Submit

JOIN THE STRIKE?
  YES
  NO
View Results

T_Megami
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:07 pm
I agree with the boycott and think you should join.
Fish in Barretts tank do not age. So no loss there. The week without gold is not lost, only postponed.
Not buying fish is a good way to hit gaia in the pocket.
Not having tanks to grab from will cause a big wave in the population as a whole, not just tank owners.
With everyone screaming and wondering what the heck is going on, maybe, maybe gaia bosses will notice.
I paid cash money for my fish. I feel very cheated and it bugs me not being listened to by the powers that be. I'm hoping this will prod them somehow.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:20 pm
this is pretty ridiculous because for some people the only way they make gold is bg. i'll join.  

the tragic comidie
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Sacral Cecity
Crew

Quotable Consumer

13,775 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:33 pm
I'm all for supporting the strike. I'm not worried about booty besides...you can still get it without fish. trust me...I did one time from another persons tank.

I'm on strike til there's change

hmph 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:41 pm
T_Megami
I agree with the boycott and think you should join.
Fish in Barretts tank do not age. So no loss there. The week without gold is not lost, only postponed.
Not buying fish is a good way to hit gaia in the pocket.
Not having tanks to grab from will cause a big wave in the population as a whole, not just tank owners.
With everyone screaming and wondering what the heck is going on, maybe, maybe gaia bosses will notice.
I paid cash money for my fish. I feel very cheated and it bugs me not being listened to by the powers that be. I'm hoping this will prod them somehow.

Ditto what she said. She has succinctly identified the reason we are doing this. We may be losing Gaia Gold during the week or two of the boycott, but we are already losing Gold because of the nerfing and it isn't right. This may not work, but to my mind it's worth a shot. No pain, no gain...  

Bluebelle Babe
Crew

Conservative Member

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:51 pm
X-KINGROME-X
wahmbulance TANKS HAVE BEEN NERFED SO YOUR TANK WILL NOT GLOW AS MUCH AS IT DID BEFORE.SHOULD WE JOIN THE STRIKE?I DONT WANT TO MAKE THE DECISION FOR EVERYONE,LETS MAKE THE DECISION TOGETHER. wahmbulance
PS:NOONE WILL BE BANNED OVER THERE OPINION IN THIS MATTER.EVRYONE IS INTITLED TO THERE OPINION ON HOW THEY WOULD LIKE TO HANDLE THIS SITUATION.

Thank you for letting us know we won't be banned for joining the strike. That's a relief because I do love your Guild! I had a lot of fun running the first Story Game and am now active in the second Story Game.

I love the fact that you say "everyone is entitled to their opinion on how they would like to handle this situation." It proves you are very fair-minded. I've already been kicked of one Guild because I joined the boycott, but I belong to four others who are asking their members to join it. I may be kicked off some BG threads because of this, but I still feel it's the right thing to do.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:22 pm
I already have joined the strike. If theyre going to make me pay real life dollars for an item, that item should keep the value I paid for.  

Dianora5

Dianora5

Sparkly Kitten

45,650 Points
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Potion Master 50
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500

nii_chan222

Ruthless Survivor

10,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:25 pm
I'm joining it and removing my fish tomorrow, I don't think it's right for gaia to do everything they're doing. I love Booty Grab and I enjoy having a tank to help others gain gold the way I did, but with the nerfing and such, it makes things harder on everyone. Thanks for not banning anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:42 pm
J.P. Chartreuse

Honestly, I think Booty Grab has caused a ton of inflation, has made real money too big a part of the game, and disadvantaged those Gaians who can't afford to buy fish. I don't mind the game being kicked down a notch. I will not go on strike.

I don't actually have a problem with them trying to reduce inflation. But the problem is just what you said, the WHOLE of Booty Grab. If the problem is the entire game of Booty Grab, then when they cut back it should effect all players, not just target a select group (tank owners). This is unfair to tank owners and doesn't really affect anyone else in Booty Grab. If they really wanted to reduce inflation, they could create a waiting time between grabs ( like in posts) that would affect BG players and tank owners alike. Another option would be to nerf ALL fish D=, or create a Gold cap on how much you could grab or something. Many would not like it, but at least the nerf would be fair all around.

I would've also appreciated a warning that they were going to change the product people payed real money for. I understand that the Gaia TOS says they can do what they want with their site, but some kind of heads up would be nice. (like a sticky or announcement)  

Distorqueo

Sparkly Fatcat

14,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Magical Girl 50

Reve Casse

Reve Casse

Crew

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:30 pm
Fish are out of MY tank and sitting in Barret's Tank.
I have already signed up in the Petition.
Considering I have spent a fair amount of my real cash into Gaia, I think it is high time they listen. The only way I see this making a difference so that someone listens, is to get the majority doing the boycott. Therefore, I will be going and posting in numerous Aquarium Threads in order to get the message out. I hope some of you will also do this.

United we stand.....divided we fall.
Never be bullied into silence. Stand up for what you believe in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:34 am
As is clear in my sig I fully support the strike.

1.- Because this is time gaia dont play with our dollar (real dolars)
2.- I know i am loosing gold (the possible gold coming from grabbers this days) but is a cheap loosing comparing with all the loosing we are having with the nerf.
3.- I know also players which have not tank may be are going to be hurted, but THEY should also support tank owners because they are the first and more beneficiated with our investment. If they dont want to support us why i should care to support them.
4.- Leaving my fish in tank now when mosty owners take out I fell is such as taking advanttage of the situation, If few tank keep the fish more grabbed.
5.- If not enough empty tanks difference will not be noted.

I am grabbing this days but be sure when official strike start tomorrow, i will grabb no one.  

Lord Mullog
Crew

10,600 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Threadmaster 200

T_Megami
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:54 am
thats right, I'm not going to grab after april 9 either because some ppl will keep their tanks with fish. As a tank owner it is tempting to keep the fish in the the tank during the strike because with so many on strike the ones with fish will max out fast. But they are shooting themselves in the foot because they will make the strike impact less on Gaia bosses and then have to suffer with the continued nerfing.

Don't buy
Don't stock
Don't grab

Hold tight until we're done.
United we Stand  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:31 am
I am joining the strike and really appreciate it that King doesn't ban anyone who is as well =).  

ArvensisParviflora

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

X-BILLIONdollarAZZ-X
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:02 am
HELLO EVERYONE blaugh HUGZ heart
WELL IM SORRY 2 SAY BUT IM NOT GOING ON STRIKE WIT MY FISH BECAUSE ITZ MY RITE 2 CHOOSE 2 KEEP MY FISH IN MY TANK..IM NOT RICH ON GAIA ONLY IN ITEMS..ND I NEED ALL THE GOLD I CAN GET..BUT I WILL NOT JUDGE NOONE 4 THERE FREEDOM OF CHOICE..HUGZ...I JUS DONT KNOW HOW GAIA GOING 2 HANDLE THE WHOLE MATTER..THEY R HARD HEADED PPL ND THEY REALLY DONT CARE... IM BEEN ON HERE FOR 5 YRZ ND THIZ PROTEST WILL NOT CHANGE THERE MINDZ.ITZ ONLY GOING 2 COME DOWN 2 A CHOICE IF U WANT 2 KEEP BOOTY GRABBIN OR NOT...GAIA REALLY DONT CARE IF WE TAKE OUR FISH OUT 4 A WEEK..  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:10 am
At first I thought, "Who is really going to pay attention to a bunch of angry gaians on strike?" I mean, I figured a handful of possibly millions of people would actually turn out for this gig of striking over the nerfed tank issue and I also couldn't help but wonder about of a corporate giant such as gaiaonline would really give a rats bottom half about the wants and desires of its members or if it would just snuff us out by banning us just plain ignoring us. Then I thought better of it!

If we as a people, as a community, and that is what we are... a community here on gaia, if we do not stand up for ourselves and our fellow gaians, our friends, our brothers our sisters, the future members and even the past ones then what good are we?

I believe that this is a fight worth standing up and chanting HECK NO WE WONT GLOW for and i removed all of my fish as well as vowed to no longer purchase gaia cash as long as this is the way they wish to dictate.

We spend a lot of time and money on our tanks, and we spend the time each day to log on and check on them and feed them to keep them at 100% happiness to ensure glow and all that wonderful booty goodness.

I think we deserve to earn out money back a little for our time!

Reduce our glow times and nerf our tanks then all you are doing is reducing the average gaians chance of earning some of the gold back that hemorrhages from our wallets when purchasing some of these fish and decorations.

Granted it is a hobby but would you people really pay 5 dollars for a pixilated fish that isn't going to make you back but a dollar of your money?

All of us are entrepreneurial and all of us want to turn a buck!

Letting our tanks be nerfed would be as if we were ranchers and we constantly allowed poachers and predators to kill off our livestock... all we do is lose money and we don't even make enough to break even to keep afloat with the number of animals we have on our ranches!

Same goes for these tanks!

I don't know about all of you but my aquarium is not only a hobby, it is a way to earn a little extra booty to pay for some of the other things I am questing for... like Inari Beads!

So strike people, and if you have not already visited Kenshins thread, check it out and read a little bit about the issue as well as some of the proposed options.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/the-great-gaian-aquarium-strike-petition/t.60146773/  

T00KIE

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Flatterer 200

A Hikikomori

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:44 am
X-KINGROME-X
wahmbulance TANKS HAVE BEEN NERFED SO YOUR TANK WILL NOT GLOW AS MUCH AS IT DID BEFORE.

THAT
You paid for something. It´s time to remind Gaia about it  
GAIA ISSUES ONLY

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas