Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
So cute. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

And sad.
  But so cute.
View Results

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:57 pm
Dude: I saw it more of how life is. You can hardly find that guy anymore that will risk his life to do something he believes is right. The "true gentlemen" is like that astronaut gone or a dieing breed.

Purple: *nods* True...but then again who is to say there aren't "Romeo and Juliet"s of real life? *shrugs* But really it was a cute but sad little movie. I loved the whole hair shake thing like he was trying to impress someone. *laughs*  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:19 pm
Romeo and Juliet kill themselves. lol I hope that in real life there aren't too many people doing that...  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:26 pm
Obviously not too many, or we'd have a population decrease. xd But there are still people who do that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:14 pm
OMG I FOUND MY TRUE LOVE. HE USES THE SAME HAIR PRODUCTS AS ME AND WE BOTH LISTEN TO MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. I'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED A MORE PERFECT MATCH!

/wrists

lol  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:55 pm
MR: And that's why they're all dead.
They all died doing things for every else.
I'd like to have a much longer life, thank you ^.^

Iakun: I don't understand the "/wrists" thing question  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:31 pm
What is "/"? A slash. Therefore, "/wrists". Simple.

Although, that's making light of a serious depression problem.

Doing what you believe is right doesn't usually mean risking your life. True heroes aren't gone because they died being heroes. They're gone because society taught them that money and fame were more important than having principles or helping others.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:15 pm
Oh.
Slash wrist??? WHY MAN, WHY?

Sacrificing yourself (whether your life, money, or time) is pointless if no one would even care enough to appriciate it.

And there are VERY few in this world that would bother to even notice that someone else did something nice just for them.

I don't know what came first:
People not caring enough to bother to be nice,
or people not caring enough to bother to notice nice things done for them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:39 pm
Geez I feel like my joke post just went over people's heads. Forget about it then. sweatdrop

Sacrificing yourself in expectation of appreciation is selfish and a rather empty sacrifice to begin with. There is something "selfish" about sacrifice/helping others, and that's simply the good feeling that should come after you've helped someone. You really shouldn't need anything more than that.

I can't put the blame entirely on people who don't recognize someone helping them. As a society, we've been taught to be a little paranoid and cut-throat because we put importance on helping ourselves.

I don't think things happen in a convenient chronological order like that. That sort of paradigm just slowly morphs into being.  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:01 pm
Iakun
Geez I feel like my joke post just went over people's heads. Forget about it then. sweatdrop

Sacrificing yourself in expectation of appreciation is selfish and a rather empty sacrifice to begin with. There is something "selfish" about sacrifice/helping others, and that's simply the good feeling that should come after you've helped someone. You really shouldn't need anything more than that.

I can't put the blame entirely on people who don't recognize someone helping them. As a society, we've been taught to be a little paranoid and cut-throat because we put importance on helping ourselves.

I don't think things happen in a convenient chronological order like that. That sort of paradigm just slowly morphs into being.

Sorry, I just didn't find it funny. I've known too many people with serious depression problems, and one who killed himself. So I tend to take that sort of thing seriously.

But this:
"Sacrificing yourself in expectation of appreciation is selfish and a rather empty sacrifice to begin with. There is something "selfish" about sacrifice/helping others, and that's simply the good feeling that should come after you've helped someone. You really shouldn't need anything more than that." That is exactly what I think. Pure, perfect sacrifice comes from something outside of the desire to be appreciated or even to help others. It's pure choice, which takes us into philosophy. But I'll skip that part so as not to make anyone's head spin. You get the point. whee

Anyway, yeah, stuff like that happens at the same time. There's no this-then.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:26 pm
is a sacrifice a sacrifice if you're doing out of principle? cool just a thought  

Tybarious

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:34 pm
Iakun: You're right. I didn't get any joke... sorry v.v
Whether the person expects appriciation or not, it would still be a waste, because once your dead, no one will remember it anyway.
The only thing that should matter to you is the happyness of the moment.
If doing things for others makes you happy, then so be it.
Just don't get carried away with it like he did.
I'm sure there could have been a better way, if he had just stopped to think about it first.

Tybar: IMO, yes.
If something is lost, then it's a sacrifice.
And if that something can NEVER be gotten back, then it's a waste.
Especially sence no one will remember you for it in the future.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:42 pm
xwhateverxdudex
Whether the person expects appriciation or not, it would still be a waste, because once your dead, no one will remember it anyway.

But therein lies your expectation of some sort of reward of being remembered as some awesome person, or hero for your sacrifice. Who's to say the person you helped wouldn't remember? Who's to say others who witnessed wouldn't remember? Isn't it just good enough to know you helped someone? Perhaps helping that person was one of your main goals in this life. I would think it would be somewhat more enriching to be altruistic rather than only living for yourself.

confused But then again even parents these days are so selfish they don't do what's necessary for their own kids...  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:06 pm
Iakun
xwhateverxdudex

But therein lies your expectation of some sort of reward of being remembered as some awesome person, or hero for your sacrifice. Who's to say the person you helped wouldn't remember? Who's to say others who witnessed wouldn't remember? Isn't it just good enough to know you helped someone? Perhaps helping that person was one of your main goals in this life. I would think it would be somewhat more enriching to be altruistic rather than only living for yourself.

confused But then again even parents these days are so selfish they don't do what's necessary for their own kids...

Exactly. 3nodding

And yeah, but that doesn't mean everyone's like that.

And, Ty, yes, it is a sort of sacrifice. But true choice comes from outside of principle, as well. It's difficult to comprehend, but that's how it works.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:37 am
I guess it depends on the person.

Everyone has their own idea of what makes a sacrifice.
And whether it would be worth the cost.

Personally I don't think the loss of ones life is worth just getting 2 people together.
Especially if they never knew the other existed in the first place.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:09 pm
Definitively speaking, a sacrifice is anything that has to be given up, whether a life or a hamburger.

And the astronaut was being noble. He didn't know that telling the moon pimples about each other would set off such a tragic chain of events. He was preventing two creatures from spending their lives in solitude. Everyone dies. The important thing is not how long you live, but HOW you live.

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff