Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Where do you draw the line on cheating? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:07 pm
Cheating is never okay online. Ever. It ruins the gaming experience. Modded games that are at least balanced? Okay I can see it, but nothing that throws it off. Like making the infected have auras on L4D2. I ******** hate those people. You shouldn't be able to see me, especially through walls with your ******** rifle.

Some games it is necessary though. GTA anyone? I mean what is the point in playing without being able to spawn vehicles?

@ Kyro you played Gunz? I ******** loved that game! dagger all the way! No lunging and shooting them as they were on the ground either, I just ******** shanked them. Did you know if you shoot at their legs they can't block it? Too bad that game was ruined by cheating.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:26 pm
I never cheat in any of my games.  

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:04 pm
What 8-Bit Jack said. In-game glitches or exploiting something in the programming without altering the game is fine, but things like save states and GameShark codes are not.

Cheating while playing against other people is completely unacceptable, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:17 pm
I used to cheat... A LOT.
Back then I didn't have Wi-Fi. XD
I had this folder in which I'd keep mostly Rayman and Spyro cheats. They were the ingame push this series of buttons ones. I bought a bunch of Action Replays in my day. I used it for Pokémon Ruby to get max'd money and some Bad eggs... After I lost my save file from doing a Yoshi cheat in Super Mario World, I was done with cheating.

Anyway, noone's discussed guides... I have a ******** pile of game guides XD A PILE. But I got a bunch of posters from them... <3
Then I learned about IGN... Why buy guides when you can use ONLINE GUIDES? They're great. Yeah, ******** you. I still use guides XD I need them for beads/side quests/animals in Okami. There's 100 stray beads. 100. If you get them all, YOU'RE ******** INVINCIBLE.
Galaxy was my first non-guide game XD So yeah, there's my dark secret ;__;
GUIDEZ
Do you guys even consider Guides cheating? XD  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:26 pm
The moment the game stops being fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:29 pm
User Image
I don't own any cheating devices, so I guess if exploting ingame glitches is allowed, I never cheat. *shrug* Even when I glitch I'm usually trying to give myself an extra challenge to beat legitimately: sequence breaking, avoiding otherwise essential items, etc.

Sometimes in emulators I'll use save states, though, so I can replay my favorite scenes and s**t quickly.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:33 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
I used to cheat... A LOT.
Back then I didn't have Wi-Fi. XD
I had this folder in which I'd keep mostly Rayman and Spyro cheats. They were the ingame push this series of buttons ones. I bought a bunch of Action Replays in my day. I used it for Pokémon Ruby to get max'd money and some Bad eggs... After I lost my save file from doing a Yoshi cheat in Super Mario World, I was done with cheating.

Anyway, noone's discussed guides... I have a ******** pile of game guides XD A PILE. But I got a bunch of posters from them... <3
Then I learned about IGN... Why buy guides when you can use ONLINE GUIDES? They're great. Yeah, ******** you. I still use guides XD I need them for beads/side quests/animals in Okami. There's 100 stray beads. 100. If you get them all, YOU'RE ******** INVINCIBLE.
GUIDEZ

I don't consider guides as cheating b/c you're not altering the game.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:57 pm
I think it depends on the purpose for playing the game. Take contra for instance, if you put in the infinite lives code, but you have fun each time playing. that's fine. The main idea of games is to have fun and kill time. So... Yeah....

However, playing cheap and cheating online or screenpeeking is cheating, well, playing cheap, it depends on the game.

for instance, if someone plays dirty on halo, but teaches you how to play dirty so you present a challenge, thats fine.

if someone refuses to get their dumb a** out of a vehicle or play any form of the game that allows for a more fair weapon balance, then that isnt skill, thats being ******** cheap.

however, if everyone in said game is fine with playing cheap then it can be fun for everyone thus acceptable.

i go by a case by case basis i guess  

Satrevi

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:14 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
GUIDEZ

I don't consider guides cheating, personally. You know where to go and what to do for XYZ, but you still have to go there and do everything yourself.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:07 pm
I remember a time when my friend challenged me to a Pokémon battle on the DS. I never looked at his party before battling, so when I used my normal (non-glitch or cheat) party, I got destroyed by his cheat party of a lv100 Infernape, lv70 Giratina, Dialga, Palkia, and some others I can't remember.

Then, on his second challenge, I made an exception to my cheat rules (see below) and levelled out the playing field with my Heart Gold containing 6 lv100 Arceuses (hacked). My friend fled.

Anyway, my general rule with codes and hacks is that it's acceptable if you're doing it for private experimental purposes, but never in a way that affects others or gives you an unfair advantage when competing against other players.  

Michi is a cat

SneakyGeeky

900 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:15 am
So basically most everyone is saying the same thing:

"Cheat if it makes you happy, but keep it to yourself."

I can dig that.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:16 am
If you cheat, be honest about it. For single player games, it's not a big deal. Who cares? Just don't lie about beating it without cheats. Then you're a douche. For multiplayer, no.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:43 am
cheating is ok if you just want to have fun or if there is no real competition involved, like a gentleman's bet. But what I don't understand is why cheat online in the first place? that tells me that if your an "underground" or "pro" player, I will automatically assume that your cheating, cause more times then I can count, my assumptions were correct, at least to a certain degree.

but what I also find funny, is of those who cheat, and still suck at playing the game.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:52 am
I don't typically cheat except in games like GTA. Free roaming games are all about ******** around anyway; they're perfect for cheats. Doing the same thing in most other games isn't as fun, or fun at all, and cheating in multiplayer is just lame.

er, i mean, i cheat all the time on everything. i love trolling in tf2  

One Way to Troll

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:14 am
sgt.Frosty
but what I also find funny, is of those who cheat, and still suck at playing the game.
User Image
xd Don't people usually cheat because they suck? Barring an Uberkarp for the lulz, that's the only reason I can think of for people to cheat in competitive play.

User Image

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces