Reply Full Moon wo Sagashite
FMWS on DVD in the USA?!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moggleberry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:54 am
But that show would take aaaagggggeeeessss to dub, I mean not only is it long, but what about the songs? I don't mean to be mean I really dont, but I'm kinda doubtful somehow. But I'm more of a fan of the manga now that I've read it all. I hope the voices are good, they might ruin it if it isn't.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:51 pm
I think the fact that the first release is set for the middle of the year means that the dub crew is at work getting the first few volumes ready. Usually, since this is about 12 or 13 volumes long (I forgot the number, this will probably be a 2-3 year project, and during that stretch, a new hybrid DVD volume will be created.

In fact, I think they are finding the right voices for the dub as we speak, if they haven't got to work dubbing the first few episodes yet!  

HachiBeach151

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:46 pm
It hasn't even been officially confirmed yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:40 am
Well, it's been put down as liscenced in all the anime communities I'm in. Viz also has the manga. They've been known to get the anime too sometimes. The dvd is listed as coming out, which means the voice actors have probably already been chosen and they're in recording.

stare I just wish I knew more on Viz... Can't say much more than that.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Bchan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:57 am
Full Moon DVD Uncertain (2006-01-13 14:14:23)
The Right Stuf has listed Viz's release of Full Moon volume 1 as discontinued. A Viz representative was not available for comment today.

http://animenewsnetwork.com/

Wha?

crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:06 am
Well... until there is official word on it, I don't think we should count on it. It is going to be a tough series for Viz to work on, and perhaps even if they do have the rights, they won't announce that they do until they make some good progress on the project. confused  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

Mikanne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:22 am
Hmmm...Viz--never really saw a dubbed anime from them :/

Hopefully, they'll get some good voice actors for our favorite Full Moon characters biggrin
I pray that someone like Tiffany Grant [she did Sai Jounouchi's voice in Angelic Layer] will act for Mitsuki's grandmother >0< she did a fine job portraying a cold-sounding person like Sai-san, I bet she'll do perfect for Mitsuki's grandmother! 3nodding

Also, I hope that the music does not get dubbed .__. because that would suck...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:14 pm
The music would kind of have to be, in my opinion. It just wouldn't be a smooth dub if they had to leave in the Japanese singer every time Mitsuki starts singing. It just doesn't fit very well when I've seen it done in the past and this would be nearly every other episode... For better or for worse, I think they'd be better off translating the music.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:39 pm
I agree with Memory. It wouldn't be the first anime to have translated songs, either. It just might be harder to do since music is a critical part of the show.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:31 pm
Bchan
Er... am I the only person who likes the FMWS anime better than the manga?

The manga so far is way too depressing for me. I hate angsty, depressed manga Mitsuki. She's whiny, a downer... she just overall annoys me. Anime Mitsuki is inspiring. In the anime, I like how Eichi remains a distant, mysterious character. We don't learn much about him, which I like. He's more of an idea than a real person that Mitsuki is trying to reach. And I can't say into words how much better the big ~spoiler~ is revealed in the anime. The manga version just made me dislike Mitsuki even more.... So far I've wanted to just slap her across the face and tell her to stop being a brat. I've never found myself being so angry at anime Mitsuki.
I also prefer that Madoka is more fleshed out, as well as Oshige-san. Plus, I liked the ending, even if it was open ended.... sweatdrop

Anyway...

Viz might opt not to do a dubbed version. It's a long shot, but I think the anime would work much better without a dub butchering it (mainly butchering the music)

Don't mind me if I show my point of why the manga is better. For one, as frequently occuring in manga to anime, the art tends to deteriorate when made into an anime, which isn't unusual, but next point.

I found that the Mitsuki in the manga was more realistic. She's sick, she's going to die, and she might never even get a chance to see her first love ever again, yet in the anime she is just...oddly optimistic. She was just too bubbly, too happy to be true for someone waiting such a long period of time. While Mitsuki in the manga knew, she tried her best to hide her feelings, which is a realistic characteristic of many people, to conceal their feelings to protect themselves and create a shell and eventually they pretty much...burst, as Mitsuki did.
In the anime, she was just...cute. But that was it. She wasn't a particularly appealing character...
But that's just me.
I fear dub voices. D: The music would probably be replaced with some crappy instrumental or something.

Lepidus Light

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:11 pm
Well, I've said this many times before. But I'll repeat it here, for everyone else's sake. It's a DVD. If you don't like the dub voices that much, switch it to Japanese, lol. Not all that hard to do, now is it?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:52 pm
MemoryDragon
Well, I've said this many times before. But I'll repeat it here, for everyone else's sake. It's a DVD. If you don't like the dub voices that much, switch it to Japanese, lol. Not all that hard to do, now is it?

Normally I would be ok or wouldn't care about a dub - since I doubt this will ever be brought to TV (because of the issues of death, etc) , I don't think we need to worry about stupid things like name changes, location names changed, and so on. That's the major thing that bothers me about dubs, 2nd being crappy voice acting.

But since FMWS is so focused on music... that's what worries me. Myco is such a fantastic singer, and it's going to take a really special person to top her.

Tenchi is the only dub I think of where I actually prefer the dubbed version of music - same songs, but the singers were much better.

Who knows, maybe they can pull it off again in FMWS. ~shrug~  

Bchan

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:03 pm
Aw, not all dubs have crappy acting. lol... A lot of the voice actors take their work seriously and are absolutely crazy about the shows. They want the dub to be as good as any of the fans do. At least, that's my experience with most of the FUNimation crew that I've hung out with. Viz though... I haven't exactly liked all of their work. I don't think I've watched anything by them recently though, so they may have gotten better.

And in all honesty, Myco wasn't the best at playing a 12 year old girl in the beginning of the series. She did get better as it went on, but I still flinch a little when I watch the first episode.

Don't get me wrong. There are some really bad dubs out there. But I think if you start watching a dub with preconceived notions that the Japanese voice actors are the best, then of course you're going to hate it. So give it a chance, is what I guess I'm trying to say in a very round about way... lol. I've put it better before. Ah, well.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:31 pm
I want to own it, though I've seen the entire anime on you tube... But I'm scared to hear the dub!  

Unreasonable Sin

Full Moon wo Sagashite

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces