Reply Pokémon Defenders
The truth about Pokémon... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trumpster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:11 pm
Because all pokemon are geneticaly engineered creatures designed to go into the balls. Hey, I'm going for the sci-fi approach. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:32 pm
Toko Ojin
I was not referencing the show at all. I don't approve of the way the show was done. Allthough I am guessing you are talking about the manga since you said fearow, but I don't remember it fainting, it looked paralyzed to me.

Yup. I like the manga better. misty's hair is cooler, and the hover-cars are coolio. 3nodding  

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:09 pm
Before Gonbe, don't Snorlax eggs weigh a ton? Or does the egg start out small, but when it hatches a huge Snorlax crushes you while carrying it?

Also if you keep complainging about the kangaskan, we'll end up with a stupid prevoloution for it. (the baby)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:07 pm
Inazuman Frash
Before Gonbe, don't Snorlax eggs weigh a ton? Or does the egg start out small, but when it hatches a huge Snorlax crushes you while carrying it?

Also if you keep complainging about the kangaskan, we'll end up with a stupid prevoloution for it. (the baby)
Of course Pokémon have to grow like normal animals (humas included). But, damn, those gotta be some big eggs, coming from a Snorlax! o__O; And why isn't there a pre-evolution of Khangaskhan yet? confused There should have been. It doesn't make sense to get pregnant as soon as you're born.  

Odango Usagi

Load Chaud

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:48 pm
lil mo 04
on the pokeball subject then why cant people be caught?

Well, I don't remember EXACTLY where I read this, but I do remember it was an official source...

You see... Technically, all Pokémon are classified as the same specie (sinus monstrum). Their DNA are similar enough to be classified as such. However, the differences in DNA results in the different subspecies (Pikachu, Suicune, Mew, etc.).

So... My guess is that Poké Balls are made to only respond to that Pokémon DNA. Which is why you couldn't catch a human with one.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:55 pm
Load Chaud
lil mo 04
on the pokeball subject then why cant people be caught?

Well, I don't remember EXACTLY where I read this, but I do remember it was an official source...

You see... Technically, all Pokémon are classified as the same specie (sinus monstrum). Their DNA are similar enough to be classified as such. However, the differences in DNA results in the different subspecies (Pikachu, Suicune, Mew, etc.).

So... My guess is that Poké Balls are made to only respond to that Pokémon DNA. Which is why you couldn't catch a human with one.

That's in the manga, if you pay attention enough. 3nodding  

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

Load Chaud

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:04 pm
It's been so long since I last read the comics, how would I have remembered that? And which comics? Toshihiro Ono's comics (Electric Tale of Pikachu, Pikachu Shocks Back, etc.) or Pokémon Adventures?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:51 pm
crying I want to see this manga you keep talking about, I miss so many interesting things, it's hard enough to find some proper japanese anime. crying  

Trumpster

oGolem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:28 pm
Ahh, luvdisk sushi. Delish. Some suggest that most pokemon would be live-born, having no eggs; but the games cannot, of course, reflect this... What with the Pidgeotto and the Beedrill and all.

Miltank, for example. It has an UDDER! That screams "mammal" to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:30 am
Actually I had a thought that the pokéggs were like pokéballs and were all the same size and when the egg hatches it releases the pokémon at full size, and why pokéballs were invented was because of the study of pokémon eggs and only pokémon can be caught because they came from those special eggs.  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Andy1989

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:44 am
I have my own question...How can Execute hatch from an egg?! I'm not even sure if it's possible since I haven't tryed it; but if it's possible in the game; how can 5 eggs be hatched from one egg?! An egg hatching from an egg makes no sense but then they add 4 other eggs!! Confused=Andy  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:19 am
Andy1989
I have my own question...How can Execute hatch from an egg?! I'm not even sure if it's possible since I haven't tryed it; but if it's possible in the game; how can 5 eggs be hatched from one egg?! An egg hatching from an egg makes no sense but then they add 4 other eggs!! Confused=Andy

Well you could always go with the idea that you can change all the rules inside your own imagination wink that's what imagination is for, filling in the holes that are left in games and movies either deliberately or accidentially. 3nodding

Anyway, I think execute is created as 1 egg and when it finds more ungrouped execute they join together because they are desperate for company, of no more then 5. xd so the execute join up together quickly after they are laid and are rarely seen seperate.  

Trumpster

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:26 am
Load Chaud
It's been so long since I last read the comics, how would I have remembered that? And which comics? Toshihiro Ono's comics (Electric Tale of Pikachu, Pikachu Shocks Back, etc.) or Pokémon Adventures?

I have the Toshihiro Ono ones. I don't remember it being in those ... but I only have four of them -- the two you mentioned, Electric Pikachu Boogaloo, and Surf's Up, Pikachu. Are there more? Ono's comics are the best!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:36 am
Mr. Ono made a total of 16 comics (at least, going by the American distribution. I'm not sure how the Japanese version of the comic was handled). Each set of four had a different subtitle. They were:
1-4: The Electric Tale of Pikachu
5-8: Pikachu Shocks Back
9-12: Electric Pikachu Boogaloo
13-16: Surf's Up, Pikachu!

Which if I remember correctly, ended when Ash beat the Orange League (his comics were loosely based on the cartoon).

I'm not sure why it ended, though. I've heard a rumor from a friend, and this may be completely false...
What I heard was that people thought his comics were a bit too mature for Pokémon comics (just look at how he draws them women! Epecially Gary's sister in the issue! °_°), since Pokémon is a property that Nintendo aims at children (deny it as much as you want, it's true. But that doesn't me we older folk can't like it, too!). I think the first issue of the English comic went by uncut, but the following wer censored a bit. Women were edited to wear less revealing clothing, their breasts were reduced, and a bathing scene with Misty (nothing private was shown in the Japanese version) was completely cut from the English release. And I guess even in Japan, this was considered a bit risque for a Pokémon comic. So they cancelled it.
Of course... this could be entirely wrong.

The other Pokémon comics (called Pokémon Adventures. Story by Hidenori Kusaka. Art by Mato. Based more on the game than the cartoon) still goes on in Japan, I think. They have issues starring the Ruby and Sapphire characters. I'm not sure if it's still translated, though (I haven't bothered to check).  

Load Chaud

Flanny-Chan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:37 am
Trumpster
Anyway, I think execute is created as 1 egg and when it finds more ungrouped execute they join together because they are desperate for company, of no more then 5. xd so the execute join up together quickly after they are laid and are rarely seen seperate.

Well, you're right. In a Pokédex I've read that sometimes an Exeggutor head drops off, which is then a single Exeggcute confused They seek other Exeggcute and form a group.  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff