Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor Moon meant to be like Power Rangers!?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:19 am
I think I'm gonna take the safe path and not look. it would likely render me blind and my eyes burn until I can taste the burning. viewing it will be a tragedy much like when Mae Young flashed the crowd at the Royal Rumble prior to March 5th 2000, when I saw live and in person, Mae Young getting powerbombed by Buh-Buh Ray Dudley through a table. I'll maybe take a look if I can get over how bad American animation is.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:11 pm
okay weird  

BakaRasheru

Mishuri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:51 am

I have never heard or seen that before but i don't like the sounds of it at all, i like the Sailor Moon series taht used to be on before it was cancelled which was crap....makes me sad to think about it sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:11 am
No one needs to worry, this is never going to happen. It was only considered before the anime came over here. We're talking over 10 years ago.  

Zahmira

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:20 pm
yeah, pretty much the case. when dubbed in English it was butchered too badly, and Dic and Cloverway forgot the main lessons of SM, humanity, and that love is gonna conquer ALL.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:16 am
RAPTOR948
I think I'm gonna take the safe path and not look. it would likely render me blind and my eyes burn until I can taste the burning. viewing it will be a tragedy much like when Mae Young flashed the crowd at the Royal Rumble prior to March 5th 2000, when I saw live and in person, Mae Young getting powerbombed by Buh-Buh Ray Dudley through a table. I'll maybe take a look if I can get over how bad American animation is.

I remember that! I was actually glad Buh-Buh powerbombed her! It was great!  

Darkness Cake

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:51 pm
were you in the Springfeild Civic Center when you saw it? it was March 5th, 2000, I saw it live in the Springfeild Civic Center. ^_^

speaking of powerbombs, I'm reminded of some SM video games I played. an in-close grab move for Sailor Jupiter is a Suplex in one, but in a later game it's changed to a powerbomb. ^_^ I made Mako-chan in Day of Reckoning 2. hard to do, but it had to be a casual look. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:45 am
Ouch!

BTW, I love that Chobits signature!  

Tala Tiva

Mercvrya

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:47 pm
Naoko should sue them for that...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:34 pm
Love For Nana
Naoko should sue them for that...
sounds like a plan, but dont forget, it was something presented as a suggestion. Saban wasnt the brightest bulb, and I'm sure that Lady Naoko saw how Saban screwed over DBZ and then after taking a look at the live-action SM-wannabe she told saban to go ******** themselves, then went for Dic suggestion of dubbing. I think it would've been better to have A.D.V. to do the dubbing like for Evangelion. I saw someones profile with an episode in Japanese with english subs done by ADV and I gotta say, splendidly done. ^_^  

RAPTOR948

Shore_Angel_Rebirth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:08 pm
ChibiWitch
Hey I just wanted to see if any other die hard Sailor Moon fan out there ever saw this little AVI floating around on the net...
Aparently before DIC got the rights to Sailor Moon their was another company out there who tried to make Sailor Moon a live action show...like the Power Rangers.....and Sailor Jupiter was in a wheel chair!
Anyway I use to have a small clip of one of these trial episodes and wanted to see if anyone else out there had ever seen or heard about this besides me. If so write back..tell me what you think.

That's interesting but I don't think it would have done nearly as well were it live action. Have you seen how far Power Rangers has deviated from the original story? It used to be cool but now it sucks butt sad  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:31 am
I've see that clip befor it's kidd scary..soo glad got to publish it first..even if it was a bad dubbed  

Darrlena

Friendly Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200

Tsukiusada

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:42 am
weird........................  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:39 am
DiC made Sailor Moon to be exactly that,Power Rangers.They cut out loads of stuff and made nice songs loud and horrible.

Dub Sailor Moon is just a girls Power Rangers to them. sweatdrop  

Twinkleh

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:10 pm
I liked how Luna was a fluffy white persian kitty in the clip, and of course all the bad dancing by the ugly actresses

oh and how Sailor Mars was black and Sailor Venus was crippled (haven't u ever noticed in American super-hero shows theres always a white leader, a black person, a crippled person, a asian/mexican, and a ugly and/or smart person....)

yeah...that's what that was...
how 'bout the lyrics to that theme song...wooo, and i thought the DiC song was bad...

thank god for DiC and Toei's good judgement, IT COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE MY FRIENDS!  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff