Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Zombies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you usually have:
  Good dreams
  Bad dreams
  Weird dreams
  Prophetic dreams
  No dreams/can't remember
View Results

Helsa

5,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:57 pm
CemeteryPirate
I yearn for the day when zombies walk the Earth so I can bust out my shotgun and shoot some in the head!! twisted
Maybe even keep one as a pet... but not before we won the war against them...

"Wanna buy an Ed?"
"Ed!" -Shaun of the Dead  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:36 am
now, damnit, i know i posted in here like a week ago.... confused  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:12 pm
As long as the zombies don't start running and jumping, most of us are good to go.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:53 pm
There's an awful lot of zombie info out there...but from what I've learned (and I'm far from an expert) zombies commonly fit the descriptions of either the movie/video game description: walking dead that wants your brains for snacks, or the voodoo zombie that is a popular myth/story in some branches of Haitian and West Africa. The latter is more akin to slavery, since it's said that people are brought very close to death by a subtance created by a 'witch doctor'. Then the legend goes that those people are buried, dug up, and, if still alive, slaves, since their brain cells die from lack of oxygen. I'm not entirely sure this would really work. As others have said before me, a disease that puts people into a 'trance', is possible, but it is unlikely that zombies will suddenly appear and start munching on anyone's brains. I hope this helps.
For some more info, you may want to look at this link:
http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Zombie  

Mala_Silver

6,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:51 pm
Mala_Silver
There's an awful lot of zombie info out there...but from what I've learned (and I'm far from an expert) zombies commonly fit the descriptions of either the movie/video game description: walking dead that wants your brains for snacks, or the voodoo zombie that is a popular myth/story in some branches of Haitian and West Africa. The latter is more akin to slavery, since it's said that people are brought very close to death by a substance created by a 'witch doctor'. Then the legend goes that those people are buried, dug up, and, if still alive, slaves, since their brain cells die from lack of oxygen. I'm not entirely sure this would really work. As others have said before me, a disease that puts people into a 'trance', is possible, but it is unlikely that zombies will suddenly appear and start munching on anyone's brains. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the interesting link! Great info! I appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:22 pm
Okay, kids, I suggest you seperate fact from fiction.
Fact: Zombies in the traditional sense are not biting and infecting people, and the state is used as a punishment.
Fiction:
For the film The serpent and the rainbow, the director scientificalised that zombieism has a scientific part, i.e., lack of oxigen during paralytical state.

There are exactly two forms of Zombies.
1. a Rada Zombie: Usually, a state of punishment. someone who has repetetly not listened and has threatened the hougan is subjected to paralythical poisons, and burried alive. by stronbg magic, his Loa/ soul is driven out of his body, and left there. The person is left there, helpless, without a will, and easy prey, just fitted with the very basic instincts.
2. The Petro Zombie. Not neccesarily as a punishment. In basics, the person is burried alive in a paralyzed state, driven insane by good timing of the end of the poison and the burrial ceremony, his soul is stolen and stored in a soulbag, and the soul-less body is then forced to do the hougans bidding. Most likely, that includes crude, menial labour.

So, No, not likely that anytime soon, you will meet a zombie plague, because mothers tend to be singular at best. the biggest incidents were allways farms of plantations with 30 - 40 Zombies at most, working without complaint for their master.

May you meet the ghede on their nice side  

Baltazaar

the_hitman_jerry

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:22 pm
Mala_Silver
There's an awful lot of zombie info out there...but from what I've learned (and I'm far from an expert) zombies commonly fit the descriptions of either the movie/video game description: walking dead that wants your brains for snacks, or the voodoo zombie that is a popular myth/story in some branches of Haitian and West Africa. The latter is more akin to slavery, since it's said that people are brought very close to death by a subtance created by a 'witch doctor'. Then the legend goes that those people are buried, dug up, and, if still alive, slaves, since their brain cells die from lack of oxygen. I'm not entirely sure this would really work. As others have said before me, a disease that puts people into a 'trance', is possible, but it is unlikely that zombies will suddenly appear and start munching on anyone's brains. I hope this helps.

That was some sweet sweet info, thanks for the link. Ohh by the way guys, did you know that zombies and ghouls are almost the same, while a zombie is brought to life by magic regardless of sex, the ghoul is basically the victim of a vampire...I know is a little confusing but here's the deal...

To actually become a ghoul you have to get bitten by a opposite sex vampire and...well... no longer be a virgin. thats of course if the vampire dont suck you dry, i know its a little too much of a fantasy but I just decided to give the info to you guys, just in case.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:23 am
Mistreena
For the past year, ever since watching Resident Evil with my family, I have been having zombie dreams. They actually aren't really recurring dreams, since they are different every time. I'm running down the street to warn my fiance; I am hiding in the attic to avoid them; I'm in the military fighting them; I'm in a field driving as fast as I can away from them; sometimes it looks like they are going to kill me, sometimes I kill them, sometimes it looks like they are going to talk to me, or are slightly intelligent, but most of the time they are rotting flesh desiring to eat me. I always wake up in a sweat, and am unable to sleep due to fear.
Occasionally I get a different dream, where it is a ghost instead of zombies, but most often zombies. I am a paranoid person by nature, but zombies are unreasonable! ... aren't they?

Does anyone else fear zombies, think that there will be a zombie plague at some point (I know for a fact there are people who believe it), or can think why I may be having these dreams/fear? Any help to get rid of them?

Go out and get the zombie survival guide. Greatest zombie book ever made.  

Mandalore of the West

4,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:26 pm
lostprophetwinter
Mistreena
For the past year, ever since watching Resident Evil with my family, I have been having zombie dreams. They actually aren't really recurring dreams, since they are different every time. I'm running down the street to warn my fiance; I am hiding in the attic to avoid them; I'm in the military fighting them; I'm in a field driving as fast as I can away from them; sometimes it looks like they are going to kill me, sometimes I kill them, sometimes it looks like they are going to talk to me, or are slightly intelligent, but most of the time they are rotting flesh desiring to eat me. I always wake up in a sweat, and am unable to sleep due to fear.
Occasionally I get a different dream, where it is a ghost instead of zombies, but most often zombies. I am a paranoid person by nature, but zombies are unreasonable! ... aren't they?

Does anyone else fear zombies, think that there will be a zombie plague at some point (I know for a fact there are people who believe it), or can think why I may be having these dreams/fear? Any help to get rid of them?

Go out and get the zombie survival guide. Greatest zombie book ever made.

I liked World War Z better, myself. Kind of the applied version of the Guide.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:56 pm
the_hitman_jerry
Mala_Silver

That was some sweet sweet info, thanks for the link. Ohh by the way guys, did you know that zombies and ghouls are almost the same, while a zombie is brought to life by magic regardless of sex, the ghoul is basically the victim of a vampire...I know is a little confusing but here's the deal...

To actually become a ghoul you have to get bitten by a opposite sex vampire and...well... no longer be a virgin. thats of course if the vampire dont suck you dry, i know its a little too much of a fantasy but I just decided to give the info to you guys, just in case.

Where is your information coming from? This seems oddly specific for a topic that has very little actual evidence behind it.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items