Wanna Share?
  Sure
  No thanks
View Results

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:01 pm
VK Fox
Well, my name is VK. Not really, though that's as close as you'll get on the internet =)
I'm about to begin studying for entry level network engineer certifications, so that I can support myself and my lovely bride to be through the next few years. My ultimate goal is to become a minister, or even a chaplain. However, I'm many years away from being able to stand before the Christian Church / Church of Christ Endorsement Commission. Twelve judges, eight of them are PhD's.. Yeah. My stomach turns just thinking about it.I haven't yet decided which seminary I want to attend, but I got time.

What? You have to be judged by twelve huge members of the Church?!

Wow I'm scared. x.x

I mean, I knew you had to go before a council to make sure your doctrine was sound. I guess I just never really thought about it like that...

But God gave me a calling, and He'll provide for me! heart

@shadows-shine

That used to happen to me. You just have to keep trying. Focus on where you want the story to go. Set goals for your characters, little milestones for them to accomplish until they get to the main event.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:23 pm
that is intimidating o.O

makes me happy my ulimate career choice is to be a stay at home mom. only the feminists and family will be judging me. my dad wants me to be a career woman but the fiance and i think it would be best to be a stay at home mom. my mother was a stay at home mom and i loved having her around all the time and always making homemade meals. none of this frozen crap ive been force fed the past 6 years xp my dad and sister wont let me cook and my dad doesnt have the time to cook a proper meal so its always frozen premade dinners  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:31 am
I am a stay at home mom and it is the best career (for want of a better word) that I have ever had. It is what I always wanted to do. I had always seen myself being the house wife and now I am. It's my life's calling!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:32 am
Scarlet_Teardrops
VK Fox
Well, my name is VK. Not really, though that's as close as you'll get on the internet =)
I'm about to begin studying for entry level network engineer certifications, so that I can support myself and my lovely bride to be through the next few years. My ultimate goal is to become a minister, or even a chaplain. However, I'm many years away from being able to stand before the Christian Church / Church of Christ Endorsement Commission. Twelve judges, eight of them are PhD's.. Yeah. My stomach turns just thinking about it.I haven't yet decided which seminary I want to attend, but I got time.

Wow I'm scared. x.x

I mean, I knew you had to go before a council to make sure your doctrine was sound. I guess I just never really thought about it like that...

@shadows-shine

That used to happen to me. You just have to keep trying. Focus on where you want the story to go. Set goals for your characters, little milestones for them to accomplish until they get to the main event.

I usually do that, but I think my biggest problem is that I get bored with the stories that I write and move onto the next idea that pops into my mind.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

rosadria
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:21 am
Scarlet_Teardrops
VK Fox

Wow I'm scared. x.x

@shadows-shine

It's pretty scary. The interview takes place over three days, and they also interview your wife right next to you. Then, they have a dinner you have to go to. It's freaking me out, but I've got a few years to prepare.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:16 pm
why do they need to interview your wife?  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:51 pm
I'm 15 and my name is Adam. I'm from Puerto Rico. I've studied as many philosophies of religion, history, myths, and life that I can. I'm a martial artist, have been a "samurai" for 5 years, and I'm not your average Christian. I'm half Buddhist, half Christian. No pastor, preacher, father, or any other kind of person has been able to have a discussion about religion that they have won, yet.

I'm an athlete, and I excel in strength and intelligence. In a year, I start in the 2nd best engineering university, Recinto Universitario de Mayaguez, to study mechanical engineering. I excel in the classes of math, science, and history.

There are a lot more facts about me, but I would just bore you.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:34 pm

@Shanna

Eww, frozen dinners.

I want to be a semi-stay at home mom.
I mean, I'll have to be looking over a congregation and helping with church decisions and all that, and I'll need to constantly stay up on the news and Scripture, but yeah.

I'm great at cooking, and cleaning!

@shadows-shine

I'm glad that you got to fulfill your life's calling. It's really special. 3nodding

That happens to me too. You just have to keep pressing on. Of course, look who's talking. Lol. I can't get past page 116 in my biggest story. x.x

I get more worried that my story is not good enough. And I get lots of ideas and want to write them. But you can't just make a thousand sub-plots, y'know?

@Fox

If you're a female, is it your husband that is with you? And three days--wow. x.x You'll be okay, though. And so will I! biggrin

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:36 pm
XSK Ambrosia
I'm 15 and my name is Adam. I'm from Puerto Rico. I've studied as many philosophies of religion, history, myths, and life that I can. I'm a martial artist, have been a "samurai" for 5 years, and I'm not your average Christian. I'm half Buddhist, half Christian. No pastor, preacher, father, or any other kind of person has been able to have a discussion about religion that they have won, yet.

I'm an athlete, and I excel in strength and intelligence. In a year, I start in the 2nd best engineering university, Recinto Universitario de Mayaguez, to study mechanical engineering. I excel in the classes of math, science, and history.

When it comes to the discussions...

I don't feel it's about victory.

And I would love to hear more about you! It's not boring at all. Engineering requires a lot of knowledge and mathematical skills. I suck at math personally.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:47 pm
Shanna66

Because the relationship that a husband has with his wife is supposed to mirror the relationship that Christ has with His church. She is also my support. All that pressure will be on me, and she will help me through it. If she isn't a strong, Godly woman, we both fail, and it puts the congregation in danger as well.  

rosadria
Crew

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:52 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops
XSK Ambrosia

When it comes to the discussions...

I don't feel it's about victory.

And I would love to hear more about you! It's not boring at all. Engineering requires a lot of knowledge and mathematical skills. I suck at math personally.

I know that. I just mean it in an accomplished sort of way.
lol find out more about me or something in my guild  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:46 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

@shadows-shine

I'm glad that you got to fulfill your life's calling. It's really special. 3nodding

That happens to me too. You just have to keep pressing on. Of course, look who's talking. Lol. I can't get past page 116 in my biggest story. x.x

I get more worried that my story is not good enough. And I get lots of ideas and want to write them. But you can't just make a thousand sub-plots, y'know?

It is such a blessing. My husband and I made a lot of sacrifices to be able to allow me to be a stay at home mom, but the blessings have been far greater than any sacrifice.

I have that same thought looming in my head about my stories never being good enough. I am trying to get around the fact that when I am writing, the first draft of it does not have to be perfect. My husband told me that when I write, I should not worry about who may or may not like it and just focus on what I am writing and finish the story, go back and read through it, edit it, make my changes, etc. He said that I should just enjoy the journey of getting through the story with my characters. I have been trying to do that and it's making easier, but who knows how long I will stick with... whee  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:03 pm
Shadows-shine
Scarlet_Teardrops

@shadows-shine

It is such a blessing. My husband and I made a lot of sacrifices to be able to allow me to be a stay at home mom, but the blessings have been far greater than any sacrifice.

I have that same thought looming in my head about my stories never being good enough. I am trying to get around the fact that when I am writing, the first draft of it does not have to be perfect. My husband told me that when I write, I should not worry about who may or may not like it and just focus on what I am writing and finish the story, go back and read through it, edit it, make my changes, etc. He said that I should just enjoy the journey of getting through the story with my characters. I have been trying to do that and it's making easier, but who knows how long I will stick with... whee

My friends have told me very similar things, and those bits of information have really helped me.

They're right, as is your husband. We have to work on getting through the story, enjoying the journey with our characters. We are our own worse critics, and we're afraid of who will like it/dislike it and if it will be good enough. We worry about the possible critiques done. Or at least, I do.

And the first draft should never be sent to a publisher, lol. Your husband is SomeoneIKnow, correct? He's very wise.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:24 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops
Shadows-shine
Scarlet_Teardrops

@shadows-shine

My friends have told me very similar things, and those bits of information have really helped me.

They're right, as is your husband. We have to work on getting through the story, enjoying the journey with our characters. We are our own worse critics, and we're afraid of who will like it/dislike it and if it will be good enough. We worry about the possible critiques done. Or at least, I do.

And the first draft should never be sent to a publisher, lol. Your husband is SomeoneIKnow, correct? He's very wise.

Yea he's my hubby! xd

I don't think I would ever publish my stories. I wouldn't be brave enough. I don't even think I have ever let any one read them before. Ofcourse, I've been in the habit of getting to a certain point then ripping the notebook or papers I wrote the stories on to shreds. I've stopped doing that because I always wish I could go back and add on to the ones I have destroyed. So far I have two stories as works in progress stashed in my closet  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 pm
VK Fox
Shanna66

Because the relationship that a husband has with his wife is supposed to mirror the relationship that Christ has with His church. She is also my support. All that pressure will be on me, and she will help me through it. If she isn't a strong, Godly woman, we both fail, and it puts the congregation in danger as well.

makes sense. i guess since christianity would be such a huge part of your life your spouse would need to be supportive as possible for you to succeed in your relationship with both the church and your wife

@scarlet
i cant stand the frozen dinners so ive been trying really hard to learn how to cook. my dad and sister hate trying new things though so i mostly just cook for the dogs and my rats. the fiance said he would eat what i cook so lang as we have cereal on hand for when, not if but when, he hates my cooking. its not that im bad cooking though, he and my family are just very cery cery picky eaters. i love food though and love trying to cook and eat new things all the time  
Getting to know each other

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff