Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Do you think Sailor Mercury is a Pointless Sailor Scout? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

exile347

2,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:38 pm
Sailor Mercury is one of the best sailor scouts. Without her they wouldn't have defeated as many enemies that they have. She's the brains behind the scouts.

Even in one of the seasons where Queen Neheliana(SP?) makes all the scouts split up into twos and Serena is separated from them in her school outfit because she can't transform.. Uranus realizes that with Mercury she is very different and has her own way of defeating enemies which is her intellect instead of just brute strength and force.

Another reason she is the best is because she balances out the rest of the scouts, she is the voice of reason and isn't all boy crazy like the rest of them. She knows what she wants and goes for it with everything.

In the Sailor Moon R season when the youma turns everyone against her she just shrugs it off as nothing because she knows that her friends are there for her. Sure it takes a lot longer for her to realize this but she's just that strong to flick it off as nothing because all her life she was known as the brains who gets the grades and highest scores.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:00 am
dragon_1212xp
Ahh yes, I myself have come across many a parody where poor Sailor Mercury is downplaid as being the scout that no one cares about.

Personally I LOVE Sailor Mercury and she is very key to the team. Without her the team would have no idea what to do, what was going on, or even how to do things. She shows that the team does have brains behind it and there are reasons why things happen the way they do.

I think there's several reasons why this happens to her.
1) Her physical strength is rather poor
2) She's smart, IRL if you were Ami you would be a total loser, so sadly, this projects in fandom.
3) She has short hair. I know what you're thinking "Huh??" let me explain, in anime Hair is a MAJOR things and it's very common for female characters to have extremely long hair, her hair is short, therefore an anomoly and people tend not to like that. (It's a psychological reason)
4) She's not as "love" crazy as the other scouts tend to be, and she also has a very calm personality, when you compare her to how in-your-face her fellow characters can be, Mercury is sadly put in the background.
5) She doesn't have any outrageous hobbies so she's often drawn simply reading or studying.

These aren't reasons to hate her or anything, it's just WHY she's played off certain ways.

IMO the most useless Scout is Sailor Moon herself (IN THE BEGINNING), she fails at being a leader and most of the time stands there and doesn't defend until Tuxedo Mask comes along and tells her to do stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I love that little meatball head to death, but at the start she definetly takes a long time to get used to this whole "superhero" business.

Whilst I agree with you on most three is wrong...or at least partially.

Uranus has short hair and a lot of people LOVE her, there are MANY short haired characters around that are loved, the shortness of hair really has nothing to do with it.  

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Ranluka

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:35 pm
Nafretiti
dragon_1212xp
Ahh yes, I myself have come across many a parody where poor Sailor Mercury is downplaid as being the scout that no one cares about.

Personally I LOVE Sailor Mercury and she is very key to the team. Without her the team would have no idea what to do, what was going on, or even how to do things. She shows that the team does have brains behind it and there are reasons why things happen the way they do.

2) She's smart, IRL if you were Ami you would be a total loser, so sadly, this projects in fandom.
3) She has short hair. I know what you're thinking "Huh??" let me explain, in anime Hair is a MAJOR things and it's very common for female characters to have extremely long hair, her hair is short, therefore an anomoly and people tend not to like that. (It's a psychological reason)
4) She's not as "love" crazy as the other scouts tend to be, and she also has a very calm personality, when you compare her to how in-your-face her fellow characters can be, Mercury is sadly put in the background.
5) She doesn't have any outrageous hobbies so she's often drawn simply reading or studying.

These aren't reasons to hate her or anything, it's just WHY she's played off certain ways.

IMO the most useless Scout is Sailor Moon herself (IN THE BEGINNING), she fails at being a leader and most of the time stands there and doesn't defend until Tuxedo Mask comes along and tells her to do stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I love that little meatball head to death, but at the start she definetly takes a long time to get used to this whole "superhero" business.

Whilst I agree with you on most three is wrong...or at least partially.

Uranus has short hair and a lot of people LOVE her, there are MANY short haired characters around that are loved, the shortness of hair really has nothing to do with it.

meh, I don't see alot of luv for her. When there is love, its because she's so damn cute with Neptune. (and part of that is because kinda looks like a dude, it's easier for the straightys to relate xD)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:58 pm
Can't we just love all the characters for who they are?  

Doctor Bullets

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:05 pm
dragon_1212xp

Her intelligence (and blue hair) is the primary reason I love her the most. She's someone you can actually have a conversation with.

Though honestly I like longer hair, she pulls off the short hair look. It gives her a sense of uniqueness, almost to tomboyishness (which actually means it would make more sense for jupiter, though she perhaps needs longer hair to balance out her brute strength with her personality).

Her calmness and lack of "love-craze" is perhaps what draws some people to her.

Reading is a good hobby, though she does need to eventually cut back on the studying (I suppose since cram schools are so popular in Japan, it was necessary, but she has to graduate eventually!).  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:39 am
Sailor mercury rocks.  

sailor hamster

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:12 pm
salior mercury is a very smart and useful scout. she uses her mini computer to find hidden enemeies and gives info to the other scouts.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:53 am
Well i think shes always first to think and if you watch long enough you notice she starts to follow her heart. She then encourages others in the scouts to start thinking while thye get her to open up. and she does go boy crazy a couple episodes.. lol  

Minnie001

5,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100

Tsukiusada

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:59 pm
i guess she is very important because she`s smart and that makes her different from the others, but in the last part of the anime most of the senshis are useless, and i think its because there are too many  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:20 am
i did when i was younger but it was only cuz blue wasnt my favorite color at the time.. sweatdrop now that i am older and i watched it a second time, i see how her level head helped the others biggrin and it made me mad when the others called her usless stare  

Jacey says hello

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Mark Twain 100

cat0120

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:37 am
Sailor Mercury is a great sailor scout, with out her high powered computer, the sailor moon and others were not able to find where Queen Beryl's lair was. As well as how strong some of foes were, and if each of them had a crystal. The other way she is quite helpful, is the fact that she can freeze things with mercury bubbles. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:03 pm
Though I wasn't a fan of all the senshi, I do believe they all served a purpose, played an important part, and balanced out the team as a whole. Mercury will always be my favorite--I just felt she was more practical and easier to identify with smile .  

ladycobalt

KittyChic1029

Invisible Cat

9,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:57 am
i grew very fond of sailor mercury. i think each sailor scout contributed equally.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:39 am
I don't think that Ami-chan is usless. In fact, she's one of the most important senshi. She's the brains behind the inner senshi, which makes up for her being physically weaker than the others. She is noth usless at all.

"I.Am.Not.Usless!"
-Amy, Sailor Moon Abriged, Episode 40(Part 1)

I'm asumming the paroday that you're refering to is Sailor Moon Abriged?  

sailorsaturnpwns

2,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Sakura Haruno67

5,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:24 pm
Well she's not my favorite but every Sailor Scout has an important role in the group. Without her I'm pretty sure the rest of the scouts would be kind of lost. So with that said I don't think she's useless.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff