Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
The Beginings of vampirism? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:08 pm
Oborosen
What I speak of here, is not the point.
The original use of this thread was to make a place for others to compile there information as a cause to bring forth and understanding. Which is why I started doing this in the first place.

Disregard what I say if you like, I truly don't care.

I just wanted to see if someone had information to add that I hadn't compiled in my studies yet. Any thing added here that turns to have credibility will be filed with the rest of my work.

But instead, I get a truly observant person who states facts as of natural things. When there not taking into the account that the subject matter is far from natural.

But by all means, speak your mind. Come to think of it, I should have left the original comment on this thread like I did before stating this as a serious topic.

This is information for your studies. You now have information of why vamps aren't real.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:22 pm
Oborosen
What I speak of here, is not the point.
The original use of this thread was to make a place for others to compile there information as a cause to bring forth and understanding. Which is why I started doing this in the first place.

Disregard what I say if you like, I truly don't care.

I just wanted to see if someone had information to add that I hadn't compiled in my studies yet. Any thing added here that turns to have credibility will be filed with the rest of my work.

But instead, I get a truly observant person who states facts as of natural things. When there not taking into the account that the subject matter is far from natural.
So far, Mitsh is the only one giving good grounds for debate.

But by all means, speak your mind. Come to think of it, I should have left the original comment on this thread like I did before stating this as a serious topic.
sweatdrop If what you speak of here isn't the point. Then why would the topic be called sources of vampirism? I am speaking my mind. xd

But, you have a valid point about giving good grounds for debate. I could do that.

So, I am going to say. I personally am a bit of a skeptic. I would have to see some cold, hard proof that someone needed energy, or blood or they would die. Before I could really take any vampiric claims seriously.

In my personal opinion it is something the media and the younger generation got a hold of and it exploded from there. I do believe in being able to suck someone's energy. But, anyone who knows what they're playing with can do that.

And honestly? If someone needs to suck energy or get really sick, or in extreme cases die. I don't think it's something to brag about... To me, where I come from. It sounds like if that's the case then something cursed the hell out of someone for sucking energy too freely. And hence, isn't something to brag about.

That's my thoughts. If you want to change them, anyone here reading this. Then give me some proof or give me an interesting view point or something I haven't seen of or heard before. Then I might take what you say more serious.

Until then, I remain a skeptic and I think people's imaginations ran way with them thanks to pop culture.

And, blood fetishists. I don't care. As long as you don't try to suck my blood. I don't care how freaky you like to get. I get it, I've traveled the vast corners of the internet. There is worse out there by far.  

Satrevi

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:37 pm
I've only tasted and will only taste my own blood. I don't want to get sick. Blood is very tasty but it stinks that I don't bleed much. I hate that Twilight made vamps popular and messed up. Thanks to the book, we get forums like this.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:58 pm
Thank you Satrevi for that breath of fresh air, and as a fact I like the twilight book. But the movie's suck balls.

My understanding of vampiric origins is Biblical. Which if people want to start to look into, read the removed sections of genesis.

And start from there, though Lilith isn't a vampire. She may as well be there mother.
Because if It wasn't for her, Kane would still be hiding out under mount Allatu.

And yes, I do have information that combats the existence of vampire's. Which is as convincing as those that say vampires do or at one time did exists.
I'm just asking that people give there two cents and the be blessed for the rest of the day.

That's all..  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Mistreena

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:00 am
It seems to me that all myths and legends had to have some fact that created them in the first place. I do know of Vlad the Impaler, who bathed in and possibly drank the blood of his defeated enemies. That is the only historical reference that I know of.

While researching vampires for a school project I wanted to do years ago (and never actually kept with the topic), I found a website, something like sanguinarius.com, though that could be wrong, that was a forum for 'real' vampires. There was a bit on info on there about what a real vampire is: they are not immortal, do not have special powers of any kind, are not adverse to sunlight or garlic (lol), and merely have a very strong craving for blood. Other than this craving, which seems sort of like an OCD thing, they are just like any other human. This is what I got from this website. Before finding this site, I was doubting the existence of vampires, and now I think there is a possibility, but I cannot be certain. I'll keep my mind open anyways.

There was also mentions of Psychic vampires on another chat site I used to belong to (unfortunately I changed my e-mail and then they didn't accept me back in stressed crying
The psychic vampire would leech your energy away from you merely by being in a close proximity to you, whether it was consciously or unconsciously. Of course, as someone above had mentioned, anyone could do that if they knew how, I'm sure.

That's about the extent of my vampire knowledge. And Twilight wasn't a bad book, the movie sucked, and at least it is getting more teens to start reading. The part about sparkling in the sun was the best, merely because no one had ever done that before, so it was completely unique.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:03 am
Yes, I know of that site.

A former moderator, was compliant enough to give me the sites data archive about three years back.

Interesting stuff, they even had information from before the fall of Babel. Never got done sifting through it however.
Guess I'll have to start looking through my lockup.

And yes Mistreena it does suck when we all change e-mail. I'm still running into old friends that think I died two years back.

Psychic draining is a method by entities of the ephoric veil. Otherwise creatures that crave more then physical sustenance. The act requires at one point, eye contact. After that a link is formed between the two and feeding may begin.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Mistreena

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Eye contact eh? Good to know, I may use that in a story at some point. xd I hope that that method I learned would still help though - that person said that you picture a white light, which is your own energy, forming a circle around you. That is supposed to protect against psychic vampires, or so that person said. There are probably other ways, as with everything.
Good to know that you've heard of the site, I hope the information there can help you in your quest.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:51 pm
You're a vampire if you need energy to survive and are incapable of producing it yourself.

Most people can absorb energies and keep them there. Vampires are running a continuous leak, so to speak.

Of course, I'm skeptical of most people claiming to be one, because their reports of fatigue, weakness in sun, etc, are all theory at best until they go to a doctor and have themselves checked out.

Vampires don't sparkle or shrivel up in the sunlight. You're born as a vampire: temporary vampirism can occur, but a vampire it makes not. You can't be turned. Sanguine vamps are simply feeding off energy through a physical medium.  

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Fumetsu Hime

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:31 pm
This is a great topic. I myself believe there are people who feel the need to drink blood, such as those low in iron. I don't believe that if they bite another person it makes them a vampire, unless it drains the victim enough for them to be iron defficiant too. I also don't believe in fangs, but I do believe in evolution so I believe the possibility of fangs over time to adapt to the need to pierce the skin. The possibilty for these people to only come out at night is probable, because the skin is likely to be pale if it is lacking nutrients, meaning the sunlight could cause major problems to them. There are also people who have a disease where they cannot go into sunlight, and that may be caused by the same problem, though I have not researched into it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:25 pm
Oborosen
Yes, I know of that site.

A former moderator, was compliant enough to give me the sites data archive about three years back.

Interesting stuff, they even had information from before the fall of Babel. Never got done sifting through it however.
Guess I'll have to start looking through my lockup.

And yes Mistreena it does suck when we all change e-mail. I'm still running into old friends that think I died two years back.

Psychic draining is a method by entities of the ephoric veil. Otherwise creatures that crave more then physical sustenance. The act requires at one point, eye contact. After that a link is formed between the two and feeding may begin.

Oborosen, please stop distracting the members of this guild who lack proper skepticism.

Claiming you know processes by which you can become immortal; have information from before the fall of Babel; that you have solid information on psychic 'vampires' who can't even seem to agree amongst themselves on how it works.

You seem to come here specifically to put on the appearance of a well-researched, well-meaning, occult enthusiast. However, the only thing that keeps people distracted from your obvious lack of evidence is your fancy, albeit error-ridden, typing.

Shape up and do something worthwhile: stop misleading the newer people in the guild, or actually produce some worthwhile research. Either way, you'd be doing yourself, and the guild a favor.  

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200

CandleandCards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:36 am
Hmm correct me if im wrong, its been a bit since i've looked up on my habits of acient folk lol, But I heard once that the whoel legend of the vampire acutally came from like in some other sources of people feasting on blood as a form of drawing in the essence of another being that they may have defeated in battle ( much like the eating of the heart after a hunting kill some native folk used to practice)

There was also a theory that vampires were actually dieing anemics in the early AD centuries ( which is reasonable considering their poor diets) and they ingested blood to try to physically replenish their ailing bodies. soem people even said the Vlad Tepes was one of those indiciduals  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:01 pm
I'd also like to point out that accounts of vampirism or blood partake, such as those attributed to Elizabeth Bathory, were usually created as political smears rather than actual fact.

I mean, honestly, her last name is BATHory and she bathed in blood. It's all to easy to use the last name and make up something vicious like that.  

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:06 pm
I approve of the level of skepticism in this post increasing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:29 am
Simim
I'd also like to point out that accounts of vampirism or blood partake, such as those attributed to Elizabeth Bathory, were usually created as political smears rather than actual fact.

I mean, honestly, her last name is BATHory and she bathed in blood. It's all to easy to use the last name and make up something vicious like that.

The former part is true, from what I've read, but if the legend of her popped up solely because of her second name, it wouldn't have been thought up by Hungarians -- "Bathory" would have been pronounced "BAH-toe-ree" (I think; I'm not sure if the rules for syllable stress are the same in Hungarian as they are for Polish), making the name and legend sound similar only to an audience familiar with English.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:20 am
My, this post spiked a small bit while I was away.
Interesting.

Besides, I guess it doesn't matter anymore. I got what I needed, and bid you all a good day.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff