Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
MIO Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rogue Galaxy is like a collection of every anime/video game trope ever created.
  From the insect battle tournament with a spiky-haired kid to the battle-hardened hot chick with a heart of gold.
  And of course, the talking animals and the big-nosed scientist who looks like the guy from Astroboy.
  And then there's MIO. I'll let her introduce herself.
View Results

Iakun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:39 pm
purpleravenhawk
Yeah, he's awesome. Toughest boss I've fought so far. He does this thing where he uses his guns and then kicks you in the face! xd He would've been an awesome character to play.

Hey, I think Lilika's better looking too. Dude just has a thing for women who are tiny and mousey. xp

Cuz they're the type that goes all "But no big brother, it won't fit, I'm embarassed, chuuuuuuuuuuuuu" All in Japanese of course. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:56 am
Iakun: Agreed!
They should release everything all at once and on all systems >.<

Purple: I know that was an extreme statement.
I was just thinking of all the hatred you hold towards "eye-candy" characters.
(for example: 7 of 9 on voyager got ALOT of hate)

MR: everyone has standards of what they can and can't stomich.
But I may just be nuts. I did after all pick Clover as my favorate character on Totally Spies ^.^
(purple) True, I don't feel much attraction for what would be described as "strong" women. They'd be considdered nothing more then "just one of the guys" while the cuter ones would get all the real attention.

Iakun: LOL - It's funny because it's true ^.^
(of course "blood related" brothers aren't the only ones that get called "Onii-chan" in japan - for example: next door neighbor guys that happen to be older)  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:16 pm
Well, 7 was a completely extraneous character whose sole purpose (as admitted by the writers in interviews) was to attract the all-important young male viewers. And it showed in nearly every episode she was in. The stories, the writing, and the other characters suffered for it until the final season. I could list a dozen example just off the top of my head, but that's going further afield than I intend.

You do realize what this aversion to strong women says about you psychologically, don't you? I already knew it, but I wonder if you've thought of it. And on a sidenote, women who act all cute and mousey in real life are usually faking it! xd

Personally, I think it's creepy to have sex with someone you call "sister" or "brother" or any other familial name, even if you're not really related to them. The name-calling means they have a familial-type relationship with you, regardless of blood.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:17 pm
Purple: Really? Oh that sounds awesome! Reminds me of a few moves my characters can do though none can do that with double guns....that's so awesome! To each their own. ^_^

Bro: *giggles* Yeah he'd like that. *chuckles*

Dude: To true, to true. You are nuts embrace it I have. ^_~ *blinks* Clover was the ditsy blond right? I liked the raven top can't remember her name. She may not have been the brightest crayon in the Crayola box, but her heart was in the right place, and she was a sweet girl that wasn't shallow...at least...she didn't seem that way to me.

Purple: Wow you really didn't like 7 of 9 did you. *blinks* What does it it say about him psychologically? *shrugs* I guess, again, I'm one of those weird people. It doesn't bother me all that much simply because there are people out there that have "fetishes?" and we all have some kind of dark inner desire that society has declared it bad, wrong, or immoral to do. I say if you ain't hurting anybody then party on...if I'm not a fan and you don't drag me into it I say rock on. You get what I'm saying?  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:28 pm
Purple: I don't stop to considder the phychological meaning of anything really.

And as for the "familial" comment. That would explain why most married couples in japan don't have alot of sex once married. Their family bonds are so strong that once someone joins the family, they stop doing it so much. Yet many are quite fond of having relations outside the marrage.
This article explains it better then I can.
http://www.stippy.com/japan-culture/is-japan-really-sexless/

MR: "raven-top" ?
I'm not sure about that one, but yeah, Clover is the blonde girl.
Sam is the red-head. And Alex is the black-haired girl.
(I don't follow bird colors but I guess you meant Alex)

BTW... what's up with some people spelling it "colour" ?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:43 pm
Well, Moon, it's simple. Psychologically, he feels threatened by strong women and concerned about being unable to control them. It's all about control and feeling superior. 3nodding

And no, I didn't care for 7 of 9 at first. She finally melded into the show during the final season, but at that point, everything else was so different that it didn't matter anymore, and the show was ending anyway. As for fetishes, I see your point, but I still can't help but think of psychological implications. It's what I do. 3nodding

Dude: I know you don't. xd

I did hear that somewhere about Japan. The same thing is happening in some areas of western europe, and they're actually worried about population decreases. Which I find ridiculous considering the massive population problem we have globally.

I liked Sam first cuz she was smart, and then Alex cuz she was nice. I found Clover a little grating sometimes. In addition to the ditziness, she had a habit of slipping into a more elitist persona every now and then.

Raven-top is black-haired. rolleyes And "colour" is the original European spelling. "Color" is the Americanization.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:28 pm
Dude: *Points* Alex that's the one! I liked her the best. *chuckles* Yeah if you ever hear someone say "Raven-top" that means they're talking about a black-haired person. Oddly, at least to my knowledge, that's the only color that has a thing like that. *shrugs*

As for the spelling "Colour"...well it seems purple explained it. I thought it might have been something like that but I wasn't sure. I thought it could have been that Americans were being weird again like how they want to change the spelling of "phone" to "fone" or some such crap.

Purple: *nods* I see...

*nods* Eh, it's okay I didn't care a lot for her but I didn't hate her she grew on me fairly quickly actually. But hey to each their own right? *nods and smiles* Yeah, but you wouldn't be our Purple if you didn't think of the Psychological Implications. ^_^ Besides I get to learn all kinds of interesting stuff that way. ^_~ Though sometimes I guess I wonder is it really a "Fetish" or is it true hidden desires? Then again that delves into a very deep conversation about human nature and the meaning of it and the implication that "society" is a brainwashing at its fines or not.

I liked Alex first because though she wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed she did have the biggest heart and tried so hard. I liked Sam next then Clover. I guess the only reason I didn't like Sam is because if I were to interact with someone like Sam I'd feel like a totally idiot compared to their smarts ya know? Clover...yeah I would have rather cut off my own foot rather then deal with someone like her she always seemed so shallow to me and self centered.

*blinks* So why did we change it from "colour" to "color"? Also is "demon" and "deamon" kind of the same thing? See I learned it was spelled "demon" yet I know someone that always spells it "deamon" and I know she's not a dumb person. She said it was because it was the ancient wiccan way of spelling it, but I was curious if it like the proper European spelling and we Americans just slaughtered it ya know?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:22 am
Are you sure most of the overpopulation problem isn't right here in the USA?
LOL

The government in japan is actually encouraging people it have sex. I find that weird.
>.>

I liked Clover because she seemed to be more fun. Alex is a close second but had more "slam your forehead" moments then the rest of them, though in reality that would probably make her easier to get along with. And as for Sam... I nice girl but like MR said, too smart makes others feel too dumb.

And yeah, the original british english spells ALOT of things different to our american english. For example, I was given this link a little bit back.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:58 pm
Moon: Well, a fetish is simply a desire expressed in an obsessive, sometimes twisted way. It's usually a result of being denied something or feeling overwhelmed by its opposite. The brainwashing of society definitely plays a huge part in it all. For instance, dude's predilection for cute, mousey women is something that men have been taught to prefer for centuries. Doesn't make it right or even natural. Actually, by evolutionary standards, men should prefer stronger women. So that's all society, there. In the basic sense of the word, it's a fetish, which is generally considered somewhat unnatural. Ironic, no? That's society for you.

I've actually had people tell me that they don't like to talk to me cuz I make them feel dumb. sad That's very frustrating. But at least I'm not more like Clover. xd

Okay, "color" is just a result of classic American laziness. We didn't want to take the half-second required to draw an extra letter. xp And "daemon" is from the original Latin, back when the "a" and the "e" were combined into one letter or phoneme. Not originally wiccan (depending on how far back you want to trace that group), but your friend is right about it being very old. It's not the first spelling, tho. The Latins took it from the Greeks, who spelled it "daimon." xd

Dude: Well, I said "globally." That does include the US.

Lol, they're doing that in Germany too. There was this contest for people to try to have a baby on a particular day. xp

I don't think Clover was more fun, just more hyper, which is fun to watch but not to be around. I think Alex would be more fun in real life, although personally I would enjoy spending time with Sam and comparing notes on psychology and history and such. whee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:45 pm
Dude: Hey if you like Clover I say more power to ya, but I couldn't say she was more fun for me. I actually recently saw an episode of Totally Spies.

That was an interesting link thanks for sharing it Dude?

Purple: Huh, that is interesting. Thank you for the information.

*smiles* Hey you don't bother me with your smarts. I find it interesting what I learn from you and I know I can ask you and usually get an answer. Sometimes, I wanna see if I can't find something that you don't know. *chuckles*

*nods* Surprise, surprise. *blinks* Oooo now that's interesting I didn't know that about "daemon" and that it came from the Greek word "daimon" that's just so interesting! Thanks for sharing all that info with me that was very interesting to learn. See that's another reason I like you being smart I can learn all kinds of stuff from ya. ^_~

*chuckles* I could just see you and Sam comparing notes and sitting for lunch and getting all smart chatty that would be cute to watch, but I'll hang out with Alex while you figure out the ends and outs of the world with Sam. ^_~  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:04 pm
I like learning new stuff too. And I like sharing what I learn, so it's fun for me when people ask stuff like that. whee I think knowledge should be shared. If that makes me seem smarter than people want me to be, I'll live with it.

Hey, if you want to take that as a challenge and see if you can think of something I don't know, go ahead. I love to learn! surprised

Lol, that would be fun!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:46 pm
Japan's birthrate is extremely low. You can go into many hospitals and the nurseries will literally be silent. I don't know why they would be encouraging more births though because Japan IS incredibly crowded already.

Japanese family life seems weird to me. It certainly isn't a very western model. I don't know why they'd stop having sex after getting married. Americans on average probably have more kids than a Japanese couple so they simply wouldn't have much of an opportunity for it. Maybe that's why a lot of marriages don't even happen there anymore, especially if it's gonna kill the sex or even romance in general. It also really irks me when people get MARRIED, yet they still fiddle with other people outside marriage. Actually, it kind of pisses me off. And contrary to what the average anime shows (shy kids, can barely hold hands and god forbid you see a kiss), apparently Japanese teens are pretty casual when it comes to sex which makes me wonder why their teen pregnancy rates aren't so high.

I loved 7, even if she was total fanservice.

As for dude's preference in women, I don't think it's fair to look too deeply into it. Just because a man prefers a more subdued woman doesn't mean he has domination issues. Would me liking a stronger man mean I want to be controlled? Of course not.  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:28 pm
(Purple - There was this contest for people to try to have a baby on a particular day)
Now that IS weird ^.^

(Purple - I don't think Clover was more fun, just more hyper, which is fun to watch but not to be around)
That's probably very true.

MR: Sure NP. I get sent alot of weird crap in the places I visit ^.^

LOL - yeah, purple and Sam would chat up a storm all right.
Right up until they all got WOOHP'd away ^.^

And Clover may be more fun to watch, but perhaps Alex would be more fun to hang with.
She just revealed in a couple of episodes that she's a major video game player ^.^
(she's especially obssessed with one zombie game in particular) LOL

Iakun: I read somewhere (can't find it now) that in japan, once someone joins the family (aka though marriage) they become like a brother or sister. And doing such things with siblings is DUH, wrong. So in japan, marriage actually kills the sex life. In fact I saw a chart once from a survey that pointed out that ALOT of couples even sleep in sepparate beds (or futons) or whatever.

But as for that low pregnancy rate.
Maybe japan has a secret for preventing it that they don't want to share ^.^ LOL

(I liked 7 too ^.^ )
Thank you!
It's like you're on my side more then my own sister v.v
(I'd rather have a "subdued" girl, because I don't like the idea of being with a control freak either)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:29 pm
Well not that I'm taking sides or anything lol I just think analysis of people's preferences in a "mate" can only go so far. There's no genetic marker for preferring emo-goth girls after all. Though we still have remnants of a more primitive time, we're a little more complex than that now.

(totally lost on all this clover alex business you people are talking about)

As for fetishes which was talked about up there earlier, one could possibly argue anything other than doggystyle is already an abomination as far as nature is concerned. Perhaps purple could give us an explanation of how missionary position is a societal invention to give men dominance over women. xp But then again, the act of sex and doggystyle position is nature already giving the male the dominant position.

As for Wicca which was briefly mentioned earlier, it started around the 50's, and is just a branch under the Pagan tree which is ancient. People also like to couple Wicca with satanism, that is the one that is NOT about the worship of the devil. But I personally don't like that "friendlier" satanism because it's still all about selfishness and over self-indulgence though they claim it's about being true to ones self. Leave it to humans to make a religion of narcissism.  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:10 am
Iakun: The whole world is crowded, but for some reason, people think we need more people. xp

That is weird about Japanese family life and teen casual sex. Doesn't sound too bad to me, tho.

Actually, it does mean that. You can psychoanalyze any sort of preference and explain it, even the ones that are considered "normal." I've learned to not consider anything "normal," cuz nothing really is. Almost everyone has a subconscious desire to either be dominant or subdued. Very few people truly desire an equal partnership; they might think they do, but their subconscious says otherwise. It's ALL psychology. Everything you say or do. Creepy, huh?

Of course, genetics don't always dictate preferences. That's mostly left up to environment. Psychology tells us how the two interact in order to form a total mind. And we may have the potential to be more complex, but most people choose not to be. They let their Id run ramant, while their Ego tries to clean up afterwords. xp

I could say that about missionary, but you already did. xd And doggystyle was invented because it's the only position that works for four-legged creatures. Have you ever watched chimps doing it? They play with all different kinds of positions. And different partners. They're very active. xd

Lol @ religion of narcissism. So true! xd

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces