Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:55 am
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle
World of Goo is the best puzzle game I've ever played. No nostalgia there.

Braid was kinda iffy from what I got to play. Not the most intuitive game.
Oh no, I know it's not you. I just know all too well the kind of people that brush off any simple type flash game that comes out and is made popular (primarily Bejeweled) and belittle it to no end, but talk about the good old days of Tetris and blah blah barf.

I know you weren't accusing me. It's not like it'd even be possible for me to be nostalgic about the game. It's hardly two years old now.

It's just awesome. That's why I like it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:57 am
Indeed. I hadn't even thought about it as a puzzle game. I usually get the image of blocks in my head, so it didn't even come to mind.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:01 pm
Meta_Fish
Indeed. I hadn't even thought about it as a puzzle game. I usually get the image of blocks in my head, so it didn't even come to mind.

Which is probably why I didn't like puzzle games too much before WoG. Everyone thinks they all need to be arcadey and based on some sort of shape or whatever. They pretty much just said "******** that" and made what they thought was fun, and it worked.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:27 pm
User Image
My sister has this game called Hexic on her boyfriend's Xbox that's pretty cool shiz.

ALSO HOLY s**t I JUST GOOGLED IT AND APPARENTLY IT'S FREE AND DOWNLOADABLE FOR ******** trial versions.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

System C O R R U P T

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:50 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image
My sister has this game called Hexic on her boyfriend's Xbox that's pretty cool shiz.

ALSO HOLY s**t I JUST GOOGLED IT AND APPARENTLY IT'S FREE AND DOWNLOADABLE FOR ******** trial versions.

User Image

I love Hexic. I've spent hours playing that game.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:52 pm
Hexic was made by the tetris guy too XD Saw it on an old Icons episode.  

Owwin

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:56 pm
And nobody's mentioned Phoenix Wright?
It may be inexplicably classified as an adventure game, but I'll be damned if it isn't puzzling at times.
Or Professor Layton. Seriously, why has nobody mentioned that one? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:15 pm
Damn, yea. Hexic and Prof. Layton. Both killer puzzle games.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Satrevi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:40 pm
ChaosTorrent
I don't even remember what it's called, but I particularly liked that one that's built up like tetris, but instead mario enemies fall down and you have to sort them so they disappear before reaching the top. You could also set up a yoshi egg around a pile of enemies to make it disappear whole. I spent way too much time on that game.
Wario's woods, i played that one a lot myself at one time.

either that or maybe it was the original yoshi.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:44 pm
Meta_Fish
The reason you like puzzle games of old and don't much care for ones of today is because of nostalgia. Bejeweled is as much, if not more fun than a lot of the older games, but it gets flack because it's not "hardcore" enough.

If a game like Tetris came out today, no one would care.

That off my chest and awaiting its "nuh-uhs" Meteos is a great puzzle game that's come out in recent years.
Well, that and I don't like the prices of games so any cheaper of free way of getting those games I have no qualms against using. I also ignore commercials and don't keep up with gaming news sometimes. Since i'm satisfied with what i have.

The only way i would even bother to keep up with gaming news was if i actually had enough money to buy every little whim, but, i gotta think more realistic than that with the money i get. So, there's really no point in looking at something i can't buy if i want, then it just aggravates me. why torment myself?

Meteos i have never heard of, what system is it on?  

Satrevi

Satrevi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:45 pm
Bejeweled does have a lot of bad flash remakes. Tetris got the worst treatment for flash remakes by far though. and if you've ever played some of the flash mario remakes, you would run screaming back to the original mario games. some flash remakes just can't hold a candle of a candle of a whim of a snowballs chance in hell putting out satan's personal candle, chance of comparing to the original.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:01 pm
Satrevi
Meteos i have never heard of, what system is it on?
Meteos is on DS. Don't get the Disney one.

Satrevi
Bejeweled does have a lot of bad flash remakes. Tetris got the worst treatment for flash remakes by far though. and if you've ever played some of the flash mario remakes, you would run screaming back to the original mario games. some flash remakes just can't hold a candle of a candle of a whim of a snowballs chance in hell putting out satan's personal candle, chance of comparing to the original.
I am unlearning to think.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:05 pm
Meta_Fish
The reason you like puzzle games of old and don't much care for ones of today is because of nostalgia. Bejeweled is as much, if not more fun than a lot of the older games, but it gets flack because it's not "hardcore" enough.

If a game like Tetris came out today, no one would care.

That off my chest and awaiting its "nuh-uhs" Meteos is a great puzzle game that's come out in recent years.

Meteos is one of my favorite games of all time.
I think I'm gonna go play that now.

I used to be able to beat a level on high difficulty with one hand whilst playing clarinet. The particular song took one hand.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:19 pm
Professor Layton heart
World of Goo heart
AQUIA!~ >D
POKÉMON PUZZLE LEAGUE WAS AMAZING~
Picross DS with Picross 3D coming out this year! =3
Then there's Bust-a-move... That's FAIRLY current. Okay, not really...
Mr. Driller is pretty great although not that current...

I've been meaning to play Meteos. I could probably find it, I mean I found Picross...  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas