Submit

Look up something today cult?
  Yeah I did
  Nope
  Working on it
View Results

Vaettur

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:50 pm
Definitly metal for me. I can't really tell what my favorite is... there are just too many to list. As for specific sub-genres of metal i like practically all, especially Black, Thrash and Speed. As long as it isn't the p***y kind, like Goth and Power Metal. To refer to something that Kyro said earlier in this thread, i do like the flushing toilet type of vocals.
I'm also a lot into Punk (not the modern kind, but the 80s kind, e.g. Discharge, Misfits) and i also love me some old-school Hardcore (Biohazard, Suicidal Tendencies) and i have my Grindcore moods.

Basically, i like my music to be fast, agressive, loud and messy.  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:40 pm
Vaettur
Definitly metal for me. I can't really tell what my favorite is... there are just too many to list. As for specific sub-genres of metal i like practically all, especially Black, Thrash and Speed. As long as it isn't the p***y kind, like Goth and Power Metal. To refer to something that Kyro said earlier in this thread, i do like the flushing toilet type of vocals.
I'm also a lot into Punk (not the modern kind, but the 80s kind, e.g. Discharge, Misfits) and i also love me some old-school Hardcore (Biohazard, Suicidal Tendencies) and i have my Grindcore moods.

>Power Metal

>p***y kind

No.  

Mephisto D

Vaettur

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:44 pm
Flower Metal, bah. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:51 pm
Vaettur

Did you even click the link?  

Mephisto D

Vaettur

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:57 pm
Mephisto D
Vaettur

Of course i did.
It didn't really impress me.  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:03 pm
Vaettur
Mephisto D
Vaettur

Of course i did.

Any particular reason?  

Mephisto D

LifelessFawkes

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:17 pm
I dont really like Blind Guardian at all, either.
but I do love a lot of Power metal. Like Rhapsody of Fire, oh yessss.

But mostly metal for me as well. Pretty much all subgenres of it. Except stuff like Goregrind, and more Grindcore I find pretty shitty.
Some punk is alright, too.
but metal for me.  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:18 pm
Mephisto D
Vaettur
Mephisto D
Vaettur

Of course i did.

Any particular reason?
I don't like the mix of fast tempo, high pitched vocals (in general Power Metal, BG doesn't really have that a lot), awful chords and the style of guitar-solos used in it. Although Blind Guardian isn't really the best example of the stuff i really hate.  

Vaettur

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:09 pm
Mephisto D
Vaettur

>Power Metal

>p***y kind

No.

Also this (again)

If you hate that song, you're a goddamn communist and I will have nothing to do with you.  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:19 pm
@Turtle: Those where the kinds of metal I had searched for when I had taken an interest in the genre itself. Glad to hear there is always another metal head joining the ranks. heart pirate

Continuing my search into Grunge with the band "Sound garden" I have taken a liking to "The day I tried to live", "Like suicide",
"Never the machine forever" Their album "Down the upside" made me a bit disappointed in their direction. Which probably explains why they had disbanded after that album (the band itself had conflicting views on it's direction) . So in essence If your craving grunge "sound garden" is in general a good find in my opinion, with over twenty recommended tracks.

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:30 pm
Genre that I've been into RECENTLY? (I have no overall preference for musics.) Hip=hop, I guess. Been listening to a lot of 80s-90s classics.  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:16 am
Allegro
Genre that I've been into RECENTLY? (I have no overall preference for musics.) Hip=hop, I guess. Been listening to a lot of 80s-90s classics.

Nothing wrong with looking the classics *bobs my head to RUNDMC*  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Mephisto D

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:37 am
I actually really enjoy a lot of various genres of music from rock, metal (most subgenres of metal), blues, jazz, opera, classical, blue grass, old country, video game music, funk, raggae, and even a little bit of rap.

I've been heavily into jam bands as of late though, like Blues Traveler and String Cheese Incident.  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:52 am
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Allegro

DMC became Sell-outs after Walk This Way.

Gimme KRS any day.  

Allegro

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:19 pm
Allegro
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Allegro

DMC became Sell-outs after Walk This Way.

Gimme KRS any day.

don't you be talking smack about Detroit Metal City! lol
eh I kinda liked that song, well I'm not sure what to look into next.
Either more grunge, or go back into metal for a bit.

Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff