Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Warfront: Excessum ex Machina (OOC chatroom) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:28 am
It's always good to have an explanation for the otherwise absurd. xd

I was going to have a similar explanation for the babies when i originally came up with it, but i figured humans can't live off of lighter-than-air substances.

I'm actually quite open to everything so long as it's not TOO absurd. (tries to think of something out of the question...)
Maybe if they said they had a secret base inside a star or they discovered sentient aliens. Then i'd ask them politely to delete that before i blacklist them. evil

other than that... not much is out of the question. anti-gravity, artificial gravity, lasers, rail guns, floating babies and lilies.
pills with all the nutrients one would need in a day.

Sci-fi rocks! cool  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:52 am
yea, true. although i can't picture a secret base in a star... get a nice tan though xd

i was thinking of incorporating anti-gravity, on a small scale though...

and is it me or does everyone have artificial eyes??  

krcangel

Sparkly Hunter

4,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 am
just Alexis and Drake.
That old lady i posted merely used her eyes to navigate menus, kinda like a computer mouse. it was really her brain that had an implanted processor, allowing her to make lightning fast decisions.

BTW, i don't know if I would consider an eye to qualify your characters as Cyborgs...
By definition yes, but it's such a small detail.

just something to think about.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:24 pm
True, it is by definition that they would be. However, I think it's such a small detail it would be up to the person to say if they are, in fact, considering themselves a Cyborg. I think there has to be a certain percent of a persons body replaced by mechanical parts before they can't just be called a Human with Prosthetic replacements, Upgrades, Cybernetic Parts, ect... That all Make sense?

Now on the babies and the floating thing...

The explanations seem logical so far. I simply accredited it to a no-gravity environment. However, that would simply mean weightlessness. So it would have to be a force that repelled a person or object as to make it float away from the planet, implying that there is gravity, but there would also be another force greater than the gravity to a certain extent. Thus, you could still have weight and also have negative weight. Everyone with me?

The flowers are fairly easy to put logic to. As it was said before, maybe the flowers contain a gas lighter than air. However, if the flowers absorbed helium from their surrounding to gain the ability it would only work if they were harvested. So maybe the plants produce the gas naturally and fill up a sack and float that way. Not that there is helium in the air we normally breath, it's just too small an amount to seem realistic that the flowers can absorb enough to float.
Meh¿

I do so enjoy Sci-Fi ^o=o^  

Darastri lexex

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:10 pm
that explanation seems reasonable other then the fact that all mass has gravity. So every planet, no matter how small, will still have an attraction to the mass of people.
The flowers are perfectly reasonable other than the fact that helium cannot be produced by anything short of nuclear fusion reactions.

a more logical explanation would be some other common, naturally occurring and buoyant gas such as methane.
Now i don't think the floating babies can produce enough methane to float, which is why i came up with the polarity explanation.

Or, more likely, it could be a combination of effects. Such as polarity with the gravitational field of a nearby planet and gases combined.

Also, i'll be gone for a wedding soon. I'll be missing for about 4 days. Just FYI.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:11 pm
My parents are telling me to pack my bags... I didn't know i'd be leaving for the wedding so soon! i thought it was not for another 2 days before i leave.
they say we're leaving tomorrow! gonk

Dammit, well, i'll be on later tonight and hopefully i can get some gaia time when i'm down there.

At least i'll be back in California for a few days. i miss that sunshine.  

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:02 pm
If you're reading this Lex, you may take over the pirate raid, i can't think of any way to make it flow proper.

i was going to make something along the lines of:
-Bootstrap only has enough intercepting missiles to defend himself.
-Lead-head has suffered damage to his motor drives and is having trouble getting up from the last time he was knocked over.
-the sentry bots are giving the humanoid mechs trouble. since they were designed to prevent human intruders, they target the mechs similarly, attacking their optics (heads) and moving too fast to be attacked by the plasma cutters.
-Carl is going to fire all his energy weapons at once before he is hit by the missiles. He saves himself but his mech shuts off from overpowering the core. He tries frantically to restart it before Drake reaches him.
-The captain sees things going to hell and gives the order to get on the ship.

idk what after that. Lead-head gets messed up by missiles.
You can let the situation go as you please, i'm just letting you know what i would have said.

i'm leaving tomorrow, but it's not like my presence is critical to your individual stories.

Shadowknight has permission to join the carrier group of colonel jones.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:08 am
yea, that explanation makes more sense, we'll go with that xd  

krcangel

Sparkly Hunter

4,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Kagetama

Enduring Seeker

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:18 am
I apologize for my mistake. I wasn't trying to god mod, I simply wanted Blitz to enter the battle with a bang- and NOT kill any of the characters. I'll be fixing it right away.

As a side note, his mech is humanoid, like a gundam, so it would actually be perfectly feasable for him to sight along an arrow.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:26 pm
I had no problem with the sighting part of the line. Notice I had underlined the part I wanted to draw attention to . I am aware of the picture you used for the mech. So I do thank you for your adjustment.  

Darastri lexex

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:13 pm
I'm glad that whole mess was sorted out pretty well, and quickly too.
My apologies for sounding so harsh Kagetama. I have a severe cold and the mood it brings is very sour.

I'll be back home with regular internet access within a few days. In the meantime I'll continue to drop by whenever i can to check up on the RP.

Happy roleplaying everyone! I gotta go drink some Nyquil. I hate that stuff but i feel so mellow afterwards! xp  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:06 pm
I just realised that the UNSC carrier doesn't have a name.. xp  

krcangel

Sparkly Hunter

4,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:53 pm
@krcangel: lol, make one up! xp

Also, due to lack of research, I have just discovered that light speed is not fast enough for conveyance around the MilkyWay.
I will resort to trans-dimensional warps made possible by an engine created in 2100 that utilizes dark energy.

no wonder most Sci-fi resorts to 'warp' instead of light-speed...

Also, it has come to my attention that our mech classifications need specificity.
Common, or battlefield variety mechs will use a classification and scale in accordance to BattleTech literature and cannon.
Notice however, that I am only classifying battlefield mechs and not the large 100 story tall city destroyer mechs that fall more in line with Supreme Commander scales.

Although I must mention that the Heavy and Assault classes are a little too light for my taste, I will think about it and decide later if we should hold our mechs to those classifications.

Those with Gundam, Zoids, or Armored Core mechs should apply this scale to their mech. Only by weight (estimated) and for our RP, average building stories tall. Unless they are highly specialized or overly large machines that cannot be classed. Custom mechs should be classed as well if possible.
This is all so we can achieve a common sense of scale to our mechs. It can also balance the playing field, meaning that the more heavily armed a mech is, the slower or less armor it may have.
for example, Gundam type mechs may be many stories tall but still fast and not weigh very much, therefore falling under a classification according to weight, not height.

I'll make the changed to the RP skeleton in a couple days.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:19 am
I would but I'm really bad at naming things. People I have no problem with, but when it comes to pets and inanimate objects I have no clue, probably due to my tendency to name unnamed things 'Bob'. sweatdrop  

krcangel

Sparkly Hunter

4,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:06 am
@krcangel: Sounds bad-a**. I tend to name most things 'bob' right off the bat.
What do you think? UNSC Carrier Bob.
or how about the UNSC Carrier Hornet
(or Wasp, or some other vicious swarming insect?)

Also, did anyone else notice the striking similarity between the structure of my RP and the RP "Bio-tech" in the sci-fi forum...

he even took the "code" thing for RP profiles but it looks like they failed at it...
*suspicious* stare  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces