Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
This guild has pretty much hit the bottom of the barrel Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fix this
  Or the guild is going to die out
View Results

dl1371

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:13 pm
Lethkhar
dl1371
MiniSiets
Lethkhar
Well, if you guys would actually COMMENT on my topics... stare

Ditto. I've tried to make more intellectual threads but not many people seem interested...

The way I see it though, most of the discussion boards on Gaia (not just this one) are 95% composed of crap. You just gotta dig through and find the 5% of topics that are actually interesting and post in them.
Well that thread was a common argument found in this guild...

I think the reason this guild is so full of "WE HATE CHRISTIANS" kind of stuff is because we're all in consensus on most issues

Yeah, and no one goes to an atheist guild to discuss anything but religion, you know?
From the way this guild's topics are looking
Thats right  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:48 am
I was looking at all that gold we got just lying around in the guild vault and then saw this and thought, Gee wouldnt it be swell if they made a sub-forum for people who want to go all NeRD RaGe! so that all of that wouldnt clutter up all the srsly stuff? just a thought.  

FuzzBall 005

dl1371

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:18 pm
FuzzBall 005
I was looking at all that gold we got just lying around in the guild vault and then saw this and thought, Gee wouldnt it be swell if they made a sub-forum for people who want to go all NeRD RaGe! so that all of that wouldnt clutter up all the srsly stuff? just a thought.
Well I dunno 'bout you, but I check my guilds from the topics when I select the guild in the guilds page
Maybe we should make a separate guild to do that...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:33 am

I find that if I've got a problem with the discussion topics in a guild, then starting new threads that appeal to me seems to get better results than complaining about what everyone else is talking about.

Personally, I wouldn't mind participating in threads that, for example, take Bible stories as hypothetically true and pick them apart to show why they aren't good examples of morality even for people who believe in them... or threads about religion and/or atheism in the news.

This guild used to be a great place but it's devolved a bit and gone through some phases of Christian bashing as well as militant atheist activism - neither of which is my cup of tea. So since it seems like nearly everyone would rather see a return to the more intellectual days, then let's make it happen, eh?

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200