Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
And they said legendaries were one of a kind... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Three Lugias?
Of course! That makes so much sense! O__O
66%
 66%  [ 14 ]
Eh.. Maybe...
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Nah. Only ONE Lugia. Nintendo says so. :3
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Woman, what are you smoking THIS time? -__-
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
liek OnGz!!11! G0LD!!1ichi1!1
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:03 pm
Trumpster
I'd say ther are families of legendary pokemon. I wouldn't believe they are immortal. It's just they are rare and live in places where few people go. they are almost never seen and most likely only one is seen at a time, or the trainer is so impressed at seeing one, he doesn't notice the kids following behind. wink

think of the simple little bug on the original pokemon game. after you had caught articuno you could still see it flying round when you went to a certain lookout tower. was it a bug, or a hint at the truth? xd

Ooo, very well put. That could also be a possiblity...

And I vote the latter.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:05 pm
Also, I think they are so easy to catch that if there was only one, you could bet it wouldn't be there when you arrived. xd  

Trumpster

Flanny-Chan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:12 am
Maybe the Lugia from the movies is the father. ^^
And Latios and Latias should be able to breed, the Latios and Latias in the games are siblings!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:24 pm
Flanny-Chan
Maybe the Lugia from the movies is the father. ^^
And Latios and Latias should be able to breed, the Latios and Latias in the games are siblings!

Yea. We should start a petition to make legendaries breedable! xd  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:00 pm
There's something wierd about letting Kyogre make love with a Wailord.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:04 am
I don't think legendaries should be able to breed in the games. I'm a legendary hater myself anyway. the only legendary I've liked so far is kyogre but I'm going up on ruby and I'm going to see what groudon is like. I think I like groudon more as a battler but I don't know whether I'll be able to associate with it and like it as I like kyogre.

I called my kyogre: 'Talos'. Forgotten realms players may know why. wink  

Trumpster

Load Chaud

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:17 am
I'd say that there is definately more than just one of the legendary Pokémon. With the exceptions of Mewtwo. And possibly Groudon, Kyogre, and Ho-oh.

The story behind Mewtwo was that it was created by humans.
Groudon and Kyogre's story is that they're ancient Pokémon that once were at war with each other, and then slept for centuries. It's possible that they're the only ones.
Ho-oh's story is that it used to watch over the humans and Pokémon of the world. But after some war (or something. I forget the exact details) broke out, the Tin Tower (or was it the other tower? I forget) burned down, and Ho-oh left this world. It created Suicune, Raikou, and Entei to watch the world for Ho-oh. Ho-oh waits for the day to when the hearts of Pokémon and humans unite again.
Which I guess would also result in Suicune, Raikou, and Entei being one of each.

But Rayquaza? I don't even know what its story is (or at least, I can't remember).

But as for the rest... it's entirely possible that there are a lot of them. But they do not often show themselves to humans, and live in secrecy. And it is also possible that they breed asexually, too. If you remember the journal entries found in the Cinnibar Mansion, they caught a Mew to examine it. And some time later, it had a baby (which they dubbed "Mewtwo").

But for gameplay reasons... the reason for only one of each legendary to exist in one game is so that we don't have teams of six Kyogre or Mewtwo. Same for no breeding.
Of course, someone could shark extra legendaries, or play a game multiple times to get multiple legendaries, but that's very time consuming.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:28 am
In general I prefer to keep legendaries sacred. Also in the latest pokemon movie in Japan we'll learn the reason of Rayquaza and Deoxys.  

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

Flanny-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:52 am
Inazuman Frash
There's something wierd about letting Kyogre make love with a Wailord.

There's also something weird about letting Mr. Mime make love with a Ditto. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:08 pm
Maybe there's a secret behind all of this...mystery! But, if there was only ONE Lugia, how did there be a BABY Lugia without a MOMMY or DADDY Lugia? Mm...questions  

Tsumirei

SilvernKnight

3,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:55 am
Alright guys, let me answer these questions. In the games, those pokemon are considered legenary as in the show. But however if in games, there is more than one of them, and they can bred, there won't be much fun caturing the Legenary since the Legenary is so easy to get. It is possible to get a whole set of Legenary. Which the producer don't want. It is not they are unable to breed together, but they don't know hot to breed(The granpa and grannie).

The show features 3 Lugia. The catch is, Lugia might exist as a common pokemon in the pass. It is only when something big happen, they when almost extinct and become a legend of others. In other word, Legenary. If they are just so pass pokemon that survived, than, why are they so powerful? Good question, any people and monster, and pokemon alike, after surviving something that almost cause it to extinction or leaving of so many years, they must had attain a super powerful strength.

So there u got it!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:06 am
J@sonWind
Alright guys, let me answer these questions. In the games, those pokemon are considered legenary as in the show. But however if in games, there is more than one of them, and they can bred, there won't be much fun caturing the Legenary since the Legenary is so easy to get. It is possible to get a whole set of Legenary. Which the producer don't want. It is not they are unable to breed together, but they don't know hot to breed(The granpa and grannie).

The show features 3 Lugia. The catch is, Lugia might exist as a common pokemon in the pass. It is only when something big happen, they when almost extinct and become a legend of others. In other word, Legenary. If they are just so pass pokemon that survived, than, why are they so powerful? Good question, any people and monster, and pokemon alike, after surviving something that almost cause it to extinction or leaving of so many years, they must had attain a super powerful strength.

So there u got it!

That makes a lot of sense.

pokemon get more powerful with experiance so the legendaries are just ancient pokemon. In most cases that is confirmed. The incident in the orange islands with the three legendary birds suggested that they, or their family have been there for centuries, otherwise why would they have a propecy about them carved in stone?

Kyogre and Groudon are meant to be the gods that shaped the planet, they seem surprisingly weak but they're probably groggy from being asleep for so long. xd

Rayquazza, by my guess, is the one that calmed the gods and stopped the war. I assume this because of it's ability to negate weather effects which is where both gods' power lies and may be another possible reason why Kyogre and Groudon are weak, because Rayquazza is still supressing their power and will do as long as it lives. (Note to self: kill rayquazza wink )

the Regis? they're just freaky mutations of the land turning into pokemon and it's so rare that only one of each was created. (I don't like them anyway, my team of 6 beat all three at the same time when we were ten levels lower. However it was close, I had a Blaziken which was effective against all three and my Swellow got lucky using endeaver on the last one and I finished it off with a shockwave from my Linoone.)

as for Mewtwo, it was created by humans, so unless they had a backup clone or Mewtwo has worked out how to properly clone himself then there is only one.

I dont know much about the G/S/C legendaries. only what I've seen in the show and references in the movies. and since I've never caught them I haven't thought about them much and never really cared to go into their history.  

Trumpster

Flanny-Chan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:07 am
About Entei, Raikou and Suicune, they were "made" by Ho-oh to watch the world, right? But how can one Pokémon make three others without breeding?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:48 am
::shrugs:: Maybe Ho-oh is special  

Tsumirei

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:53 pm
Flanny-Chan
About Entei, Raikou and Suicune, they were "made" by Ho-oh to watch the world, right? But how can one Pokémon make three others without breeding?

Okay, it says, in the Pokédex's, that it's feathers are magical. Maybe.....just maybe it dropped three feathers, and molded them into those three? Hmmm? whee  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff