Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Do you know what I hate the most about churches? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Falhalterra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:42 pm
Misanthropic Altruist
The thing I hate most is the shitty music. I went to the youth program in the church before I deconverted, so that's all they ever did. gonk

However, when they would raise their hands in praise, they'd look like they were giving the nazi salute, so that made me lul. XD

Man, you point that out and I start hearing the "JC" song from Jesus Camp in my head. >.< The freaking song is the most horrid piece of crap I have ever heard.  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:48 pm
i don't like the whole atmosphere in the church.
the music is annoying and all the time i think i'm wasting my time, because i'm just sitting around.  

SnowLavender

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:20 pm
WhiteCherryblossomAlice
the music is annoying and all the time i think i'm wasting my time, because i'm just sitting around.

Yeah, that too.... :l  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:19 pm
I hate the long boring anecdotal speeches that somehow prove God's existence through some philosophical analogy bs that leaves me going question but everybody else in the room is going 3nodding like a bunch of zombies. Haven't gone to Church in a while though, maybe it's changed rolleyes  

Revolutionary Justice

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:58 pm
I used to attend church when I wasn't an atheist and I still go to church like a few times a year. The most annoying thing, I think... has got to be when they make us stand up. DAMN! I get tired x_X I just wanna sit.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:01 pm
I DON'T KNOW WHO IT IS BUT I THINK SOMEONE HERE IS PHISHING FOR PASSWORDS.
Don't give your username and password info if you see some box pop up from the site "http://gaiaonline-test.110mb.com"
IT'S A FAKE.  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:03 pm
D i v i n i t y
I DON'T KNOW WHO IT IS BUT I THINK SOMEONE HERE IS PHISHING FOR PASSWORDS.
Don't give your username and password info if you see some box pop up from the site "http://gaiaonline-test.110mb.com"
IT'S A FAKE.

I thought I was the only onw seeing these messages.

Remember, if you were naive enough to fall for this, change your password IMMEDIATELY.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:13 am
I hate thinking about how much money was wasted on them instead of being used to feed the poor, heal the sick, and other such things this Jesus person was supposed to have preached.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Pallas Athea

6,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:39 am
At the churches I went to, they had a seperate room for parents with babies and young children. They'd have tvs and speakers for what was happening in the main part of the church. They could still see it because there were glass windows between them and us, but that way they wouldn't disturb everyone else. Kind of elaborate, eh?

What I hated most is the boringness and...

WhiteCherryblossomAlice

...this feeling! I haven't gone in a long time, though, and I really see no reason why I ever would again.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:54 am
Vorn Frost
Nothing ,because a real athiest with balls doesnt go if he/she doesn't want to.You choose to go so quit your bitchin.
User Image

Such attitude in this post, yeesh!

I go to church sometimes because I'm a musician and church gigs are about the only type that I can get around the area where I live. I like sacred music, so that almost makes up for having to sit through our completely inept priest rambling on during his sermons.

The sermon is definitely my least favourite part of going to church. The priest I grew up with at least gave everyone something to think about, even if we didn't agree. The current priest is an idiot and can't make a coherent point to save his life. He jumps from subject to subject, nearly always mentioning "our faith fathers," 40 days of ********, Jesus being our "ultimate mother" and other such nonsense.

I do get amused as hell when he says things like, "The Bible is not the Word of God" because it pisses off nearly everyone in the church. He always ends up qualifying it with something that makes it Christian-y, though, like "The Bible isn't the Word of God because Jesus is the Word of God." xd

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:52 am
Daffodil the Destroyer
Vorn Frost
Nothing ,because a real athiest with balls doesnt go if he/she doesn't want to.You choose to go so quit your bitchin.
User Image

Such attitude in this post, yeesh!

I go to church sometimes because I'm a musician and church gigs are about the only type that I can get around the area where I live. I like sacred music, so that almost makes up for having to sit through our completely inept priest rambling on during his sermons.

The sermon is definitely my least favourite part of going to church. The priest I grew up with at least gave everyone something to think about, even if we didn't agree. The current priest is an idiot and can't make a coherent point to save his life. He jumps from subject to subject, nearly always mentioning "our faith fathers," 40 days of ********, Jesus being our "ultimate mother" and other such nonsense.

I do get amused as hell when he says things like, "The Bible is not the Word of God" because it pisses off nearly everyone in the church. He always ends up qualifying it with something that makes it Christian-y, though, like "The Bible isn't the Word of God because Jesus is the Word of God." xd

Ahahahaha... pastors.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:12 am
What do I hate about churches?

Aside from the Religion?

Oh...everything.  

Yur-Yur Yuri

Beloved Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150

Afflatus Divine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:59 am
I hate it when sermons start cutting into my lunch-time as my stomach starts to growl. It's just torture. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:43 pm
I haven't been to a church in a long time...Months, now but even more before that. I didn't do anything but stand. I didn't sing or pray, or anything like that. So nothing really bad has happened to me in church, except for ruining my Sundays when I was a kid. Annoying.

Now, what I hate actually happened to my best friend. This priest started talking in tongues to him because he wasn't religious, trying to convert him.  

Steel-Avatar

Steel-Avatar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:46 pm
LimeIzMyFaveColor
The you're going to hell if you don't believe in god teaching and the whole you must keep teaching god to your loved ones bcuz u don't want them to go to hell. The morals are good though. I don't like I have to memorize bible verses.

What are you doing here? I don't mind theists...But you should really take your business to a religious guild if you're going to preach to a bunch of people that know what they're doing...Or better yet, General Discussion.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff