course. oh, contra alien wars! That's a good one!

Also if you dig old classic FF rpgs check out the FF games for SNES  

Satrevi

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:51 pm
Helene magin
Why not just download the roms? Cartridges break down eventually. Files get copied. Seriously, you can get all the SNES games for free. Nintendo isn't manufacturing old cartridges anymore. So, why worry about paying for it?

Just buy an external controller, put it on your computer. Download the emulator, set your controls. You are still using a controller so it practically feels the same. For the cost of one usb game controller if you know where to look you can get all of the old games for free just like that.

Anyways, on topic. Final fight is good but 3 was the fairest out of the trio. Super mario world of course. oh, contra alien wars! That's a good one!

User Image
Encouraging people to break the law is against Gaia's Terms of Service. Just sayin'.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:58 pm
8Bit Jack
Ribbin
What's that game that was kind of like a prequel to Illusion of Gaia or Actraiser of something. It was Actraiser, I swear it was like a prequel to it, because it had the same font and a similar concept. Shhiiiiit. You go through dungeons and fight things that slowly bring back the world that was destroyed. ********, I forget what it's called.

Help? D:
Soul Blazer, I'm guessing?

YESSSSSS.

That was it. =)  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Satrevi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:11 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
Helene magin

User Image
Encouraging people to break the law is against Gaia's Terms of Service. Just sayin'.

User Image
well, since so many of these old cartridges arent even being manufactured anymore... How long until they run out and there is none to go around? Just saying.

Besides, i'm not encouraging, simply sharing an opinion. It honestly doesnt make sense to me why you would pay so much and go through so much trouble. When, the makers of the product don't give a damn about the old school gamer.

if they cared about the traditions of the old school gamer they would keep on manufacturing the games at an affordable rate. When the cartridges dry up, what are people going to do? Well, there;s nothing they can do and all their precious childhood memories will be left thrown away by the gaming corporations.

So, doing it your way? No thanks. If people dont want to do it my way i really dont care, thats their choice, i'm not saying anyone has to, i'm just saying there's an easier way with less hassle. That, isn't illegal.

It breaks my heart that they make games these days with only a select few old school gaming hits. Then the real classics are left ignored, that's wrong. Yet, if you want some of these older games, you are practically out of luck. Oh, and system wear and tear as well.

Ah the original mario kart, what a classic.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 pm
Helene magin

How do you think I tried out Earthbound and played the original version of ALttP? That said, there's something to be said for having a nice collection.

User Image
(New console in the collection, new picture.)

As for what you don't see...well, my friend decided to catalog his collection and determine whether or not he'd beaten each of his games. I decided to follow suit. So here's how it goes: I have 202 games. By system, that's 17 NES, 2 SNES, 29 Genesis, 8 N64, 45 GameCube, 27 Wii, 2 WiiWare, 8 Virtual Console, 8 Game Boy, 7 Game Boy Color, 27 Game Boy Advance, and 22 DS. That's 119 cartridges/game cards, 58 discs, and 10 digital games. Not counting re-releases (like Zelda Collector's Edition and Sonic Mega Collection), I have 185 unique games. As for my progress, of the original 202, there's 55 that I have no intention of beating for one reason or another. Of the remaining 147, I've finished 96 (73%), I'm in the middle of 24, and haven't started 27. Oh, and I didn't count Atari or PC games.

And I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that I'm not only interested in the games to play them, I also have a collection that I take pride in, and having an SNES with only two games seems like a bit of a waste.  

GuruGuru214

SneakyGeeky

900 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:48 pm
I can, personally, understand downloading Roms on one base moral ground: Nintendo is no longer being benefited by the sale of cartridges, and neither are the original developers. Therefore, I don't feel like I'm "stealing" from a good developer or company. Rather, I'm finding a means to have a convenient, and enjoyable, collection of good games.

That being said, Guru is *totally* right that there's something about having a hard, material collection. Even though my collection is small, I love my little N64, with Golden Eye and Ocarina of time. *squee*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:50 pm
GuruGuru214
Helene magin

How do you think I tried out Earthbound and played the original version of ALttP? That said, there's something to be said for having a nice collection.

User Image

As for what you don't see...well, my friend decided to catalog his collection and determine whether or not he'd beaten each of his games. I decided to follow suit. So here's how it goes: I have 202 games. By system, that's 17 NES, 2 SNES, 29 Genesis, 8 N64, 45 GameCube, 27 Wii, 2 WiiWare, 8 Virtual Console, 8 Game Boy, 7 Game Boy Color, 27 Game Boy Advance, and 22 DS. That's 119 cartridges/game cards, 58 discs, and 10 digital games. Not counting re-releases (like Zelda Collector's Edition and Sonic Mega Collection), I have 185 unique games. As for my progress, of the original 202, there's 55 that I have no intention of beating for one reason or another. Of the remaining 147, I've finished 96 (73%), I'm in the middle of 24, and haven't started 27. Oh, and I didn't count Atari or PC games.

And I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that I'm not only interested in the games to play them, I also have a collection that I take pride in, and having an SNES with only two games seems like a bit of a waste.
That, is so true....

You know, I would not mind paying for the old machinery, i just refuse to be buying used equipment. Because once a system is shot, and i've put money into it, i need a new system. If the system creator isn't even going to make the console anymore.

Then I honestly believe they owe their followers the games they made. Games were made to be enjoyed. I am going to enjoy my games one way or the other. Since they refuse to keep making it in the older formats for consoles. Well, like I said... I am going to enjoy my games one way or the other.

But despite all that. It just doesn't feel the same as reliving the memory firsthand on the actual system. Because as a true oldschool gamer, that feeling of an old well worn controller still touches the heart.

That's why I love my external usb controller, its a logitech dual action, it mimics a playstation controller exactly and only cost me 20$ It just hits the spot for me because i freaking fell in love with the classic playstation dual analog. That was, imo, still the best controller made to date. The playstation 2 controller with the touch sensitivity and the vibrate... Oh yeah...  

Satrevi

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:21 am
GuruGuru214
Helene magin

User Image

Holy s**t, you own Real Bout High School too! O:

What a terrible anime. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:33 am
Impressive collection there guy, I don't think I'd go out of my way to buy a atari though. I settled for a tv-plug in play version.

Again you should consider at least testing these game suggestions out in some way before you go forth and hunt for them.

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:11 am
Chances are, most good games from this list have already been named, but whenever someone asks for SNES recommendations, I like to direct them to SydLexia.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:48 pm
GuruGuru214
Helene magin

User Image

ATARI ALL THE WAY!!! WOOOOOT! Love that system!! <3<3

I would say Bubsy 2 and Goof Troop were fun when I was younger.. havent played them in a long time...
Donkey kong countrys, Mario Bro superstars, Mario kart, MEGA MAN!!! I cant think of any others.  

Kittymeeow

Anxious Cupcake

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:53 pm
Oh s**t, totally forgot. Mega Man X. Must have.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:25 am
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Impressive collection there guy, I don't think I'd go out of my way to buy a atari though. I settled for a tv-plug in play version.

Again you should consider at least testing these game suggestions out in some way before you go forth and hunt for them.

Oh, I didn't go out of my way for that Atari. I've had that since before I was born. I'm not sure if my dad would ever let me remove it from the house...

And yeah, I was intending to do that.

Ribbin
Oh s**t, totally forgot. Mega Man X. Must have.

I dunno... A couple friends of mine got me Mega Man X: Command Mission as a joke gift a couple years ago and it may have ruined it for me. Come to think of it, one of those friends is the one who got me the SNES...

Oh, and I neglected to mention one piece of my collection. 1 PS3 game. I don't own a PS3, but it was free, which is the only way I'd ever take Lego Rock Band anyway.  

GuruGuru214

SlashFighter1988

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:16 pm
GuruGuru214
So...I was a Genesis kid. Not so much because I chose a side as because it's all that I was exposed to at the time. 15 years later, a friend finally gave me an SNES for my birthday, completing my collection of Nintendo's consoles. Problem is, with such underexposure back in the day, I have no idea what games to get for it. My friend gave it to me with Super Metroid and Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, and I have the GBA releases of Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and A Link to the Past (the last of which I've played the original SNES version of before), so I have an opinion of those games, but beyond that, I'm pretty much completely in the dark. So I'm asking you guys, what other SNES games did I miss out on, playing on my Genesis when I was 7 years old?

If you emulate the SNES, I suggest looking for an Egnlish patch of Final Fantasy 4. If you own the system, then I reccomend buying Super Punch Out.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff