Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Share your current HGSS adventure with me! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:45 am
@Tia: Same here. AND NOW YOU HAVE TO PLAY. gonk Maybe if they had lowered the prices, but they didn't. So it's 10,000 coins for the TMs. I wept.

Huh. Well, they still give some good EXP, so all's good.

I have the Bike and the DWSN Machine/Itemfinder registered. Thought I'd have one of the Rods, too, but the Itemfinder is waaay more useful to me.

Now to just get a Metal Coat so I can evolve him into a Steelix. (Then I can get Steelix cuddles. gonk )

Haha, apparently so. I was like, "SO WE MEET AGAIN, ICE CAVE." then ten minutes later I was in Blackthorn.

@Shippo: Huh. I haven't heard about that. But then again, I haven't used the Walker all that much yet. I guess it'll be a lesson learned like with the Daycare: Pay attention if you want to keep/learn certain moves.

@Cassidy: Yes! They're in the Mountain area. And you get access to the Safari Zone as soon as you get to Cianwood.

As for me, I spent all evening yesterday getting my team up to 40, and ended up beating Clair with only my Ampharos and my Seadra. Though there was some luck, too; I wanted to paralyze her Kingdra so I could get the upper hand, but my Ampharos was in the red and was slower, so I figured she'd just get KO'd before she could get Thunder Wave off. Well, I was right, but Kindgra still got paralyzed due to her Static ability. 4laugh

And I could've sworn Crystal's Extremespeed Dratini was included, but I got nothing from the Elder in the Dragon's Den.

"After you have defeated Clair in the Blackthorn Gym, she will send you on a quest into the Dragon.s Den. Deep inside the den you will discover a building with the elders. These Elders will ask you questions about how you raise your Pokémon. After the questions are answered, he will give you a Dratini. If you answer his questions with the compassionate responses, the Dratini will know the special move; ExtremeSpeed. If you don't answer with those responses, it will just know its basic moves."

Says Serebii. Hmmm.

Anyway, going to spend today getting my team to 50 before taking on the League. Hooray level grinding.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:32 pm
I restarted my game. I as loosing sleep over natures. ******** gen 4 and competitive battles made me neurotic.

Okay, seriously do natures matter ingame?

Should I not be stressing?

Because it's starting to make me neurotic. Rofl. I hate the nature system.

Did ANYONE else care about the natures? Or are they just playing the game?

EDIT: Also, is the GTS trading glitch still alive?  

Bulbasauur

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:24 pm
I am planning to go crazy with IV/Nature breeding (when I start).

And EV training.
Heck yes.

But not right away, no.
Too complicated to start right off the bat. xP

I suggest worrying about it later on.

Note: ALSOALSO, the IV breeding thing is different in HG/SS.
Apparently you can use the power items to transfer a certain IV when breeding.
FOR SURE.
(and it will still be able to get another one at the same time!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:25 pm
Bulbasauur
I restarted my game. I as loosing sleep over natures. ******** gen 4 and competitive battles made me neurotic.

Okay, seriously do natures matter ingame?

Should I not be stressing?

Because it's starting to make me neurotic. Rofl. I hate the nature system.

Did ANYONE else care about the natures? Or are they just playing the game?

EDIT: Also, is the GTS trading glitch still alive?

Natures do not matter what-so-ever in game. My team's Natures? Naughty Typhlosion, Hasty Steelix, Adamant Ampharos, Brave Pidgeot, Lax Kingdra, and Hardy Espeon. Horrible Natures, according to com.bat. But they kick so much a**, it's ridiculous. They were in their lower 40s and still OHKO'd my rival's Ambush-You-At-The-Exit-To-Victory-Road team.

Natures only matter in competitive battle.

Or if you want to create an in-game version of a character. Like, when I get around to doing the Shinto/Shinjo Ruins event, I'm tempted to soft reset until I get a Bold Palkia/Impish Dialga/Adamant Giratina (still haven't decided which), because my Palkia character is Bold, Lunar Dreaming's Dialga character (my Palkia's huband) is Impish, and Mintmousing's Giratina character (enemy to my Palkia; uneasy ally to Lunar's Dialga) is Adamant.

tl;dr: i don't give a flying ******** about natures for my in-game team, and you guys know how hardcore com.bat i am.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

gym leader luna

Lonely Star

14,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:38 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Or if you want to create an in-game version of a character. Like, when I get around to doing the Shinto/Shinjo Ruins event, I'm tempted to soft reset until I get a Bold Palkia/Impish Dialga/Adamant Giratina (still haven't decided which), because my Palkia character is Bold, Lunar Dreaming's Dialga character (my Palkia's huband) is Impish, and Mintmousing's Giratina character (enemy to my Palkia; uneasy ally to Lunar's Dialga) is Adamant.

fufufufufu

Aaaaaaanyway...

I'm only up to Ecruteak, I'm so slow gonk Because I keep having to grind levels, sigh. Butyeah, my current team:

Fremere the Quilava♀ (level 20)
Picolit the Natu♂ (level 24, I am grinding to take on Morty)
Bianca the Oddish♀ (level 16.....)
Seracila the Flaaffy♀ (level 20)
Alruna the Larvitar♀ (level 21)
Gogh the Wooper♂ (level 17)

do u c wat i did thar with the names User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:06 pm
@Tippy - Thanks, I needed to hear that. Rofl. It was starting to make me OCD. I really do not like the Nature system. I wish that Natures existed, but they didn't affect stats.

I was thinking of going for in-game:

Typhlosion
Steelix
Lanturn
Espeon
Noctowl

Any suggestions to fill the last slot? I might just wing it. I wish we still got the eggs from the daycare guy.  

Bulbasauur

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:08 pm
just put it in your mouth
stayed up for three days straight on cold coffee and jolt gum. beat red
Been playing much? xp Actually on the subject of Red, I just kicked his butt on my Crystal version last night. With these guys:
Tyranitar: Level 58 (Riku)
Murkrow: Level 55 (Pluto)
Magmar: Level 54 (Benden)
Electabuzz: Level 56 (Telgar)
...No joke. I went up against him fully expecting to lose, and not one of them fainted. (Though Telgar came rather close to it after getting a Flamethrower in the face from Charizard) The only item I used was a Paralyz Heal after Snorlax's Body Slam paralyzed my Riku. I didn't even have to send out my Kilma (Vaporeon) or Sorka (Shiny Jynx). I bet I wont get away with a stunt like THAT in Soul Silver...

@Bulb: You should get an Ice or Dragon type to fill that last slot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:52 pm
I just finished fighting Bugsy... And my team currently is: Growlithe (17), Absol (21), Luxio (16), Totodile (17), Dratini (17), and Eevee (15).
I want to turn my Eevee into an Espeon.~

But I just looooove this game (Got it yesterday). The upgraded gyms are what I'm most impressed with so far. Although the spider web thing in Bugsy's gym was a tad irritating.

Tsume_Azuna

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:59 pm
lunar dreaming
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

fufufufufu

Clearly, I need to get Palkia, you Dialga, and Mouse Giratina. User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:11 pm
I'm still having trouble with Bugsy's Scyther, but my team as of now is a Hoothoot (12), Flaaffy (16), and Bayleef (21).

I also went out with my PokeWalker today! I picked up the most convenient clasp/strap for it (I don't trust the belt clip because I've been known to knock things out of deep pockets, and I spent most of the day around water). I had my Togepi on it, and caught a Paras! I've taken my Togepi back and put my Gastly on it.  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

Bulbasauur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:34 pm
Update:

I just beat Falkner. I decided to just take my time on the game and enjoy every aspect of it.

So far I'm only:

Quilava lv 17
Hoot-Hoot lv 16

I'm thinking I'm going to spend more time leveling. The thing about Johto is that the pokemon in the wild are really really weak.

Also, I love how they made good use of the DS's second screen. 2 registered items! I've been waiting for that since the game came out. Also, I don't think I've turned my sprint feature off since I've gotten the running shoes.

I like how the PC is straight forward. They tell you the nature, ability, held item, pretty much everything you care about rofl. If only they showed hidden things, like IVs, or EVs... but I don't think GF has any plans to ever do that. That'd just make things less tedious for us com.bat freaks, wouldn't it. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:43 pm
Girlfriend stopped by with her DS today. Transferred 2 eggs, my Pichu & Jirachi onto the cartridge. Jirachi is in the PokeWalker now. Hatched a female Poliwag! Named it Peep Frog whee Bayleef & Flaaffy are in their 20s now, Hoothoot hit 20 and evolved into Noctowl 3nodding Just beat my rival in the burned tower.

Waiting for Tyranitar egg to hatch.  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

Mr Popo in your mouth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:55 pm
got the game.
stayed up 2 days on cold coffee and jolt gum.
beat the game.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:09 pm
got the game.
beat the game.

jesus
are you not in school?

I got me a Heracross pirate

So now its...

Quilava lv 24
Noctowl lv 22
Heracross lv 19

i'm on my way to fight Whitney  

Bulbasauur

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:19 am
got the game.
beat the game.
You said THREE days when you posted earlier...  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff