AND WE'LL KEEP ON FIGHTING... TILL THE END  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:02 am
DOW DOW DOW DOWWW  

Al Torrenz

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 am
o, i get it.
I thought this was a Cultie-recovery-unity kind of thread.

But this is just AK being a hypocrite about Nationalism.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:14 am
I never said nationalism was bad. I said people who are assholes about it are. Me posting Queen lyrics doesn't seem very a*****e-ish to me. You are taking this Olympics stuff way too seriously.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:16 am
Dino Pakkun
I never said nationalism was bad.

Isn't nationalism a nation's feeling of superiority over another other countries in every way, shape, and form? That your country's way of life is the only way and all others are evil?

I'd say that's bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 am
Lord of Armageddon
Dino Pakkun

Isn't nationalism a nation's feeling of superiority over another other countries in every way shape and form?

I'd say that's bad.

I don't see what's bad about being proud of your country.

...for ******** sake you guys, I really don't want to get into this s**t again. I'm sorry you all hate Canada so much, but I thought the Olympics were great. If you can't handle the Canadian culties being proud of our wins then you're a ******** baby.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:23 am
Dino Pakkun
Lord of Armageddon
Dino Pakkun

Isn't nationalism a nation's feeling of superiority over another other countries in every way shape and form?

I'd say that's bad.

...for ******** sake you guys, I really don't want to get into this s**t again. I'm sorry you all hate Canada so much, but I thought the Olympics were great. If you can't handle the Canadian culties being proud of our wins then you're a ******** baby.

I never said I hated Canada.

True, nationalism is born of being proud of your country, but it's bad due to the basis of it being that you have so much pride in your country that you show little respect or even regard for another country's way of life; they're too different from yours that you consider that country inferior in every way and that makes them evil in your eyes.

And I'm happy that Canada won. You guys are good and really put us on our toes. The mocking and bitching that I make about it isn't actually serious; it's just tongue-in-cheek fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:26 am
Lord of Armageddon
Dino Pakkun
Lord of Armageddon
Dino Pakkun

I'd say that's bad.

True, nationalism is born of being proud of your country, but it's bad due to the basis of it being that you have so much pride in your country that you show little respect or even regard for another country's way of life; they're too different from yours that you consider that country inferior in every way and that makes them evil in your eyes.

WHAT THE ******** DO LYRICS TO WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS HAVE TO DO WITH THINKING THE US IS EVIL XD  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:30 am
Dino Pakkun
Lord of Armageddon
Dino Pakkun
Lord of Armageddon
Dino Pakkun

I'd say that's bad.

WHAT THE ******** DO LYRICS TO WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS HAVE TO DO WITH THINKING THE US IS EVIL XD

This has nothing to do with you chanting a Queen song to celebrate your win.

This is about you thinking that nationalism is good (or at least that's what you're implying by the past couple of posts). This is about clarifying what nationalism is. I'll bold and font-increase where my problem is.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:41 am
You guys are pathetic. I jokingly bragged about our victory, and it was nowhere near as harsh and offensive as Kuzo and Allegro were being about it. We won. The US played well, and it was REALLY close, but we won. The noble thing to do would be to let us have our time in the spotlight and then everyone will move on, but all you guys have been doing was whining about how terrible I am for being proud of my country.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:43 am
I wouldn't expect anyone here to be noble. I'd expect them to be dicks. Like me. You moose ********.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:45 am
Trenn Flashkill
I wouldn't expect anyone here to be noble. I'd expect them to be dicks. Like me. You moose ******** class="clear">

I think this thing has gotten way out of hand.

And why aren't you on MSN you s**t-faced c**k master?  

Waynebrizzle

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:46 am
Dino Pakkun
You guys are pathetic. I jokingly bragged about our victory, and it was nowhere near as harsh and offensive as Kuzo and Allegro were being about it. We won. The US played well, and it was REALLY close, but we won. The noble thing to do would be to let us have our time in the spotlight and then everyone will move on, but all you guys have been doing was whining about how terrible I am for being proud of my country.

There's nothing terrible about being proud of your country.

If you want to be patriotic and love your country, go ahead. Just don't confuse it with nationalism.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff