Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
What do you think of a girl in a heavy metal band? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Merry Christmas, happy Hanukah, whatever holiday you celebrate, just take the gold.
  Thanks!!
  You left out my holiday. *tear*
View Results

merete

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:41 am
-rockin'!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:57 am
I'm a guitarist, and I do some vocals. I've even accompanied on my violin once.  

Teh Rock

-hopefully-romantic-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:08 am
Blacke Rose
... Being a Chick in a Punk Metal band, I can say that it's awesome. You get to wear leather and spike your hair. At the moment, my hair is longer than my inseam. cool You can imagine. And take that neat-o spray-colour stuff that glows in the dark and colour the spikes. It's just fun all around. And I so rock harder than those random, generic, dispassionate vocalists. Vocalists in general are useless. If you can't play something, go dance in back, says I. They couldn't rock my spit valve. pirate

Edit: You forgot Festivus! The Holiday for the restivus!

ya well you kno, that kinda upset me seein as vocalists can be passionate about singing and have meaning without having to play an instrument. maybe their actually more focussed on their vocals because they dont play an instrument, oh n the purpose of havin a band is that there are diff pplz who play diff instruments, that's so that they don't HAVE to multi-task by singing and playin an instrument, sure, theres a choice of singin+playin an instrument and i respect those people but the fact that you don't respect the people who devote themselves to singin dissapoints me  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:53 pm
got_rock
I'm a guitarist, and I do some vocals. I've even accompanied on my violin once.

awesome, just make sure your Great at guitar. and its cool you sing, I like chick singers in metal. makes good for power metal.  

W1nterSold1er

owhatshername

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:00 am
just like a guy as long as they can play and do a good job then it dousnt matter they are guy or girl  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 pm
I say that if you can rock and do hard I say go for it. I have two girls in my band, best guitairist and drummer I've ever seen. Plus, I find that girls are more creative, both of the girls in my band have come up with ideas and riffs that I could of never thought of. All I have to say is rock on and who gives what the ******** others say. It's your band, your expression, if they don't see that you are the s**t then they are just a bunch of narrowminded a-holes.  

Ninrei

Ice-Blue Stare

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:45 pm
i'm creating a heavy metal band that's mostly girls. because i go to an all girls school and i actually found someone who shares my enthusiasm w/heavy metal. i guess i can get some of my guy friends to join as well, if need be.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:59 pm
metal girls are hot. metal band members that are girls down right sexy.  

TheUnabomber

SUCH HEROIC NONSENSE

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:50 am
Im a lead singer in a black metal band.
Personally I find it refreshing.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:42 pm
I've really only heard one it's called letters of warning I like it. O does evanesence count.  

eddievedder#1

I am the king of rock.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:39 pm
makes no difference to me...just so long as its ok..at least...but full support of it though  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:15 pm
No offence being given... just stating some facts...

The only reasons i wouldn't want a girl in my band:

They usually have short fingers... Im not hitting at your playing, just saying they might have trouble hitting upwards of the 20's on the low E and A strings. This might also decrease playspeed... And shorter fingers means more motion, means more energy wasted, means hands tired faster...

And I could never deal with a chick PMS'ing at me while we were on tour lol

(No offence intended, most is a joke, including the PMS part)

Camdon

Teh Rock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:48 pm
Camdon
No offence being given... just stating some facts...

The only reasons i wouldn't want a girl in my band:

They usually have short fingers... Im not hitting at your playing, just saying they might have trouble hitting upwards of the 20's on the low E and A strings. This might also decrease playspeed... And shorter fingers means more motion, means more energy wasted, means hands tired faster...

And I could never deal with a chick PMS'ing at me while we were on tour lol

(No offence intended, most is a joke, including the PMS part)

At first, yes, I did have trouble with those strings, but my friends and my teacher said that it was natural. I disagree though. Being a girl doesn't gauruntee(did I spell that right?) that I will have shorter fingers. Really it depends on genetics. Now, I can go kinda fast on those strings.

I'm so not that kind of girl, though. Total tomboy. My first 3 really close friends were guys. One of them is the creator of our band. I wouldn't do that 'cause me and the guys are all great friends.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:29 am
It doesn't matter what sex you are, as long as you can make some crazy metal music and destroy your guitar, bass, and drum in the process, or something like that you can do whatever the hell you want, as long as I can hear some loud screaming in the process and the word 'Death' then I really don't care, or you can do what slipknot did and have 9 people in the band, then one of them has to be a women, but don't leave her out in the cold, because we would have to kill you!  

SGTFROG543

GSA for life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:26 am
I think girls in a rock band are awesome. It's like its hard yet there is still something angelic in it. Like flyleaf. They are my favorite band. The has such the prettiest voice but it still rocks if you get what i mean. So if there are any girls in a rock band you go and rock it out.  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff