Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Fiery death! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

True story.
  But is it awesome or scary?
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:33 pm
YOU'RE ALL WRONG !!!

Before I die, I'd like to have sex, with a cute girl?

WOOHP: World Organization Of Human Protection.
It's the secret agency that Sam, Clover, and Alex work for
on "Totally Spies"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:46 pm
Lol, personally I don't see these games as much more than an extension of the Extreme Games craze. People will talk about honoring the history of them, but nobody will really care. And it certainly won't bring about the end of anything. blaugh

And WOOHP is an acronym, not a proper spelling for "whoop."

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Tybarious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:25 pm
looks like someone been playing scrabble  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:53 pm
Dude: I thought of that but I didn't think you were so cliche. ^_~ *Points then smacks face then anime falls* I should have known that! Oh man I use to watch that show all the time! OMG I should have known that!

Purple: You're probably right but man we had fun blowing it out of proportion didn't we? ^_~ Then again it'll probably stir up some trouble and quite a few nut jobs so it's all good!

Ty: I thought it was "Scrabble" god no wonder I suck at that game! xp  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Jealous_Monster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:39 pm
you've got to be ****ing me! i can't pound a guy into the ground for hitting on my girl but when they call it a "revive" a cultural sport it's okay to murder?

okay and i think i missed something on how the end of the world came about from the revive old murder games from ancient times but hey what else is new when you forget you joined a site on the net for your girl.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:23 pm
Moon: It is Scrabble. confused Is there a game called "Scribble"?

JM: Well, they're not intending to kill people. xp So, no on the murder. I'm just betting that people will get injured and possibly killed if they don't use modern safety equipment.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:04 pm
Purple: Oh thank god...though I do suck at that game. *blinks* Is there? I don't know I haven't been in a game board isle in so long I don't know what's out anymore.

Monster: Yeah what purple said though if they actually get accurate then yeah okay murder will be involved though it'll be okay because it'll be called "sacrifice" not murder. *chuckles* But seriously I wouldn't be surprised if some nut jobs came out and said something about it not being "Historically accurate" because of the protection gear or because there isn't any sacrifices going on.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:30 pm
Jealous_Monster: Ms. Purple is correct they more then likely have no intentions of killing anyone; however, people are bound to be hurt in the game as in any sport someone will always get hurt in one way or another. So there will be no murders involved. However, factor in the fact that ancient Aztec and Mayan games were quite violent and hard on the body it is easy to see where you thought murder would be involved. I do however agree that it is quite unfair that one thing is considered bad, but when twisted slightly and given a new name it's alright.

Purpleravenhawk: I find it interesting to see how they will take ancient games and bring them into the modern times with little damage done to the players. I wonder though will it be short lived because it does not catch on or will it become the next sensation because it is so violent and "different"?  

I_Am_The_Calm_One

Tybarious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:32 am
So sue me, never said I could spell well. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:41 pm
Purple: WOOHP, I know.
It just reminded me of it ^.^

Tybar: LOL

MR: I still watch the show. Thank you internet ^.^
(I love this show)
And blowing crap out of proportion is always fun.

Monster: You forgot you joined gaia?  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:06 pm
I_Am_The_Calm_One
I find it interesting to see how they will take ancient games and bring them into the modern times with little damage done to the players. I wonder though will it be short lived because it does not catch on or will it become the next sensation because it is so violent and "different"?

I assume they're expecting some amount of horrible injuries. I'm more curious about the copycats who will undoubtedly try to play the games in their own backyards. xp We'll just have to wait and see how popular it gets. I'm not going to guess on that. People hate learning new rules, but they love extreme violence. We'll see.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:08 pm
Some things should never be brought back.  

xwhateverxdudex

Iakun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:50 pm
This is no big deal compared to a magical sport played on flying broomsticks by children in a school which can actually kill them or make them go missing for months at a time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:22 pm
Ty: Hey man no worries I feel your pain. Hence why I suck majorly at Scrabble cause I can't spell worth beans! Though I've gotten better I'm still not that good.

Dude: Did you know there is like another one that's with different girls or their kids or something I saw a clip of it once recently. It was a good series I thought it was fun to watch. *chuckles and nods* Totally! Well...until someone takes it seriously or it goes WAY out of hand in the wrong way. *nods* Amen on that!

Purple: Oh I'm sure if not then they're idiots I mean come on! *blinks* Oh you have a point there I never even thought about that. *looks at bro's last statement and then remembers kids jumping off the roofs of their house on a broom trying to fly.* Oh good lord we're going to have some dead people if this catches on...

Bro: *chuckles* True, very true.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:05 pm
*waits with stick to poke dead people* surprised