Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avatar: The Last Airbender- All Nations Welcome

Back to Guilds

Welcome to the Avatar: The Last Airbender Guild; Here to talk and have fun all based on Avatar the last Airbender. 

Tags: ATLA, Avatar, Airbender, Bending, Cartoon 

Reply Avatar: the last Airbender- All Nations Welcome
New info on the Movie!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-Fawk-x

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:51 pm
the last airbender come out on july 2nd thats my birthday XD smile thats cool  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:01 pm
they moved the movie date to july 1st i noticed...  

Master Momoku

Treythebest_11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:06 pm
Hmmm.. Maybe zuko's scar isn't there because it was before his father gave him the scar. The movie probably shows bit's of all the characters past time.

And hey the posters still look cool biggrin !!
And I hope the movie will be great!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:09 pm
The posters look AMAZING!!

And people need to cool down on the bashing. Yes, they could have chosen better actors for the movie. I would prefer they not taint Avatar with the likes of an actor who was in the Abominable creations known as Twilight. But we can't all get what we wanted.
Give them a chance. If you care to notice OMG the hairstyles aren't EXACTLY like they are in the series! OH NOES!
The imagery is amazing, they did a good job putting things together, and I do love that Appa looks great, for a creature they had to CI and animatronic.

Yes, we have our own opinions on the matter regarding casting, what they've done to the characters ETC, but there are time and money constraints on them that they can't ignore, otherwise it would be different. Granted that has nothing to do with making Sokka so serious in the movie.... sad
One of the reasons they cast the guy who's playing Sokka was that he brought more money to the table to help with the movie.

for those of you who haven't had a Communications education, a big name actor on a film brings money. depending on the actor and type of film, it can be a TON of money. companies are willing to offer more money when they think an actor will bring in a bigger audience. Sadness sad I'd think Randall Duk Kim would bring a ton haha....

lets hope that its as awesome as the trailers look.  

BadWolf_Arianna21

5,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Profitable 100

nekosweaty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:59 pm
happy early bday! i can't wait to see that movie!!!! i hear there's gonna be 3 parts to it and toph comes in the 2nd.... confused  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:28 pm
dude! they're not asians! And that one guy does not look like Zuko!! his hair is not spikey!! Aang's arrows don't look right! Sokka's ponytail is not high enough and not supposed to look that manly xp  

gooDnitEdreameR52

mandk13

750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:31 pm
I want to see the movie but I have a feeling that it will suck because of the cast  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:04 pm
I guess everyone's just so used to seeing the cartoon that, when put into reality, directors I bet don't have enough money or auditions to make the movie completely accurate.

Am I right or a bit side tracked?  

TJ Moon
Crew

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Beckygan
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:28 pm
You are possibly right.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:23 am
ii_yuMMicaKe52_ii
dude! they're not asians! And that one guy does not look like Zuko!! his hair is not spikey!! Aang's arrows don't look right! Sokka's ponytail is not high enough and not supposed to look that manly xp
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

he's sad to hear you say that  

foxycake

foxycake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:51 am
Azula will be portrayed by Summer Bishil

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

here's the article:
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00033545.html  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:58 am
im goin to see this on july 1 at 12:00 am  

xxiidarkbunnyxx

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Lady_Sapphomet

Dangerous Genius

9,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:28 pm
my friend saw it and she told me some things about it. some things that made me not want to see the movie, like the fact that they pronounce alot of the names weird, like aang, instead of rhyming with bang, it rhymes with long. and katara, they pronounced it KAY-tara....dumb. and sokka? they pronounced it like you pronounce soda. la-a-a-a-a-a-a-ame. totally. oh, and iro, to. tsk tsk tsk.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:34 pm
They mispronounced aangs name D:<
That really annoyed me.
And yes I wish they didn't pick the twilight charcter either. He looks nothing like sokka.

I always thot zukko was sexy ;B
This guys.... isn't D;
And wears my scar!

FeralMilk

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

sir xcuse me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:37 am
i dont think they should have got better actors just actors that look like the characters  
Avatar: the last Airbender- All Nations Welcome

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff