Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leather, Chains, and Naughty Games.

Back to Guilds

For everyone and their kinks. 

Tags: BDSM, Kinky, Bondage, Naughty 

Reply Tea And Biscuits (For anything off topic. Our... CB, If you will)
A nice chat thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:35 pm
Siegfried006
I myself prefer the movie over the comic with Watchmen. Simply because it was more plasible with Jon's energy then a giant alien.

I sadly has to agree with you there ....... but i guess there is a slight miscalculation there:
If from a known source, the war-makers might attack this source, and since US contributed from Jon's power's a long time, they possibly would ALL go attack the US, in several ways ......
Also, i really think the "Fight Scenes" was .... too skilled, and too much.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:14 pm
I believe with the movie the guy did a great Roshach (cant spell his name). He was gritty, kicking a**, not taking anything from anyone. He was also dirty.
As for Jon, both movie and comic he was a depressing SOB. But when the energy explosion killed all those people in New York, THAT was a way better reason for Jon to leave then him saying Im going, bye!
As for the fights, I personally liked them. They are more emotion then the comic. In the comic they fought for like 4 panels then stopped to hear the genius guy out. In the movie he was explaining himself and kicking their butts at the same time. So I thought that was better.  

Siegfried006

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:50 pm
That was my point with the fight scenes:
They were too good, simply.
The idea with the comic/graphic novel seems to have been to make it as .... "realistic" as possible, under the circumstances.

And Jon left, originally, because he had no emotional ties left on earth.
SOB might be a bit harsh, since he was locked in a kind of fate ......

But i agree with Rorshach, he got virtually perfect.

.... And don't get me wrong on the fighting scenes:
I really delight in movies like "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", and the Hong Kong-Movies made by Jackie Chan, but those have a differen tone to them to begin with .....  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm
It was a little artzy for a movie coming from a gritty comic, but thats hollywood.
And yea, I am a little hard on Jon. But hell a kid with terminal cancer had more optimism. @_@  

Siegfried006

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:04 pm
But then, he was locked in some kind of fate, so he had reason to be depressed, or rather, depressing.
However, i think he seems even a bit happy at the end of the story ....... at least in the Comic.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:11 pm
Oh yea, in the comic he smiles. I was creeped out going Holy crap he smiles! lol
And yea, I could see the whole issue with him having all that power, awareness to the stream of time, etc. But really, he didnt have to always be the sour grape.  

Siegfried006

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:08 am
I alwaus thought of Jon as .... more emotionless ...... or rather, in hindsight, trying to be ......

On the other hand, being able to obliterate tanks, even a whole lot of them at the same time, and even teleport people ...... but at the same time being unable to stop Comedian from shooting a pregnant woman, and seemmingly experiencing a sorrowful quarrel with his original girlfriend, at the same time as he is snuggling with the new Silk Spectre, his coming girlfriend ....... AND witnessing the burial of the comedian ......
.... I think that might turn anyone into a "sour grape" ......

Maybe we should talk of something less sour, anyway .... hm?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:47 am
(Inserting something less sour) Okay! Let's do this. What is y'alls favorite bands and/or songs? My favorite band is Story of the Year. =] Okay. Y'alls turn.  

Shy Risktaker

Siegfried006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:01 am
A few bands I like is 30 seconds to mars, Distrubed, Trapt, and Daughtry. A few songs I like are The Kill, Beautiful Lie, Through the Fire and Flames, Leave Out All The Rest, Snow White Queen, Indestructable, Headstrong, Let Her Cry, Influence just to name a few. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:15 am
My favourite Bands/Artists, even if i doesn't listen to them every day (or even every week (?!) , is:
Within Temptation, Evanescence, Lordi(look at the Music Video in my Profile) , Space Age Baby Jane, and things from the 80's like Pat Benatar, Kizz, Blondie/Debbie Harry, Queen .........
Also, i really like the Soundtrack to Animes: Bubblegum Crisis, (Original) Hellsing Series, Full Metal Panic, and Record of Lodoss' War.  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

TheMerryQueenofHearts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:32 am
Hello strangers
ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:09 pm
TheMerryQueenofHearts
Hello strangers
ninja

Hello!
heart
Do you have any favourite Music?  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

Siegfried006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:42 pm
TheMerryQueenofHearts
Hello strangers
ninja
Nahahaha! Fresh meat for the chat thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:22 pm
Tiina Brown
TheMerryQueenofHearts
Hello strangers
ninja

Hello!
heart
Do you have any favourite Music?

yes I do! My top three favorite bands are Mad Sin, Reverend Horton Heat, and the Nekromantix!! Those aren't the only bands I like though. If you want to hear more of what I like, go to my profile. It's mostly rockabilly/psychobilly.
And Ziggy...why does the statement make me dubious of being here?  

TheMerryQueenofHearts

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:25 am
Because of the formulation of the comment.
I think he's over-reacting.  
Tea And Biscuits (For anything off topic. Our... CB, If you will)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games