Nostalgia thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:03 pm
Nostalgic colors for me are red and orange, and like Kegan said, the sepia tone, but that's mostly due to association from movies and things. Yeah, I read everyone else's posts.

Of course stuff I did when I was young is really nostalgiac. The two things that stand out the strongest are both games. Mario games. Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 3 were probably my adoptive parents growing up; even though I did play them a lot with my mom. We played a lot of Mario 2 as well, but just seeing the pastel yellow sky in SMB3 pulls at my heartstrings. If I play that game it's got to be on my NES. No emulators or remakes do it just right for me. My first memory is playing SMB3. I would always try to strategize so I got to do stage five, but my friends and I would fight about it. XD

These are early memories, obviously. Pokemon is a "no s**t" nostalgia. I was the biggest Pokemon fan at our school. XD You name the merchandise, I had it. The cards were huge. The games were huge. I remember trading Pokemon cards at my friend's house when we were supposed to be doing homework. And then when it was time for homework I snuck in my Pikachu calculator to get it done super fast.

Mario Kart 64 was another huge one. I remember when my family and friends couldn't scrounge up four N64 controllers at any stores or anywhere so to play four player we rented another N64 to get its controllers. Nice summer nights with the cool summer breeze blowing in through the windows of my blue room as we sped down the various circuits... I wish I could go back to that.

Other than the commercial side of nostalgia, there's a lot that can make me swell up with that sweet feeling. Going to where I used to live is a big one. I met my lifelong friends in the first place I remember living; which was a really cheap apartment complex. It seemed to take forever to walk to Duck's apartment, but it now takes about five seconds.

Staring at the sun, the ice cream truck, cornfields that lead to places you've never been before. I used to hide the colored rocks that go in the bottom of aquariums under the front mat in front of our house. Catching frogs with my bare hands and keeping them as pets. Gravel roads. Sitting in old, musty cars, waiting for someone, listening to a tape of some country guy. Lazy days at home with no agenda, laying in the living room watching the traffic go by for hours...

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:43 am
[Kegan]
We liked to do whatever video games and s**t and our own original characters... I figured myself something of the leader of these games, because my imagination was the most wild.
Yeah, we sometimes made fan characters. When we were sitting inside when it was raining on a lunch break, we sat and drew them and stuff like that. I also taught a few people how to not draw like crap.  

Super Cheesio

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:50 pm
VHS, cassettes, Bubblicious gum, memories of listening to 90s music, certain warm days spent outside when the air smells a certian way....It all reminds me of my childhood.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:53 pm
I associate red (Nintendo!), blue, black and yellow with nostalgic feelings. I read everyone's too before posting. Heheh.

Anyway, when I was younger I did a lot of video game skits which really were everything my friends were playing: Rayman, Globox Spyro, Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, Kirby, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mario, Yoshi stand out the most for me. I was also the leader~ I had a crazier imagination back then. We would invent entire video game ideas and stories during this afterschool program we all went to since my parents couldn't pick me up early because they both worked. In fact, along with one of my friends I invented an entire Spyro game. I recently found the notebook I wrote it in. It's in-depth. And in cursive. Hard to decipher.

Rainbows, Ice, and water are really nostalgic for me. Rivers especially since my first home (an apartment) was right by a levy and a river. Every Saturday my mom and I would go across the bridge to the College for Burger King and THE ARCADE. One of the reasons Pinball is nostalgic for me. And Puzzle Bobble, that game is so awesome. I always used to call it Bubble Bobble though. Sounds better.

Pokémon is a no s**t nostalgia. I was completely obsessed. Cards, Plushies, Games (no wai), PIKACHU CALCULATOR,
Oh! Mario, Q*Bert, and Pacman. My dad used to have this Pacman game where I Feel Good would play when you grabbed a pill. And I would play Mario Go Fish! (Best computer game ever~) and the updated version of Q*Bert.

Old movies, darkness, the moon, LOBSTERS, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Rain, Swings, Labtops (I used to call them and did so for years I also did commercial skits. For Laptops.), George Carlin, Phonographs, The Beatles...

In all seriousness, Nostalgia makes me nostalgia. I came into this thread awhile ago and couldn't think of anything to say but now I actually have to stop. This is getting outta control. OH! Late note, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario World, and Sonic Adventure Battle 2 (What I used to call it. >w>) That's why that cutscene makes me feel fuzzy inside. I can't be bothered by it.

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:25 pm
Caramel, recently turned 20.

For me, nostalgia isn't always a happy thing.

For instance, the sound of a sewing machine makes me think of my mother...
I have random memories of things from my childhood, like being about three or four and running through the sprinklers with my chubby little thighs. My bathing suit was a hunter green one piece.
Or of things I loved, like running home from the bus stop to watch Sailor Moon, or curling up in my favorite chair to play Pokemon on my grape GameBoy Color, or reading until O fell asleep...

Those things are a deep translucent blue, a bright white, and a blush-y pink with a hint of gold, respectively...

And music... songs from the nineties... makes me think back... possibly to when I first heard the song, and maybe how once upon a time it was just a song... but now the words ring true to something I've been through... But yeah, nyu...

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:29 pm
Oh, I forgot something. What REALLY gets me nostalgic is the old Playstation (or was it just Sony?) Logo start up from the PS1 games. I love the music.  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

Tae-Kwon-Doh-Boy

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:14 pm
My memory goes all the way back to June 15th, 1994 all the way to the present we live in. From there, I remember a happy childhood that had much to do with learning well in single-book curriculums, playing games using mine and my friends' imaginations in our backyards, and adapting well to video games. My siblings' rebellion soured my life quite a bit, but my friends in both worlds (Earth and the Internet), my Faith, and easy-going attitude kept me going.
Red, white, brown and blue have always been my favorite colors.
The commercialized goodies that still make me smile include Faygo labels before 1999, the Offspring's older work, those funny Sega commercials (one that ended with a flopping trashcan and another that ended with a hotdog that squirmed its mustard to yell "SEGA!!!" - I've found neither on YT).
Me and my buds always made a point in reenacting our favorite moments from the X-MEN cartoons (I made the best of being Cyclops, even doing the puppy love thing).
For cartoons at home, I was told that I watched too much, ironically being told I watched too little in my early-mid teen years. My favorites were Sonic, Batman, Spider-Man, the earlier Superman episodes, and my quest to find the few Nintendo-based TV shows that ever existed.

Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff