Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Monster Hunter Tri~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you hunt
  Sword and Shield: Jack of all trades. Defense, mobility, light raw slashing damage with good elemental and status damage
  Lance: Defensive wall. The lance's shield is almost impregnable, and while raw damage is light, you can get in lots of pokes and keep your shield up. Good elemental damage
  Longsword: Offense only. Fast chaining combo swings, good raw power, good elemental power. Be ready to resharpen
  Greatsword: Offense and defense, low mobility. Incredible crushing and slashing power, can block. big, slow, and devastating. Charge attack is deadly powerful
  Hammer: Offense and mobility. Short reach, high power. Besides greatswords has some of the best raw power of all weapon types. Aim for the head.
  Switch Axe: Speed and power when you need them. Just switch from an axe to a sword depending on the situation. Elemental discharge to rip through monsters.
  Bowgun: The bigger the gun the more powerful the ammo fired, but larger weapons have less mobility. Stay back and let the blademasters take the front lines.
  Gunlance, Dual Swords, Hunting Horn, Bow: My weapon was taken from me. Damn you Capcom!
  Undecided: Still have to get comfortable with everything? That's fine. There will be hunters to back you up online.
View Results

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:36 pm
Dino Pakkun
That longsword looks pretty sexy
Most people who pick longsword stick with it. It does enormous damage. I use it sometimes when I fight enemies that can take a lot of punishment, but don't present much danger like Lao Shen Lung.

@ Xilo: I am a hammer user, a lancer too, both of those destroy the head. Hammer cause > 90% of monsters are weak to bashing damage on the head, while slicing damage varies in area. Lance is good on the head cause it has long reach and you can poke upward. In the older games you could "headlock" by jabbing the monster in the head a whole bunch and stunning it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:34 pm
For whatever reason I'm getting pumped for this game. I wanna take down the big uglies with my friends. biggrin  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:41 pm
Trenn Flashkill
For whatever reason I'm getting pumped for this game. I wanna take down the big uglies with my friends. biggrin

YEAAAAAAHHH  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:42 pm
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

YEAAAAAAHHH
We gunna do it!  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:03 pm
At the cost of having no Carapacions(Crabs), only one Piscine(Finned wyverns), and no Pelagus(Large Mammals), I hope the addition of the Brute Wyverns(T REXES!) and the Leviathans(Sea serpents) is a fair trade.

It seems kinda weird only having a sand swimming Piscine in the game they introduced underwater environments into though. I hate Plesioth, but maybe underwater he wouldn't be so bad. Maybe a DLC mission?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:45 pm
I think any trade is fair for T Rex and Leviathan.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:51 pm
Trenn Flashkill
I think any trade is fair for T Rex and Leviathan.
We got 3 t rexs too. The little ones are Barroth(Rock forehead) and Uragaan(Fist Chin)

The third is a big ol crocodile spike jaw thing that can make your weapon either stop criting or makes it do negative crits.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:35 pm
wow a monster that can make you do negative crits? now thats scary. it'd be like goin out hunting a deer and all of a sudden your 12 gauge is shootin like a pellet rifle. and the deer is rabid and mad.  

Xilo The Odd

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:45 pm
Xilo The Odd
wow a monster that can make you do negative crits? now thats scary. it'd be like goin out hunting a deer and all of a sudden your 12 gauge is shootin like a pellet rifle. and the deer is rabid and mad.
Affinity is a stat that measures how often you do crits, and he lowers your affinity. Neg crits aren't too bad though they do 3/4 instead of 1/2. You can also gem your armor or find armor that gives the Expert skill. That brings affinity up. With high enough affinity he may not be able to bring it down past 0%. The average weapon has like 5% and some of the ones made for criting have like 25%. Plus Expert you are looking 35% and unless he can drop it that much you won't neg crit. Then again if you have 0% affinity and he can drop it 25% you are looking at 1 in 4 attacks being 3/4 damage.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:03 pm
This game's gonna rock. Yeah, I'm getting it.  

L a s t B a s t a r d

Owwin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:58 pm
L a s t B a s t a r d
This game's gonna rock. Yeah, I'm getting it.
That's good to hear. Ever played any other MH games?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:40 pm
man that second quest on the demo is a b***h, took me awhile to realise he was healing, even then i keep running out of time and getting so close to killing him. that or he summons a rathian which proceeds to rape me.  

Xilo The Odd

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:53 pm
Xilo The Odd
man that second quest on the demo is a b***h, took me awhile to realise he was healing, even then i keep running out of time and getting so close to killing him. that or he summons a rathian which proceeds to rape me.
Pecco is gonna be one of the huge pain in the a** monsters. Especially if they re introduce multiple target missions like. "Kill 2 Qorucopecco before the time limit runs out" and there are bigger monsters all around that the pecco can call, plus them healing each other.

One of the big problems you guys haven't even had to deal with yet is tracking. In the demo they show you where the monster is at all times, but in the final game you are gonna have to either roam until you find the monster, or use a psychoserum, then when you know where it is you gotta paintball it every once in a while so you can chase it, becasue when they run to sleep and you can't find them it is annoying as piss.

The good news is that other than gathering missions and small fry stuff like that, the time limit is almost never 20 minutes. You get 50 for a lot of them that only take 25. They only make it 20 minutes because it is a demo. I can barely kill pecco in the 20 minute limit with anything other than my hammer.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:43 pm
Owwin
Xilo The Odd
Pecco is gonna be one of the huge pain in the a** monsters. Especially if they re introduce multiple target missions like. "Kill 2 Qorucopecco before the time limit runs out" and there are bigger monsters all around that the pecco can call, plus them healing each other.

One of the big problems you guys haven't even had to deal with yet is tracking. In the demo they show you where the monster is at all times, but in the final game you are gonna have to either roam until you find the monster, or use a psychoserum, then when you know where it is you gotta paintball it every once in a while so you can chase it, becasue when they run to sleep and you can't find them it is annoying as piss.

The good news is that other than gathering missions and small fry stuff like that, the time limit is almost never 20 minutes. You get 50 for a lot of them that only take 25. They only make it 20 minutes because it is a demo. I can barely kill pecco in the 20 minute limit with anything other than my hammer.
yay now i don't feel so bad! i get him limping at about 15 mins, then he either gets far away or the rathian sneaks up on me.  

Xilo The Odd

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:52 am
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items