Outreach idea Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:14 pm
It's okay to discuss your beliefs in the ED and M&R, but you just can't post topics in there like "Repent and come to Jesus" that's against the TOS. If you want to proselyte, that is what guilds or PMs are for. The ED and M&R are just for discussion purposes only.  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:19 pm

I have checked the ToS of both gaia and the forums. I haven't seen anything about proselytizing. If you have, though, I may have missed it. Please post that.

And you can't just sit in church and expect people to come. You have to go to them. Talk about Christ. Talk about your beliefs. That is ministry. Teaching people about the Word of God. Teaching people about Christianity.

Did you know that a lot of people think that people can get into heaven by doing good things? There are non-believers out there who think the whole Bible was originally written in Hebrew.

People need information. By giving them that information and talking with them, we are planting seeds.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Sabeine

Vampire

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:21 pm
We're called by Christ to minister to all people...everywhere.  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:24 pm
Aye

Amen sister  

-xAngel of Redemptionx-

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:47 pm
I'm not saying it's a bad thing...so please don't take it that way...and Scarlett, when I have some extra time, I will see what I can find in the rules. I have to go take care of my rowdy toddler!  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:02 am
Here you go Shadows-shine..... smile

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/morality-and-religion/morality-and-religion-rules-and-guidelines/t.43770421/

see post #3  

Dante Matsui

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:44 am
Dante Matsui
Here you go Shadows-shine..... smile

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/morality-and-religion/morality-and-religion-rules-and-guidelines/t.43770421/

see post #3

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:03 pm
I'm up for it but where are we doing it? I thought the plan was to go to the town.  

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Thanks for posting that, Shadows-Shine. Or, well, having somebody else post it. Same diff.

However, I plan on generating discussion from this. Discussion is how you learn, and I want to teach people about Christianity. When you teach them about Christianity, you are ministering to them. There are many forms to ministry. And then, by doing that, they may become interested and decide to learn more about Christianity.

As I said, this will not be a "CONVERT OR DIE!" thread, but a thread that ministers through teaching.

We could try Towns as well. I was planning on that.
Perhaps we could assign teams.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:15 pm
I'm still game. I'm just confused as to what the Lord wants me doing....do i have the gift of being able to evangelize?  

-xAngel of Redemptionx-

SlTVM

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:28 pm
Well, forum evangelism is existent.
On what was originally a joke thread turned very serious at

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/general-discussion/are-u-ready-to-accep-jesus-in-ur-life/t.60319411_16/

I got called a troller a couple of times but I tried to defend my faith.

Its not that there aren't any efforts being made; a lot of people are simply close minded and stubborn.

45 pages of discussion and debate and not one atheist converted to a Christian.

Maybe that thread will inspire others, however, I am concerned about the close-mindedness of the people of the GD.
How can we combat it?  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:36 pm

We combat closed-mindedness and closed hearts with prayer. We pray against the works of the enemy and his minions, against deceit, against fear, against anger--against all of these things that turn people away.

I was planning on doing this in the ED. People are a tiny bit more, shall we say, responsive?

Towns would work as well.

All we can do is teach others. If they aren't receptive, that is their choice. Remember that people tried to throw Jesus off of cliffs and stone Him. They were definitely closed off. These people will most likely be, for the majority, closed off as well. But it doesn't change the fact that we're trying to do the Lord's work.

And even if tons of stubborn people insult us, mock Jesus and our beliefs, and do not turn from their wicked ways--what if we get one person? That person's soul matters.

I've been afraid of this. Afraid that people will not be receptive. Afraid of what people will say. But God has given me the strength I prayed for, and He will give all of you strength as well.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

SlTVM

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:15 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

We combat closed-mindedness and closed hearts with prayer. We pray against the works of the enemy and his minions, against deceit, against fear, against anger--against all of these things that turn people away.

I was planning on doing this in the ED. People are a tiny bit more, shall we say, responsive?

Towns would work as well.

All we can do is teach others. If they aren't receptive, that is their choice. Remember that people tried to throw Jesus off of cliffs and stone Him. They were definitely closed off. These people will most likely be, for the majority, closed off as well. But it doesn't change the fact that we're trying to do the Lord's work.

And even if tons of stubborn people insult us, mock Jesus and our beliefs, and do not turn from their wicked ways--what if we get one person? That person's soul matters.

I've been afraid of this. Afraid that people will not be receptive. Afraid of what people will say. But God has given me the strength I prayed for, and He will give all of you strength as well.

I agree with you. Prayer is one of our best weapons against the deceiver and his lies.
However, we need to work together. In the thread I only got some real fire support after 20 pages. We need to collaborate more, especially when we decide to start thread and discussions in non-Christian areas.
If we campaign to evangelize the towns, we need to do it in teams and forces; preferably comprising of 2-3 people who each a specialty in proclamation of the good news.

For example we have Johnman337, wiseluke14, and MaryMagdel2. (Just examples. Not referring to actual Gaians)

Johnman337 should be skilled in convincing people that God exists.

wiseluke14 should be skilled in apologetics, in case a belligerent person wishes to attack our faith and our mission.

MaryMagdel2 should be skilled in explaining how Christianity is the superior religion, and she should be skilled in explaining how one can become a Christian.

These are just examples of possible group archetypes, but this balanced team is a good example of the order we should mobilize in. We should create threads within this guild that organize us into teams and assign us missions (Maybe this is too ambitious, I don't know.)  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:55 pm

I like your ideas, Righteous.

However, at the current time I don't think we have enough people to make too many teams.

Hmm...
I do think it would be good to get people with specific skills, though. We all have our talents from God.

Pray that God will reveal your gifts and talents to you for this ministry!

What do you guys think about this?

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

-xAngel of Redemptionx-

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:29 pm
Lets do it for Jesus  
~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers