Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Immortality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:38 am
Oborosen
Yes, it is possible.
But the process is long. Arduous and involves many, many sacrifices.

But I can give you one piece of advice. Immortality is nothing great at all.
Everything that begins, must have an end.

>_> I've got to hear this one. Maybe he mistook a Slaughterhouse Five or Jitterbug perfume for an occult text. If there is some mystical text that allows for immortality I've yet to find it however this does spark an interest to see if there is actually a feasible text he might be suggesting.

In essence...
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:35 am
I found one scientific text so far about the issue of immortality. It deals mostly with stem cell research, cloning, selective breeding ect ect. Nothing really obtuse or occult about it. Mostly straight forward science. It mentions things about nanotechnology to perhaps prolong our lives but as far as mystical means for the common conjurer no real acknowledgment. I won't read the book to you. You all have eyes ;P

I put a link to it up on my website. The Immortality Institute - The Scientific Conquest of Death.

I still want to hear the answer from Oborosen's source. I'm interested. When I get interested in something that usually means bad things x_x

heart

It's a fairly large pdf file so chillax if it takes a bit to download.

heart -- Vittoria  

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:56 pm
There is also the possibly of mind uploading and copying to clones but that would defy the original idea. You could also use clones to replace dying parts, but that's lots of surgery and creepy as hell.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:57 pm
eh overrated death is a part of life just accept it.  

josh of earth2

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:14 am
Do Di Do Di Doooo....

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=7880954#.T3_2hfu84sA
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20299095,00.html

Still want immortality now?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:29 am
Uh no.. truely immortal isn't possible..

but for me, the way I look at it... past lives and as we keep on living over and over.. is like being immortal.. but.. yet.. we forget our recent past life unless you uncover it.. ^u^ Our soul is what keeps living...
Our body is a mere vessel... so uh yeah.. 3nodding  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Satans Dolly

Beloved Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:43 pm
Zurah
Satrevi
Kami No Kotoba
Mitsh
Oborosen
Yes, it is possible.
But the process is long. Arduous and involves many, many sacrifices.

But I can give you one piece of advice. Immortality is nothing great at all.
Everything that begins, must have an end.

Go for it. Tell us how to do it.

Yes. I'd like to know too.
biggrin Ditto.
Yes, please. I'd really love to know!

You would have to have a coven with highly devoted members I would think. Sacrifices to demons or something on the like....But again highly unlikely.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:12 am
Immortality is something I wouldn't wish upon not even to enemies. It may seem like a good idea at first but then look at the reality behind it, while others die around you...you are the only one left alive, relationships separate as family, friend like families and even your wife die. To be immortal would be a curse if anything, live on this land forever and only wish for progress to move faster. Those who wish for immortality do not wish for the capability to be immortal but rather wish to see how far we can develop technology, where it ends etc.

If you were truly immortal, you would become alone the moment your generation dies. You could continue to interact with other humans but you would soon find your self to be alone again. Generations will pass and with the diseases [we even have a virus that creates zombie like symptons], global warming and everything happening you'd soon find your self to be the only thing left on the earth. To theoretically be immortal would mean your state would be frozen, your hair would not fall out or grow, you would never grow hungry, you would never age etc...Your body would be frozen in time.

If you took into account the fact that you are even reusing your own energy and never consuming new types of energy, depression would also hit, most likely at a all-time high after your second wife who successfully passed on with out divorcing you dies.

After humanity was to die off, the worst would be to watch what has been left of humanity, to forever have a view of the scars on earth of what humanity has done, barren buildings perhaps a war before everything died off...mutated creatures, bodies rotting, no one left except your self. The earth would heal over the milleniums but you would be trapped there, literally reinventing everything humans have made from scratch..alone, deserted with limited resources, watching the slightest changes in earth. Awaiting for the day when the earth blew up, and then what? You would continue to float in space, as immortality would also lead to being invincible...you would drift around and pass through black holes as if they were nothing...but due to the lack of light, you would most likely never notice you passed through one.

If immortality was to be possible, you would have to break your developing clock. You would have to retain your energy in your body, even your hair and hold it in place. So to accomplish immortality, you'd basically have to be the master of meditation to the point where you could meditate and freeze your body.

Pro tip from me: Don't drive your self insane trying to become immortal, it's overrated and meditating to such an extent is probably just as over rated.  

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games