Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avatar: New Age of the Four Nations

Back to Guilds

An Avatar: The Last Airbender role-playing guild for AVATARDS! 

Tags: Avatar, Airbending, Firebending, Waterbending, Earthbending 

Reply Fire Nation
Fire Fountain City Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:35 pm
User Image

Maiyu's eyes narrowed dangerously as she stood there, torn between two choices. On one hand, she could lash out, and completely destroy this man, never mind what he said about guards coming to look for her and lock her away. Like that was anything new. And he was just so smug, so...arrogant. Her hands itched to send blast of fire his way, and send him jumping backwards for safety. Oh, how Maiyu longed to attack him. "Do not act so smug and self-assured, little boy." She hissed angrily. "Do you think that because I am a girl, I know not how to fight? These swords are not just for decoration, wretch. And we are not in the Water Tribe. Attack me first then, and we'll see who puts up a better fight. As for your threat about the guards, it matters not to me." Maiyu tossed a strand of sleek ebony hair over her shoulder, her expression turning from angry to haughty. "You are not the only one who can order them around, and a group of burly, empty-headed, weapon-wielding men do not scare me. Jails and prisons are easy enough to break out of." Everything about this unknown man grated on her nerves, and Maiyu grit her teeth, trying hard to control her temper. She titled her head when Hogosya spoke. There was logic in his words, but her pride refused to listen. To back down would be to submit. And her honor would not be able to handle such a shameful thing. "He is hardly a problem for us." Maiyu snapped, tightening her grip on her sword. "There is but one of him, and two of us. Hardly what would be considered a fair fight." She turned back to the unknown stranger, gaze cold, struggling to come to a decision that she would not later regret.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:45 pm
User Image

Hogosya, the Lonely Warrior

"Then could we perhaps ignore him, if he is so meaningless. I would rather avoid a fight in this crowded marketplace." As he said this, he gestured around him. While they were standing there, a crowd had started to gather, with adults whispering and children stareing in awe at the woman's flaming hand.

"Not only would we injure them, but my cover would be blown, we would be sent to jail, with one of us possibly sent to a place he would rather not go, and at the end of it all, it would not be worth it to fight just one person."

He withdrew his hands into his cloak, so that none of him showed except the robe itself, and started walking down the street away from the crowd. "If your offer still stands, then lets go find something to eat, and we can discuss it more."

Lord Arkon

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:50 pm
User Image

Maiyu finally looked around, and realized that, yes, they had drawn rather a crowd. Not exactly the best plan of action for a female ex-noble. Frowning, she let the flames in her hand fade away, and sheathed her sword. Had these peasants never seen a Firebender before? Suddenly feeling the weight of their gazes and stares, she looked away, her focus pointedly on the ground. Maiyu was used to be stared at, and awe was nothing new. But today, it felt...different. Wrong somehow, like the whole thing left a bad taste in her mouth. "You are right. He is nothing, and not worth my attention. He is just like a little bug, buzzing through the air. Not worth my time, I shall just ignore it, and know that sooner or later, it will go away." She said finally, turning away from the man. "I would not want to injure these people, who have done nothing to wrong me. And breaking out of jail would be a waste of my time. There are more important things I should be doing with my life." Maiyu still longed to attack the man, but was forced to conclude that doing so would only be a waste of time and energy. The lust for battle and fighting had long ago been bred into the people of the Fire Nation. However, with time, perhaps she could learn to control this dangerous urge. "Yes, my offer still stands. Why would it not?" She asked Hogosya crossly, turning on heel and following after him. There were still many things that she needed to get. But they could wait until after lunch. After all, they would still be there.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:32 pm
User Image

He was glad that she had come with him. Although he had no doubt in her mind that she could have won that fight, and escaped any trouble afterwards, it was still good not to have to go through th hassle.

"Well," he said, "I find that strong women such as yourself usually dont like it when a man tells them they shouldnt kill someone."

He stopped outiside a noodle resturaunt. "I love noodles...we didnt have them very often where I grew up. Do you mind?" He asked her.

Lord Arkon

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:38 pm
User Image

Maiyu followed behind Hogosya, anger still pounding in her bloodstream, although she did her best to ignore it. No point dwelling on what she could not change. And Hogosya had been right. Fighting that man, and, quite possibly, getting thrown in jail for disturbing the peace would not have been a good way to spend her energy and time. Still, even though she tried to convince herself of this, it was hard to ignore the way her mind scream shame and dishonor for running away from a fight. She wasn't a coward. Maiyu knew she wasn't a coward. But that didn't make it any easier to walk away from a fight. Stirred from her thoughts by the sound of Hogosya's voice, she frowned, and tried to recall what he had said just seconds earlier. Perhaps she should have been paying attention in the first place. "Compliments will not get you very far." She told him in a frosty voice, although a small part of her still glowed with pride and happiness at his praise. "I saw the sense in your words. That is the only reason I did not engage our mysterious friend in a fight. It is good to have someone like you around." The last part came out soft and thoughtful, like she had not meant to say it allowed. "Someone who can tell me when to back down, and someone who will tell me when there is a fight I cannot win." Shaking her head to rid her mind of such thoughts, Maiyu looked with mild distaste at the restaurant Hogosya had chosen. "No. I care not where we eat." She said shortly, tucking away that tidbit of information for future reference.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:35 pm
User Image

He rubbed his hands together under his cloak. He hadnt been lying, he really did love noodles and would stop whenever he saw a resturant for them.

He opened the door and peeked inside. Luckily, people were going to lunch now so the place was busy. Him and the woman could speak in here without being remembered...Also it ment that the noodles here were good, he thought to himself.

Holding the door open for Maiyu, he entered behind her and walked to a table farthest from the bar. He pulled the chair out for her, and sat down in the one across from it.

"So...what would you like to know?"

Lord Arkon

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:09 pm
User Image

Walking automatically through the door that Hogosya held open for her, Maiyu didn't stop to think about what she had done (and what he had done) until she was standing in the middle of the restaurant, looking around at all the families happily slurping up noodles. Then is struck her, and she turned to him, a half frown on her face, although it as clear that her thoughts were still far, far away. "I appreciate the gesture, and I thank you for holding the door open for me. But there's really no need. You don't have to do it because I'm a noble, and you most certainly don't have to do it because I'm a girl. Next time, I can do it myself." Maiyu smiled at him, although it was clear her thoughts were elsewhere. When he pulled out the chair for her, Maiyu just sighed, and shook her head before sitting down. She's argue this one a different time. Right now, there were other things to think about. "Thank you. And I'll buy." She said softly, reaching into her purse, and pulling out a handful of coins. "I must admit that I know nothing about buying food from a restaurant, odd as that may sound. Will this be enough?" Glancing around at the other patrons nervously, Maiyu placed the handful of coins on the table's surface, and leaned forward, hands folded in her lap. "I want to know why you are in the Fire Nation, and who you are running from." She said in a low, but clear voice. "If we are going to travel along together, I need to know who might be seeking you out." Her eyes had finally lost that distant look, and were instead fixed unblinkingly on Hogosya.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:50 pm
User Image
Kaiza smirked as the two left. then he put his nunchaku away. "hmmm why did she think I thought gender was why I was confident" he asked himself as he put his hood back on and walked in their direction, but past the building they entered  

FlameRunner22

4,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Lord Arkon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:40 am
User Image

Hogosya reached over and seperated the coin to one gold one. Resturaunts like this didnt require much money. Sighing, he sat back and took off his cloak. Underneath he wore a Fire Nation Tunic and black pants.

"My name is Hogosya Bei Fong. You may have heard of the Bei Fong line. When I was younger, I was recruited to a special branch of the Earth Kingdom's Army, and trained expecially to fight Fire Benders. They sent my unit on missions to drive out Fire Nation Colonies, destroy sensitive buildings, and even assassinate high ranking Fire Benders."

When the waitress came over, he ordered two bowls, and gave her the coin. As soon as she left to get their noodles, he continued.

"This continued for most of my life. My unit has done things Id like to forget. But one day, we were sent here to the Fire Nation, to destroy a prototype ship the Fire Lord was building. Everything was going as planned...until the ambush happened. We were deep inside the ship planting, breaking vital equipment and weaking the lower hull, when the door burst open and Fire Benders started pouring in. With nothing to bend, we relied on regular weapons and tried to fight our way out...At the end of it, it was me and two others who made it back to the mainland. Once we could bend again, we easily escaped. But I had had enough, so I deserted right then and there, and the Earth Kingdom has been hunting me ever since."

The waitress came back with the bowls, and Hogosya began to eat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:24 pm
User Image

Blade Fong

Blade touch the right side of his leg making sure his daggers were still there. He was glad to know they were still there. He wore a simple fire nation tunic with some pants. He sat on a roof of a building straight across from the restaurant, 'Well you found some friends have you.'

User Image

Lee Ten

Lee gazed at the Fountain and its beauty. 'Well if the fire nation will ever take over again then they need a fire fountain everywhere.' He sighed then began walking and looking at the buildings he passed. He saw a guy sitting on one then he turned to see a restaurant, so he walked in and sat down and ordered himself a bowl of noodles. He ate them slowly.

RamboTiger

Friendly Tycoon

8,700 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200

FlameRunner22

4,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:32 pm
User Image
Kaiza heard someone land on the ground and turned around. then he followed the two into the restaurant and found a seat in the corner  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:59 pm
User Image

Mai wore a look of polite blankness, and her normally firey eyes were the had the same flat coolness as the golden studs in her ears. It was impossible to tell what she was thinking as she replaced the rest of the coins into her coin bag, tucking away the cost of eating at a place like this to the back of her mind. Having done that, she folded her slender hands under her chin, and rested her head on them, gazing at Hogosya as if he was the most interesting thing in the world. She had, in fact, heard of the Bei Fong line, usually just in her history books. To be honest, she hadn't paid much attention to the text whenever the name came up, having little to no interest Earthbending. When the waitress approached with their food, Maiyu nodded at the woman to show her thanks, but said nothing. The only sign that she had been listening was the telltale narrowing of those cat-like eyes. Finally, she spoke, and once again, her voice acquired that crisp, formal tone of a noble. "Quite an interesting story, although if you are looking for my sympathy, you should have chosen your words a little differently. I will find it very hard to empathize with someone who was trained to kill members of my nation." She lifted her cool eyes from the table, and gazed directly at Hogosya, as if trying to decide whether it would be worth it to kill him or not. "Still, your past is of little importance to me, so long as I know now the reason for all your secrecy. Although..." She tapped a finger against her lips, and narrowed her eyes again. "What you have told me, in theory, I could pass along to the Fire Lord, and thus start a war with the Earth Kingdom. Organizing a group of assassins who are trained not only to search and destroy, but trained especially to hold their own against Firebenders could be seen as an act of war. Should I choose to pass along what you have told me, you could be responsible for the downfall of your country." Maiyu shrugged, as if to show just how little she cared. "On the other hand, it matters little to me. Now, I suppose since you have told me your story, I should tell you mine." She poked half-heartedly at the noodles before signing. "My father was a nobleman and my mother was a rich man's wife. I have three older brother, all of whom are skilled in the ways of Firebending and swordplay. I told my father to train me, and he did. When there was no more he could teach me, I started training myself." She shrugged again. "Several months ago, I left my family. They have nothing more for me, and there is no reason I should stay behind with them." Maiyu smiled then, although it was a pained and cold smile. "My story is nowhere near as sad or exciting as yours, although, all things considered, perhaps that is a good thing." The hair on the back of her neck rose, and Maiyu's back stiffened. She turned sharply in her seat, glancing around the restaurant, her shoulders stiff and tense. "That man from before is here, the one who attacked us, along with someone else, Fire Nation by the looks of it. Not a threat...yet." She said in a low voice, still turned towards the center of the restaurant.  

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

FlameRunner22

4,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:43 pm
User Image
Kaiza had felt a glare and looked up. "why is she so close to me" he said to himself after catching her eye. then he called a waitress over and ordered some tea  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:51 pm
User Image

"Well, if i was trying to get sympathy, I suppose i could have worded that so it sounded like the Earth King was the bad guy. But I know it was my own fault I didn't leave sooner." He quickly emptied his bowl, and wiped his mouth with the napkin.

"Your lucky to have known your family. The Earth Kingdom recruited me when I was still young, so I dont remember much about my parents. I think I had a sibling of some kind, but its been to long."

Hogosya began tapping his foot, a trick he learned when his grandmother taught him to sense through the ground. The tremors he sent through his foot acted like a sonar, so he could view the room around him without looking.

"I know about the man, I saw him when he came in. What would you like to do about him though? I mean its not like we can stop him from eating. Plus hes probably just infatuated with you, as im sure you've experienced before."  

Lord Arkon

Fire Nation

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces