Submit

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:17 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:17 pm
ZeekSlider
Sui Kune

No kidding.....and his luck is uncanny, he's like a Legendary Pokemon magnet. If it weren't for his stupidity and other such flaws, he's close to being a canon-Sue.
That's another thing. Why him? Even in the second movie when they played around with the words of the ancient text, why him? Are legendary Pokemon attracted to the idiot trainers because they know they won't get captured by them? It could be that he has a pure heart and they only appear to those of purity, but that's for a very few number of them (like Jirachi where only Max can hear it).

Granted I'm not upset that he never caught them like some other people are. I mean, c'mon. Catching one of them in the show/movie timeline is like actually capturing God or Shiva in real life.

Ahhh, Zeek, good question.... here's what a very good friend of mine, Lugia, once pointed out....

You see, yes, Ash can be very dumb and immature at times. But the way he THINKS is very similar to how pokemon do.

Ever notice how he never really seems to be very worried about the future? Even Brock, who has a good heart and has a way with treating pokemon, worries for what's going to happen. It's Misty and Brock that have to get Ash to train for tournements and such.

Ash lives in the moment. He doesn't fret about the past, and he doesn't worry about the future, unless it's the immediate future. He thinks differently then most other characters on the show. That's why the rare Pokemon appear to him... it's not because they're drawn to him, it's because since he lives in the moment, he opens himself (though unwittingly) to seeing them.

Mind you, I'm remembering this from a post a looooooooong time ago, and this is sort of based on Budhist beliefs...and maybe it's looking too deeply into the story, but I really think it's a nifty theory, so I'm sticking by it.

As for my favorite pairing for Ash, I'm really a AshXDuplica supporter. I think THAT'S cute.  

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Load Chaud

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:55 am
Well... Duplica ROCKS. End of story.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:26 am
Load Chaud
EEEEESH!! I heart Duplica! If it wasn't for that episode, I wouldn't have even considered adding Ditto to my list of favorite Pokemon.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:10 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:11 am
ZeekSlider
Load Chaud
EEEEESH!! I heart Duplica! If it wasn't for that episode, I wouldn't have even considered adding Ditto to my list of favorite Pokemon.
Man, duplica is shmexeh... xd  

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Saiyajin-Neko

Magnetic Phantom

9,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:41 pm
I like the pairing...I think if anything were to happen in any situation it would be the girl who makes the first move, and Misty is perfect for that. 3nodding

And I like Ash too, the only character I dislike in the anime is Max...but I haven't seen much of Advance so i'm open to the probability of him growing on me. But in Juratchi movie I just wanted to smack him upside the head... sweatdrop I think what would have been cool would be if it was Ash, Misty, Brock and May instead of Max.

But back to the topic at hand, I'm a huge AAML fan...but I also like Shoujo-ai and think that if Misty had been there the possability of Misty/May could be open too. xd heart  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:05 am
I actually liked Max at first. He was the show's beating stick (Besides Jessie, James, and Meowth, that is). Not much has happened to him lately, so I like him less.
And if were were gonna talk female/female relationships... I personally like May and Kris (Crystal's playable female). I think Kris is much cuter than Misty! <_< >_>  

Load Chaud

Zacius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:20 am
Curse the twerps

Eats a chansey omlette  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:00 am
Saiyajin-Neko
But back to the topic at hand, I'm a huge AAML fan...but I also like Shoujo-ai and think that if Misty had been there the possability of Misty/May could be open too. xd heart
Well the first album had a song all about AAML... I found it kinda romantic, but when you watch the show it just makes me want to tell Misty to shut up. She's too sappy, and since it's a KIDS show, they can't really do anything about taking it to the next level (I mean expressing the love. I mean, some American mothers would complain about an innocent kiss on the lips. THAT is what I mean >.< Ew.)

I'm into Shoujo-Ai as well... although I guess that's kinda weird for a guy to be into it. But meh. I go to a place called Shoujo-Ai Heavens for all that sorta stuff. But that's going off topic.

Smexeh

My Storage Mule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:28 pm
yes the first cd had that whole song on the cd about how much Misty loves Ash. I think opposites attract.... and besides Misty has followed Ash around for a long long time and that sure as hell isn't because of a stupid bike. I definitely think it's going on, and i love the concept of it.... opposites attract and all that.

And yes Ash is stupid... very stupid at that.... and she's smarter than him... true... *Grins* but then again when aren't women smarter then men? hehehe  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:59 pm
krome_angel
yes the first cd had that whole song on the cd about how much Misty loves Ash. I think opposites attract.... and besides Misty has followed Ash around for a long long time and that sure as hell isn't because of a stupid bike. I definitely think it's going on, and i love the concept of it.... opposites attract and all that.

And yes Ash is stupid... very stupid at that.... and she's smarter than him... true... *Grins* but then again when aren't women smarter then men? hehehe

No, Ash isn't an example of all men, allthough I think in the case of people in general they tend to be of Ash level inteligence or below. I think there are probably some good fanfics out there where Ash/Satoshi isn't so goddamn stupid. I mean really, if it isn't thinking ahead, it's not picking up on obvious cues, and if it's not picking up on obvious cues it's being incompentent, and if it's not being incompenent or picking up on obvioous cues it's not understanding anything that requires a remote degree of inteligence.

I think that Anyone x Anyone pairings are just not gonna happen in a show like that where every episode is a duplicate of the last with the excpetion of gym battles. You don't need to see the whole show because mostly its a bunch of the same thing, over, and over, and over, and over...

I think a fanfic is in order, allthough probably not from me. I haven't really done those before and don't have enough knoledge of the show/manga not to mess it up. I don't really write fanfics anyway.

But really, I think if they remain true to the characters of the show and they don't mature any, Ash and May are probably doomed to Bachelor and Bachelorette due to their stupidity in social situations. At least for a LONG while. Brock is likely to get some much sooner than Ash, despite turning most girls off by not being devoted to just them. Maybe if he settled down and didn't travel he would have a chance.

On a note of fanfics, how about someone decides who the hell Ash's father is and makes Ash figure it out or meet his dad. And put in Sabrina and Haunter in there just for good mesure!... 0.0 I just though of something, Sabrina's has black hair, and her dad gives Ash lots of help in beating her. Maybe Ash and Sabrina are Half-Siblings! The black hair bit is cause ash has black hair where ash's mom's hair is brown.... *Toko explodes from thinking stupidly too fast*  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:15 pm
Toko-san, if you wanted my whole speel about Brock's little love situation, I'd gladly give it to you, but I don't think it's the time or the place for it X3

I do agree with your idea's on Ash and May though... they do seem to have little knowledge on social situations, though As more than May (not saying much there).

When it comes to intelligence, I think it goes alittle like this...

Brock>Tracey>Misty/Max>Ash>May

That's just my opinion, though.

Btw, Toko, Sabrina is my second fav Gym Leader, next to Brock wink  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:28 pm
Not to mention their progress in puberty is something like this (including TR, gotta love 'em!):

Jesse>Brock>James>Tracey>Misty>May>Ash>Max

Though I might give May extra points for having such big breasts for her age. o.o;;  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Seminal Contamination

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:02 pm
Perv. stare LMAO.  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items